Post subject: Re: Chiefs-Pats
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:18 pm 

scored too fast

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:19 pm 

Too much time left.... 1 minute would be too much time

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:24 pm 

Wow no defense in this game, like watching a big 12 college football game.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:24 pm 

Suwanee88 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
And I am SO sick of the Pats.

I’ll tell you one guy who isn’t.......Art2

Oh, I'm sure Art wants to beat them.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:28 pm 

Sigh. Fuckin Patriots.

#CdnSteelerFanStrong

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:36 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Sigh. Fuckin Patriots.

Watching that game, it would have been crazily unorthodox, but I think chiefs would have been better served onside kicking after tying it at 40. At least a recovery would have given a chance at a win; and if they didn’t recover, Patriots would score faster and maybe leave a bit of time left on the clock so you could try and score and force OT. That’s some serious outside the box thinking, but hell, it’s a 40-40 game at that point, and you’re going to count on your defense?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 11:38 pm 

Pats ended up with 0 penalties. Zilch. Not one. How the fuck is that possible? Same old shit again. Year after year after year.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:16 am 

JaySteel72 wrote:
Pats ended up with 0 penalties. Zilch. Not one. How the fuck is that possible? Same old shit again. Year after year after year.

The only explanation is the NFL suits decided what the league really needed.....was a Yankees franchise - 10% of the country loves them, the rest hates them and that's all good for business. If Brady and Belicheat were actually likeable, it doesn't work does it?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:06 am 

Stosh-67 wrote:
Chiefs vs Bengels next week too

Is the the first time, outside of the flexing at the end of the year, a team was scheduled back to back Sunday nights?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:45 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:

Is the the first time, outside of the flexing at the end of the year, a team was scheduled back to back Sunday nights?

That game next week was flexed, they are able to flex games after week 4 now.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:18 am 

JaySteel72 wrote:

They had an illegal procedure called against them, but the Chiefs declined it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:30 am 

Steelers/PSU Fan wrote:
Wow no defense in this game, like watching a big 12 college football game.

I just watched your sig for about 10 loops. I love the block by JuJu, but 27 got broken by Bell.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:40 am 

StillerDownSouth wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Stosh-67 wrote:

That game next week was flexed, they are able to flex games after week 4 now.

Didn’t know that- thanks!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:41 am 

Will-the-Shake wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Sigh. Fuckin Patriots.

Watching that game, it would have been crazily unorthodox, but I think chiefs would have been better served onside kicking after tying it at 40. At least a recovery would have given a chance at a win; and if they didn’t recover, Patriots would score faster and maybe leave a bit of time left on the clock so you could try and score and force OT. That’s some serious outside the box thinking, but hell, it’s a 40-40 game at that point, and you’re going to count on your defense?

I actually thought the same thing but Peterson might do that...Reid never would.

Hell...it’s taken Reid this long to use his timeouts correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:44 am 

Chiefs and Pats are playing the ball that the NFL wants right now. Scoring, scoring and more scoring.

Stat whores rejoice; fantasy football takes over and NFL regains some popularity. 43-40 in a primetime game? Jeesh,

Bigger issue I have is that these two teams understand how you win in this league now. Shitty defense? No problem. We are going to hang 35+ burgers on you and dare you to go score for score with us. Last possession wins.

It’s shitty, stupid football and the Pats, Chiefs (and rams for that matter) have it dialed. I’ll say though the offensive schemes these teams have put together are really impressive.

Fitchner has his work cut out for him if he’s going to have a chance beating these teams in January.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:22 am 

My biggest grip with that game, believe it or not, was late in the fourth when Hill (I think) scored on a long play down the left sideline and ran into the padded wall behind the endzone. The Pats fans threw beer right in his face (live). NBC showed the play over four times, but cut it off right as he hit the wall/fence not showing the fans cheap-ass reaction. If that happened in Pittsburgh (or anywhere else) no doubt they would have shown the fans throwing beer in the opponents face over and over again, all the while, shaming the home fans and saying how low there are for doing it. But, it's the Pats and they cant have a negative image...right? What horseshit....

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:25 am 

Poltargyst wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
I watched Walking Dead instead, they don't review the hard hits, unless you also watch Talking Dead, which I don't. It's all entertainment.

I'm glad you did what entertained you. I'm being entertained watching the game tonight. And couldn't care less about the Walking Dead in any case.

I only watch the Steelers and Pitt Panthers, maybe a little NFLRZ, that's about it. That's way more than enough.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:27 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Chiefs and Pats are playing the ball that the NFL wants right now. Scoring, scoring and more scoring.

Stat whores rejoice; fantasy football takes over and NFL regains some popularity. 43-40 in a primetime game? Jeesh,

Bigger issue I have is that these two teams understand how you win in this league now. Shitty defense? No problem. We are going to hang 35+ burgers on you and dare you to go score for score with us. Last possession wins.

It’s shitty, stupid football and the Pats, Chiefs (and rams for that matter) have it dialed. I’ll say though the offensive schemes these teams have put together are really impressive.

Fitchner has his work cut out for him if he’s going to have a chance beating these teams in January.

