It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next
 Post subject: Re: It’s Opening Day...
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:57 pm 

No pitching...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:02 pm 

Cervelli flashing some leather in his first ever start at first base.

Sorry...in two years. He has played it before.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:17 pm 

The Pirates have not retired the side in order since the 3rd inning Tuesday night.

That’s now 24 innings and counting.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:38 pm 

Hurdle looks to be conceding this game to preserve the bullpen.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:29 pm 

Hopefully this is Ivan Nova's last season as a Pirate.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:12 am 

Jeemie wrote:
The Pirates have not retired the side in order since the 3rd inning Tuesday night.

I was noticing this too. really shity 2 games. lucky to win one. maybe they can get some cards out today without the damn walks and hit batters among the hits.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:19 am 

bam morris wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

I was noticing this too. really shity 2 games. lucky to win one. maybe they can get some cards out today without the damn walks and hit batters among the hits.

Pitching alarm bells going off big time.

The four games against the Cubs and Cards have been really badly pitched. We are lucky to be 2-2.

Two clean innings out of the last thirty-three innings pitched is not gonna get it done.

And think of how bad this series so far could have been...the Cards have left 28 men on base in the two games.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:38 pm 

Serpico with his .164 BA is the last hope for the Bucs...with Freese on the bench holding a lifetime .500 BA against Norris.

WTF, HURDLE?!?!?!?!?!?

Last edited by Jeemie on Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:01 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Serpico with his .164 BA is the last hope for the Bucs...with Freese on the bench holding a lifetime .500 BA againat Norris.

WTF, HURDLE?!?!?!?!?!?

Save your strength, Jeems . . . Just cut and paste the bolded portion whenever needed.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 7:43 pm 

franco>madden wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
Serpico with his .164 BA is the last hope for the Bucs...with Freese on the bench holding a lifetime .500 BA againat Norris.

WTF, HURDLE?!?!?!?!?!?

Save your strength, Jeems . . . Just cut and paste the bolded portion whenever needed.

Rest metrics.

:lol:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:34 pm 

Bubbles loves him some Serpico.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:43 pm 

Hopefully this is Clint Hurdle's last season in a Pirate uniform.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:42 am 

dismal! better pitching Sunday worse offense!. glad Dickerson back but he was no help.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 7:43 am 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Bubbles loves him some Serpico.

don't get his love of this sub par tool.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:41 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Serpico with his .164 BA is the last hope for the Bucs...with Freese on the bench holding a lifetime .500 BA against Norris.

WTF, HURDLE?!?!?!?!?!?

Guys on the radio said Freese must be injured........were they right? or just in awe of the dumb move by Hurdle.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:09 pm 

R S wrote:
Jeemie wrote:

WTF, HURDLE?!?!?!?!?!?

Guys on the radio said Freese must be injured........were they right? or just in awe of the dumb move by Hurdle.

Yeah- saw that this morning- forearm contusion.

Still- I'd take a slightly injured Freese over Serpico in a critical spot every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 2:13 pm 

bam morris wrote:
dismal! better pitching Sunday worse offense!. glad Dickerson back but he was no help.

Dickerson and Bell were as hot as molten metal before they got injured.

My big worry is they will be cooled off because of the layoff.

Pirates are 5-5 since they both got hurt after rolling with the 11-game win streak.

That ain't gonna cut it.

Rockies...Giants...Cubs...Braves...Brewers...Cards (and two with the Twins)...that's the rest of their August.

And of those 23 games against playoff rivals...16 are on the road (the two against Minnesota are on the road as well).

We need these guys to get hot again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:54 pm 

The Pirates have traded for Rays SS Adeiny Hechavarria...could this be the end for Serpico?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:25 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
The Pirates have traded for Rays SS Adeiny Hechavarria...could this be the end for Serpico?

It better be.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:18 pm 

2 hits in the Denver band box. :twisted:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:24 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

It better be.

thing with Serpico that pisses me. he fields like shit besides hitting like Bambi.. and it blows my mind he seems to have a spot in lineup all the fucking time. misplaying in field and hitting like shit. its odd and crazy. can't tell me Bucs have no better option some place.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:30 pm 

Gadzooks, this team :? . . . last night nothing; tonight, 10 runs and a complete game W for Taillon --

I think I'll be happier just enjoying the Pirate wins when they happen and quit looking at the "standings" and dreaming of the postseason, because the Cubastards have shifted into gear now and I don't think they're coming back down anytime soon. I don't see the Buccos getting over that 'Hurdle' of being world-beaters one night and pissing away games the next . . . but they sure do have some firepower, though.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:54 am 

franco>madden wrote:
Gadzooks, this team :? . . . last night nothing; tonight, 10 runs and a complete game W for Taillon --

I think I'll be happier just enjoying the Pirate wins when they happen and quit looking at the "standings" and dreaming of the postseason, because the Cubastards have shifted into gear now and I don't think they're coming back down anytime soon. I don't see the Buccos getting over that 'Hurdle' of being world-beaters one night and pissing away games the next . . . but they sure do have some firepower, though.

It was always a pipe dream...too many teams to chase for the WC and the pitching is still the Achilles.

Still...3-3 through this slate of games with contenders...that won’t cut it, but at least it isn’t so horrible it’s doomed them already.

We’ll know for sure by August 31.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:01 am 

franco>madden wrote:

Too many teams to jump in both the division and “play in” game races. It could be done, but it’s a very long shot.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:07 pm 

Crick is suddenly looking very hittable.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 571 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23  Next