It is currently Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pens vs Caps Game 3 game comments
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:01 pm 

Broken jaw and concussion for ZAR.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:02 pm 

I mean how can they not suspend Wilson? That doesn’t happen unless it’s a shot to the face/head.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:06 pm 

chuck noll would call Wilson the criminal element in game if he was alive to see that shit.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:09 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Pens win next three games. Book it.

What gives you any confidence in that given our shit goaltending and generally shit play. We really should be down 3-0.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:14 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
I mean how can they not suspend Wilson? That doesn’t happen unless it’s a shot to the face/head.

Of the three big post-season hits Wilson has lid, the shot on Wennberg was still actually the worst, even though he didn’t get a broken jaw.

They didn’t suspend him for that...what makes you think they suspend him for this?

I take my cues from the studio crew. The studio crew went out of their way to lay down covering fire for a non-suspension. “Oh...we looked at all the replay angles...it’s just SO hard to tell if the primary contact point was the head”.

ONLY thing that might make a suspension happen is we lost, so maybe they want to try and even the odds and make it a close series.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:17 pm 

They can’t let a broken jaw and concussion go. ZAR’s season is likely over. I’m confident they will suspend; maybe even 2 games.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:18 pm 

Not into x's and o's like some hockey experts on this site, but I've seen enough hockey to know a few things:

1. If this team doesn't start getting consistent goal scoring from people not named Sid/Jake/Patrick it's over. Why? They have been the movers and shakers against the Flyers and the Caps so far. Without them were down 3-0 right now. At some point others must fill the net so the defense doesn't have to pinch/force offense so much. Pinching and turnovers in the offensive end have led to odd-man breaks that have given the Caps many goals this series, including the game winner tonight. Maata was in an awkward position but directed the puck right to the Caps who took it the other way.

2. Sully needs to direct the team to get the puck out of it's defensive end first and foremost. Oleksiak's giveaway led to Washington's 2nd goal tonight. Washington almost got the game tying 3rd goal late in game #1 because of a bad clearing attempt. Get it out and get it away from Murray so he has less rubber to face.

I don't blame JR for getting Brassard. I liked the deal -- I think most did. Cole was going to leave for FA after this season and nobody wanted Huntwick. JR thought he'd create match up issues for other team's 3rd lines and create offense to compensate for the defense. Brassard has some skills but he needs to either score or assist others in scoring.

Well, now we'll see if the Pens are ready to give up the Cup. If they were getting outplayed and down 3-0 I'd think they might.
Frankly, I don't think they will give up without a fight -- they've grown to hate the Caps, and my guess is that even if they don't win a 3rd Cup they'd at least want to humiliate those goons again. I'm calling my shot -- Pens in 6!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:19 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
They can’t let a broken jaw and concussion go. ZAR’s season is likely over. I’m confident they will suspend; maybe even 2 games.

We’ll see.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:19 pm 

JJT wrote:
Obviously wrote:

What gives you any confidence in that given our shit goaltending and generally shit play. We really should be down 3-0.

Given your track record, the fact that you decided to come in here and give your customary time of death post all but guarantees the Pens are going to win it.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:21 pm 

JJT wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Oh the Pens are down in a series and here comes fuckin JTT again. Are they fucked this time JTT? Is that the series right there? Grow a pair, buddy

Pens in 7. Some of you better stock up on Midol for the ride.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:23 pm 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
JJT wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Oh the Pens are down in a series and here comes fuckin JTT again. Are they fucked this time JTT? Is that the series right there? Grow a pair, buddy

You.....I like you.

Good to see someone else have some stones and ready to ride with this team.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:27 pm 

At this point, I’m just hoping Tom Wilson is jailed by the PPD...guy is living exercment. I am rooting so hard for a career injury to that asshole. It would be defensive to get this guy out of the league since the NHL clearly lacks the balls.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:29 pm 

Y-Town Steel wrote:
JJT wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Lol at that picture.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:31 pm 

I just asked a question. Stating we are going to win 3 in a row after us being outplayed for 3 straight games seems odd. And now down 2-1.

That's all. I got down on the team last year in error. Maybe I am doing it again, I guess we will see in a few days.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:42 pm 

All good JTT. I'm just bustin balls.

This team has been in deeper looking holes than this the past couple seasons and has found a way. BELIEVE!!