Maybe you haven’t noticed that the Steelers are averaging 28.5 points per game, good for 7th in the NFL?

Less than a point per game behind the Patriots?

Fichtner is quietly doing a very good job...there are some new things going on here that neither Haley nor Arians did in their time here.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:28 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

Maybe you haven’t noticed that the Steelers are averaging 28.5 points per game, good for 7th in the NFL?

Less than a point per game behind the Patriots?

Fichtner is quietly doing a very good job...there are some new things going on here that neither Haley nor Arians did in their time here.

They also have a high RZ TD %

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:30 am 

DP39 wrote:
My biggest grip with that game, believe it or not, was late in the fourth when Hill (I think) scored on a long play down the left sideline and ran into the padded wall behind the endzone. The Pats fans threw beer right in his face (live). NBC showed the play over four times, but cut it off right as he hit the wall/fence not showing the fans cheap-ass reaction. If that happened in Pittsburgh (or anywhere else) no doubt they would have shown the fans throwing beer in the opponents face over and over again, all the while, shaming the home fans and saying how low there are for doing it. But, it's the Pats and they cant have a negative image...right? What horseshit....

My biggest gripe was them showing Brady’s swiveling hips.

Like no one else in the NFL does any work in throwing mechanics.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:52 am 

That’s not what I’m referring to Jeemie, and 7th is fine, but can they sustain it?

What I’m talking about is approaching games with the mindset that we are going to score score and score and what the other team does is completely insignificant in what we do. Being down two scores early and THEN kicking it into gear isn’t going to work against teams like the Pats and Chiefs. I don’t trust Tomlin to have that mentality yet; even yesterday it almost felt like he was trying to keep the game close and win it at the end (which we have seen him do time after time).

Fitchner has done a pretty good job but some real big gaps in some of the games we’ve been playing. Second half against BAL is inexcusable even against their stout defense. No points in second half against TB damn near cost us that game.

That shit rears it’s ugly head in Foxboro or Arrowhead and we will lose and it’s not even debatable.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:40 am 

The thing about today's NFL is that you want your defense and special teams to support your offense.

NE did intercept Mahommes twice. Hightower and that one INT return was a beauty. KC did get that fumble by Brady to help set up their offense. The return game on special teams, you need that to help your offenses.

We so far have done well with Switz on returns, he can be a weapon, can set up our offense. Danny Smith needs to tighten up the coverage teams on returns.

Our defense is not going to keep teams to 20 points or less but if they can get turnovers, give our offense more opportunities to score, and even score themselves. Fort, Dupree have scored TDs, we have gotten a safety. That has to be embraced, to have a defense that can get turnovers. I think they need to amp up the blitzes, go nuts, force QBs into turnovers. Yeah, you may get burned but you are also more likely to get turnovers that way. To not blitz, to play soft you are going to suffer a game of a thousand cuts as teams methodically move down the field and score anyway.

There is still one missing piece on our offense and that is the Bryant outside WR/deep threat. I still believe in James Washington. If they can take this bye, work on the offense and getting him involved it will make this offense really take off.

One last thing, it was refreshing to see us take the opening kickoff on offense. Yes. This has to continue, you win the coin toss you put your offense on the field first. Deferring kickoffs and putting your defense on the field first is admitting defeat in my opinion. In today's NFL you have to assume that the other team will score first if you kickoff to them first. You want the ball first, you want to score first, to dictate the game, put the pressure on the other team, to do otherwise is being a pussy and playing a losing game.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 10:54 am 

Nick79 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
I watched Walking Dead instead, they don't review the hard hits, unless you also watch Talking Dead, which I don't. It's all entertainment.

I'm glad you did what entertained you. I'm being entertained watching the game tonight. And couldn't care less about the Walking Dead in any case.

I only watch the Steelers and Pitt Panthers, maybe a little NFLRZ, that's about it. That's way more than enough.

I'd argue that the Walking Dead hasn't been entertaining since...well, since about the last time the NFL was probably entertaining.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:19 am 

Kodiak wrote:
JaySteel72 wrote:

The only explanation is the NFL suits decided what the league really needed.....was a Yankees franchise - 10% of the country loves them, the rest hates them and that's all good for business. If Brady and Belicheat were actually likeable, it doesn't work does it?

I was thinking the same thing with Burfict. If you remove him the Bengals games are not nearly as exciting. I live in Stamford CT and it is not that far of a stretch to think WWE does not creep it’s way into NFL HQ. WWE HQ, NBC Universal, XFL HQ, and I wouldn’t be surprised if there were some NFL offices in Stamford too. You fine a guy a zillion dollars and suspend him, and you have your villain and the ratings and rivalry increase. I am not saying they do it on purpose, but it is not a bad business model if you can do it within the existing system and don’t actually hand out scripts and fix games.

Your Yankee analogy isn’t that crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:35 am 

I found Collinsworth calling Brady Goat over and over pretty repulsive. Once would have been ok i guess, like as a joke sort of thing. But after a while he was using it regularly. No Tom, no Brady, just goat. Whomever coined that term with him id like to kick in the nuts.