It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thursday Night Steelers vs. Panthers Game Comments
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:11 pm 

I like our chances to win on a short week, Panthers can score points fast so defense better bring it. Odds favor us though:

- We're playing the Panthers (we usually beat them), we haven't played them many times but we're 5-1 overall against them https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/pi ... team?opp=5

- Home game (Panthers have never beaten us in Pittsburgh)

- Thursday night game (road teams have terrible records on Thursday games)

- It's a nationally televised game (Panthers are 1-7 in nationally televised games vs. teams with winning records since the 2015 year, 1-8 if you count the Super Bowl and just count their last 9 overall)

- There will be the big tribute to the synagogue victims

Post subject: Re: Thursday Night Steelers vs. Panthers Game Comments
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:33 am 

After watching that collision at the goal line with Weddle and Connor run over and over this week, I have come to the conclusion Connor is on his way to an injury. That was a pretty big collision.

He needs to tone it down a bit or we really will need Bell. I know it is his style, but it is a long season. Avoid hits when possible and deliver punishment when absolutely necessary. I think he could have scored on that play with a dive to the pylon while avoiding the collision or lessening it greatly.

It is a short week JC, play fast and use the sideline more this week if possible.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:20 am 

Really looking forward to this game. First off, pretty much every Thursday Night game has been total horseshit. This is a hell of a match up.

Steelers and Panthers are 1b contenders right now. The 1a contenders are:

KC LAR NE NO

1b contenders are:

PIT CAR LAC CIN MIN HOU

CAR has a very good offense and a pretty good defense. Pretty strong team through and through. Newton might be having his best year even taking into account the year they lost to the Doncos in the Super Bowl.

We will need to score some points to win this one. Good training for the rest of the way. We also caught ATL at the right time; that offense is really clicking now and we are fortunate we had them at home and early.

Win Thurs and enjoy the mini bye week.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 4:58 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
After watching that collision at the goal line with Weddle and Connor run over and over this week, I have come to the conclusion Connor is on his way to an injury. That was a pretty big collision.

He needs to tone it down a bit or we really will need Bell. I know it is his style, but it is a long season. Avoid hits when possible and deliver punishment when absolutely necessary. I think he could have scored on that play with a dive to the pylon while avoiding the collision or lessening it greatly.

It is a short week JC, play fast and use the sideline more this week if possible.

I've started thinking the same things. In the beginning, I think he had to set the tone and take on tacklers 1) because he was the only offense we had and 2) because he kind of had to prove himself. Now he doesn't have anything to prove. He needs to preserve himself for the long haul. Take his shots hockey style...when he needs to send a message or get the team fired up. Otherwise, get his extra yards with spin moves and getting skinny. Let the rest of the offense carry some of the weight.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:11 am 

The Panthers offense is a big concern for me.

The Panthers skill position players are filled with fast athletic play makers.

McCaffery Samuel Moore Funchess Olson Cam

The Panthers running game is diverse...Jet Sweeps, reverses, counters, quarterback runs
The Panthers passing game attacks all levels of the field.

The Panthers defense doesn't concern me.

Tj Watt and Bud Dupree will be key players this week. Both have been horrible at times with assignment based football. The Steelers MUST be fundamentally sound. Tackle in space...Rally to the ball. Dont OVER PURSUE

I expect a shootout

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:48 am 

7forSteel wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

I've started thinking the same things. In the beginning, I think he had to set the tone and take on tacklers 1) because he was the only offense we had and 2) because he kind of had to prove himself. Now he doesn't have anything to prove. He needs to preserve himself for the long haul. Take his shots hockey style...when he needs to send a message or get the team fired up. Otherwise, get his extra yards with spin moves and getting skinny. Let the rest of the offense carry some of the weight.

I agree 100%.

Time to have Jerome come in and consult with Conner on how to get skinny and to avoid taking big hits. Or have Franco come in and explain the nuances of going out of bounds.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:39 am 

FC wrote:

Norv Turner has really been using all the weapons on the field for them. He was a great off season signing for the organization.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:16 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:

Some of the Sirius callers that call up are a joke and they get millions listening to their observations.
One supposedly die hard Raven fan calls up and says Suggs is a non factor, Mosley is MIA, Weddle is soft now.

Sorry but Suggs is still a beast..yes he has to take plays off but he is still playing a high level.
I do give him Mosley. He was never fast but he is getting exposed.
Weddle has been castrated by the rules but he still plays smart and is always around the football.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:33 pm 

stillthere wrote:
FC wrote:

Norv Turner has really been using all the weapons on the field for them. He was a great off season signing for the organization.

Yeah Cam looks so much more happier this year and he is not shy about showing emotions.

Just another story about how a son free rides through life on the road his father built in Mike Shula.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:57 am 

Steelers/PSU Fan wrote:
I like our chances to win on a short week, Panthers can score points fast so defense better bring it. Odds favor us though:

- We're playing the Panthers (we usually beat them), we haven't played them many times but we're 5-1 overall against them https://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/pi ... team?opp=5

- Home game (Panthers have never beaten us in Pittsburgh)

- Thursday night game (road teams have terrible records on Thursday games)

- It's a nationally televised game (Panthers are 1-7 in nationally televised games vs. teams with winning records since the 2015 year, 1-8 if you count the Super Bowl and just count their last 9 overall)

- There will be the big tribute to the synagogue victims

I knew our odds were good but man...we kicked ass.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:32 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:

After rereading this thread, I wouldn’t be surprised if JC was concussed during the Ravens game, the goal line hit to be precise, and then exacerbated it in the Panthers game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:58 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

After rereading this thread, I wouldn’t be surprised if JC was concussed during the Ravens game, the goal line hit to be precise, and then exacerbated it in the Panthers game.

That would actually make sense of his limited action early in the game. Why would aviators all of a sudden decide to give him a break when there's been countless opportunities to do so over the past 10 weeks?