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:43 pm 

Mario was right when he called the NHL a "Garage League" 25 years ago.
Barry Trotz was told what Sully said about the goon stuff two games in a row. Trotz said he didn't care.
Trotz was told ZAR had sustained a concussion and broken jaw requiring surgery. Trotz said he wasn't on the Pen's medical staff.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2018 11:49 pm 

Maybe someone should two hand Trotz across his fat fucking face.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 12:39 am 

Watching a replay of the final goal, Wilson gets Maata with a bit of a slew foot, but really a mind numblingly stupid pass to the middle of the ice by Maata.

That shit cannot be happening this deep into the playoffs against a team like WAS. Maata Oleksiak and Dumo were really bad with the turnovers tonight. Dumo played pretty well defensively but these guys just kept coughing the puck up leading mainly to odd man rushes.

Here is what needs to happen IMO:

1. Sullivan should seriously consider starting DeSmith. Murray’s head is a mess.

2. I think move Brassard with Kessel. They are both struggling but Kessel with Sheehan right now is resulting in fuck all. If Sheehan would have kept his feel moving on that 3rd period chance he would have had a tap in. Lots of guys on this team look tired and slow.

3. If the above won’t work because Kessel is actually quite hurt, sit him and put in Sprong.

4. This team isn’t built to win 3 straight, so Thursday’s game is a must win. A lot of guys on this team need to pick up their end of the slack.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 1:21 am 

Lastly, I think the stat line shows three shots in the 3rd period. With the lead.

That is losing hockey top to bottom, whether it’s in the a beer league or the Stanley Cup Playoffs. Pens continue to play shit hockey with the lead.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 2:36 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
Watching a replay of the final goal, Wilson gets Maata with a bit of a slew foot, but really a mind numblingly stupid pass to the middle of the ice by Maata.

That shit cannot be happening this deep into the playoffs against a team like WAS. Maata Oleksiak and Dumo were really bad with the turnovers tonight. Dumo played pretty well defensively but these guys just kept coughing the puck up leading mainly to odd man rushes.

Here is what needs to happen IMO:

1. Sullivan should seriously consider starting DeSmith. Murray’s head is a mess.

2. I think move Brassard with Kessel. They are both struggling but Kessel with Sheehan right now is resulting in fuck all. If Sheehan would have kept his feel moving on that 3rd period chance he would have had a tap in. Lots of guys on this team look tired and slow.

3. If the above won’t work because Kessel is actually quite hurt, sit him and put in Sprong.

4. This team isn’t built to win 3 straight, so Thursday’s game is a must win. A lot of guys on this team need to pick up their end of the slack.

Which goal was bad? The PP one timer deflected by Rust? The one timer in the middle of the slot? The Ovie 2-1 breakaway?

I think the sole goal you can complain about is the Niskanen shot where Murray got a piece of it even though puck is going wide. Even then, the puck takes a crazy bounce.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 6:30 am 

...was different re: home ice, but last year, Pens were facing 2-1 deficit to Ottawa, with must win in Game 4....and WON.

Pens win tomorrow night and series is then a best of three, with Pens having proven they can win on the road.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:10 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
...was different re: home ice, but last year, Pens were facing 2-1 deficit to Ottawa, with must win in Game 4....and WON.

Pens win tomorrow night and series is then a best of three, with Pens having proven they can win on the road.

Yeah, I think they have to win tomorrow night. Really hard to see them winning 3 in a row as somebody pointed out. But this isn't Ottowa, they dug themselves a deep hole here.

Just odd to me that one of the best home teams in the regular has been terrible in the playoffs. What are we like 1-3 at home?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 7:54 am 

JJT wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Yeah, I think they have to win tomorrow night. Really hard to see them winning 3 in a row as somebody pointed out. But this isn't Ottowa, they dug themselves a deep hole here.

Just odd to me that one of the best home teams in the regular has been terrible in the playoffs. What are we like 1-3 at home?

Total reversal of regular season fortune.

In the regular season we were excellent at home and shit on the road.

Exact opposite in post-season so far.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:18 am 

JJT wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Oh I don't know. Back to back Stanley Cups. Confidence in my team's ability. Also, I'm not a bedwetter pussy who only posts when the chips are down.

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2018 8:49 am 

Obviously wrote:
JJT wrote:
Obviously wrote:

Oh I don't know. Back to back Stanley Cups. Confidence in my team's ability. Also, I'm not a bedwetter pussy who only posts when the chips are down.

I have every confidence as well.

But they have to start playing like the team that won back-to-back Stanley Cup championships.

They’re not doing that. Far from it.

Make the other teams fight to get that Cup away from you...don’t surrender it meekly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 243 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next