It is currently Sun May 27, 2018 5:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: Eastern Conference Finals
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:27 pm 

Man Kempney is such a cheap prick. Fucking bush league shithead hockey player right there. Dumbass Caps.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2018 10:37 pm 

Roenick has been ripping us all night and it is totally deserved, though Vasilevsky has been way sturdier. Way to let a beaten foe right back into a series.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 12:31 am 

So much stick work in this game-- at least 80% of it was Caps. Not a good strategy when you're up 2 games to none. I know history says the Caps have about an 85% chance of winning the series, but impossible to rule it out after tonight. Game 4 is giant.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 7:03 am 

Replaying scoring plays from last night....is there any goalie that has an answer for high glove?

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:03 am 

be great to see the caps choke this series away..their fans were really believing this their year..maybe tampa has their number now.. holtby returns to normal...
amazing the road records in this years eastern conference playoffs.. west too for that matter.
..home ice advantage is a disadvantage.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 10:25 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Replaying scoring plays from last night....is there any goalie that has an answer for high glove?

No goalie on earth is stopping that Stamkos goal. That shot was absolutely perfect.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 11:47 am 

Pabst wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

No goalie on earth is stopping that Stamkos goal. That shot was absolutely perfect.

Yup- impossible to stop. The best way to stop it is to not let it get to him...way easier said than done

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:31 pm 

Point is though, with all the criticism of Murray giving up High Glove....isn't just about every goalie vulnerable there.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2018 8:43 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Point is though, with all the criticism of Murray giving up High Glove....isn't just about every goalie vulnerable there.

Absolutely, which is something I tried to convey a few times, particularly in the latter games.

That said, Murray's glove hand is still pretty bad. He's just not quite as culpable for as many goals that have gone in that way as many think.

And honestly, what bothers me even more than the ones that do go in, is how many of hit his glove and bounce right back out. You'll certainly see other goalies letting in glove hand goals. But you won't see too many of them letting anywhere near as many pucks out of their gloves once it hits it. That's just as troubling as the ones he lets, in to me.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 7:46 am 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Absolutely, which is something I tried to convey a few times, particularly in the latter games.

That said, Murray's glove hand is still pretty bad. He's just not quite as culpable for as many goals that have gone in that way as many think.

And honestly, what bothers me even more than the ones that do go in, is how many of hit his glove and bounce right back out. You'll certainly see other goalies letting in glove hand goals. But you won't see too many of them letting anywhere near as many pucks out of their gloves once it hits it. That's just as troubling as the ones he lets, in to me.

I follow a goalie instructor on FB and he says the puck bouncing in and out of the glove is a trend he is seeing and it drives him up the wall.

Says players will use the excuse: it's a new glove, it isn't broken in yet

His response: then break that vital piece of equipment in. Run it over with a goddam car!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 104 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next