It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Harrison Retires
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 7:40 am 

Quote:
jhharrison92
I've missed way too much for way too long...and I'm done.
Many thanks to my family, coaches, the fans, and everyone who played a role in my football life. https://www.instagram.com/p/BhoRWoKn4Il/
Congratulations! Awesome career. Perhaps you may consider becoming a coach and/or trainer? Thanks for all your contributions in the Black and Gold. Good Luck.

Post subject: Re: Harrison Retires
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:17 am 

Shouldn’t this be on the “Around the NFL Board”? Or did you misspell Patriotsfury in the browser? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:09 am 

Over/under on the number of posts before someone turns this into a "Tomlin sucks" thread?

8-)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:19 am 

Thx for all you've done or the Black & Gold. You were one Heck of a Player and made one of the greatest plays in SB History. JH carried on the role of GL when his career was over. Loved watching #92 Punk the Ravens and just intimidate players and teams from the start of a game to the end.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:21 am 

Legend.

So what if he went to the Pats? Management put him in a shitty spot and he wanted another ring. I can't blame him.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:22 am 

"Big Game James"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:00 am 

People with kids understand the toll being away from them takes on you - especially when they're young. I respect that he walked away while they're still home and he can be more than a part time dad as they grow up. I'll always remember being deployed and the room erupting when he ran back his 100-yard INT for a TD in SB XLIII.

Thanks for the memories, Deebo.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:20 am 

Jeemie wrote:
Over/under on the number of posts before someone turns this into a "Tomlin sucks" thread?

8-)

Tomlin chose grudge over team.......
Add my post to the over.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:28 am 

Jeemie wrote:

8-)

He's never had a losing season, you know.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:30 am 

One of my all-time favorite Steelers. My favorite Steeler during the Tomlin era. Thank you for everything, James. Especially Super Bowl XLIII.

https://youtu.be/RqnQwKAI4OE

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:31 am 

StillerInCT wrote:
Legend.

So what if he went to the Pats? Management put him in a shitty spot and he wanted another ring. I can't blame him.

I don't blame him in the slightest.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:34 am 

James’ legacy is and will forever be as a Steeler. Another reason why I am still celebrating the Pats super bowl fail; years from now nobody will even remember James’ jumped ship to join the evil empire for a month.

He’s a legend. The last of a dying breed.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 11:53 am 

"Harrison Retires"

And was immediately fined $50,000 by Roger Goodell for excessive celebration in his tweet.

Legend. HOF material but it will be an uphill climb.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:10 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
James’ legacy is and will forever be as a Steeler. Another reason why I am still celebrating the Pats super bowl fail; years from now nobody will even remember James’ jumped ship to join the evil empire for a month.

I agree with almost all of this. The only part I disagree with is that some people (a few posters on here in particular) will never forget or forgive him leaving town for the Pats. I couldn’t care less. He is a legend and one of my all time favorite players.

Last edited by Steel Ubaldo on Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:25 pm 

Steel Ubaldo wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

I agree with almost all of this. The only part I disagree with is that some people (a few posters on here in particular) will never forget him leaving town for the Pats. I couldn’t care less. He is a legend and one of my all time favorite players.

James Harrison is one of the greatest if not the greatest Steeler of the current era. Franco Harris ended his career in Seattle & there's a statue for him. Franco & James had the 2 greatest plays in Steeler history. I would put up a statue for Harrison, too.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:34 pm 

Steel Ubaldo wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

I agree with almost all of this. The only part I disagree with is that some people (a few posters on here in particular) will never forget or forgive him leaving town for the Pats. I couldn’t care less. He is a legend and one of my all time favorite players.

A few idiots shouldn't spoil the bunch.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:34 pm 

I don't particularly care about him going to the Pats. Dude needed a job, they offered him a job. Simple as that, as far as I'm concerned.

I have more an issue with the juvenile way he handled not playing, than anything else.

That doesn't mean I hate him or don't appreciate what he's done for us. One of my all time favorite players, for sure. Just wish it ended a little more cleanly. Frankly, I wish he would have just stayed retired the first time so the ugliness would have never happened in the first place.

But oh well. The 100 yard INT return will continue to remain my favorite play in Steelers history.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:37 pm 

Great player, Great Steeler... Happy he sees the writing on the wall... On with the future.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:19 pm 

James Harrison is a Hall of Famer, imo. I appreciate the tremendous career Deebo had as a Pittsburgh Steeler. He did a few stupid things off the field. But I don't have a problem with what he did last season. He wanted to play, he was told he would play and he did not play. He got cut and went to the enemy. Other great players have joined other teams in their final years. Franco Harris, Joe Montana, Jerry Rice.

Deebo is no angel. But he is easily better than Bud Dupree even at the age of 40. James Harrison is one of best defensive players ever for the Steelers, and the greatest pass rusher.

Last edited by Stallworth16 on Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:20 pm 

If James' career was a 15 year Pappy Van Winkle- that last few months was the pea turd in the single ice cube. Great career but he soiled it for what amounted to nothing over some pride stuff.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 1:45 pm 

Louis Lipps Service wrote:
I don't particularly care about him going to the Pats. Dude needed a job, they offered him a job. Simple as that, as far as I'm concerned.

I have more an issue with the juvenile way he handled not playing, than anything else.

That doesn't mean I hate him or don't appreciate what he's done for us. One of my all time favorite players, for sure. Just wish it ended a little more cleanly. Frankly, I wish he would have just stayed retired the first time so the ugliness would have never happened in the first place.

But oh well. The 100 yard INT return will continue to remain my favorite play in Steelers history.

^^^ THIS^^^

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 2:05 pm 

Jeemie wrote:

8-)

I guess it was three

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:32 pm 

I hope it’s not too late for me to post “Tomlin sucks.”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:39 pm 

Great player. Great Steeler. I didn't think that either side handled the end well. Happy he didn't get a ring with the cheats.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 3:40 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
I hope it’s not too late for me to post “Tomlin sucks.”
You came in just under the wire.

You can still apply for waivers, but there are fees.