It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:01 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:14 am
Posts: 2350
Location: Houston, TX
VeritasSteel wrote:
I saw a Seattle mock that had us trading with the Seahawks in order to get Evans because the Steelers feel (according to them) that he won't last until 28.

As to who the pick will be- whoever is the most likely day one starter at either the S or the ILB.


I severely doubt that. They have their TVS guys now, so they don't have to go with an untrusted rookie. Not on day one.

_________________
R S wrote:
I'm sure she still wakes up in cold sweats and night terrors of Peyton's wrinkly ball sack pitter-pattering on her forehead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15792
I'd say there's a decent chance Rashaan Evans isn't even healthy enough to start day one.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:51 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1557
bradshaw2ben wrote:
MOST LIKELY:
Pro Day dinner (Colbert tried to attend LVE dinner/pro day but couldn't because of weather), expected to be drafted before 2.60, position of need.

LB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise State
RB Darius Guice, LSU
S Jesse Bates, Wake Forest
LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama
S Ronnie Harrison, Alabama

QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville
QB Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
WR James Washington, Oklahoma State
TE Mike Gesicki, Penn State
EDGE Sam Hubbard, Ohio State
CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State
NT Da’Ron Payne, Alabama

A REAL POSSIBILITY:
Attended pro day. May have had unreported dinner. Either a need fit or expected 1st/early 2nd rounder.

LB/EDGE Lorenzo Carter, Georgia
RB Sony Michel, Georgia
LB Arden Key, LSU
CB Donte Jackson, LSU

C Billy Price, Ohio State
CB Jaire Alexander, Louisville
RB Nick Chubb, Georgia
CB Tony Brown, Alabama

UNLIKELY BUT CAN'T BE RULED OUT:
Attended pro day or (Reid) came out to say not attending pro day was not a sign to read into. Either not a position of need or not expected to be drafted before 2.60.

DL Tim Settle, Virginia Tech
C J.C. Hassenauer, Alabama
S Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech
S Justin Reid, Stanford

EDGE Duke Ejiofor, Wake Forest
WR Marcel Ateman, Oklahoma State
S Marcus Allen, Penn State
LB Jerome Baker, Ohio State
S Tre Flowers, Oklahoma State

Given the trends re: pre-draft visits, I'd bank on the pick being one of the bolded......now watch me be dead wrong.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:36 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6428
Pabst wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
MOST LIKELY:
Pro Day dinner (Colbert tried to attend LVE dinner/pro day but couldn't because of weather), expected to be drafted before 2.60, position of need.

LB Leighton Vander Esch, Boise State
RB Darius Guice, LSU
S Jesse Bates, Wake Forest
LB Rashaan Evans, Alabama
S Ronnie Harrison, Alabama

QB Lamar Jackson, Louisville
QB Mason Rudolph, Oklahoma State
WR James Washington, Oklahoma State
TE Mike Gesicki, Penn State
EDGE Sam Hubbard, Ohio State
CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State
NT Da’Ron Payne, Alabama

A REAL POSSIBILITY:
Attended pro day. May have had unreported dinner. Either a need fit or expected 1st/early 2nd rounder.

LB/EDGE Lorenzo Carter, Georgia
RB Sony Michel, Georgia
LB Arden Key, LSU
CB Donte Jackson, LSU

C Billy Price, Ohio State
CB Jaire Alexander, Louisville
RB Nick Chubb, Georgia
CB Tony Brown, Alabama

UNLIKELY BUT CAN'T BE RULED OUT:
Attended pro day or (Reid) came out to say not attending pro day was not a sign to read into. Either not a position of need or not expected to be drafted before 2.60.

DL Tim Settle, Virginia Tech
C J.C. Hassenauer, Alabama
S Tremaine Edmunds, Virginia Tech
S Justin Reid, Stanford

EDGE Duke Ejiofor, Wake Forest
WR Marcel Ateman, Oklahoma State
S Marcus Allen, Penn State
LB Jerome Baker, Ohio State
S Tre Flowers, Oklahoma State

Given the trends re: pre-draft visits, I'd bank on the pick being one of the bolded......now watch me be dead wrong.


Denzel Ward should not be bolded unless you see us moving WAY up to get him

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:58 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:13 pm
Posts: 1557
BarryFoster wrote:
Denzel Ward should not be bolded unless you see us moving WAY up to get him

True. I was going off of position only.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:00 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15792
That first tier are all guys who would have to fall. And Ward might not go as high as advertised, anyway.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:16 pm
Posts: 6428
bradshaw2ben wrote:
That first tier are all guys who would have to fall. And Ward might not go as high as advertised, anyway.


And where do you see Ward going

_________________
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GflYTviOIag


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:34 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 15792
BarryFoster wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
That first tier are all guys who would have to fall. And Ward might not go as high as advertised, anyway.


And where do you see Ward going

probably 9 or 10, but with all the QBs and a supposed surprise pick for Oakland... could go 15 or 16.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:57 pm
Posts: 2984
bradshaw2ben wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
That first tier are all guys who would have to fall. And Ward might not go as high as advertised, anyway.


And where do you see Ward going

probably 9 or 10, but with all the QBs and a supposed surprise pick for Oakland... could go 15 or 16.


If the Colts do not trade back again I would guess Ward goes at 6.

_________________
"Golf and sex are about the only things you can enjoy without being good at." - Jimmy Demaret


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Okay, So We Can Narrow Down The 1st Round Pick
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 6:13 pm
Posts: 3656
Surprised not to see Malik Jefferson on there. He checks a lot of boxes that they normally like. Definitely think he’s an option at 28.

_________________
SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
Dad showed up after work and according to her the entire hospital hears my dad yell you are not naming our son Hoss.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Almighty Slacker, Google [Bot] and 13 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group