It is currently Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Ryan Reaves
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:05 pm 

2/23/18: Ryan Reaves is a healthy scratch.

In my original posts in this great Ryan Reaves thread, I emphasized the importance of keeping a team identity of 4 scoring lines. Here's a tid bit of that.
Quote:
4th line scoring isn't important? Oh, you mean it is for the Penguins? It's their identity? Tom Kuhnackl 7 points in 36 playoff games the last two years. Cullen 15 points in 49 playoff games the last two years. "Cullen took some penalty killing minutes and was able to go up and down the lineup! Unfair!" A diverse, versatile player as a 4th liner who isn't glued to 1 position?!?! Crazy, right?

To begin another thread, retard steel posted an "awesome article" from Mark Madden. Here's some quotes from that.

Quote:
But Ryan Reaves isn't a goon. He's a big body who's good with his knuckles but also a decent skater who can play hockey just well enough.

It mostly doesn't matter who the fourth-line right wing is, especially on a star-laden team where the top guys get mega-minutes.

Tonight, after the trade (in principal) was announced for Brassard. Jason Mackey was on Mark's show. Mackey said there was no place in the Penguins lineup for Reaves and that he could become a trade target for a team out west.

Mark Madden responded

Quote:
With how much offense this team has on each line now, there's no need for a guy like Reaves.

Oh.

I'm glad the Pittsburgh media finally caught up to my thinking.

How many years will it take the retard?

*UPDATE!*

Jimmy Murphy

Verified account

@MurphysLaw74
1h1 hour ago
More
Source telling me that F #RyanReaves will head to Vegas as part of #DerekBrassard deal if and when #VegasBorn #Pens & #Sens iron it out.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
:x :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :x :x :x :x :x :| :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

HERES YOUR SUPER, DUPER RETARD STEEL QUOTE OF THE DAY!!! A spiritual classic!

Quote:
u know a lot about giving blow jobs, but you don't know dick about hockey, you fucking douchebag

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:03 pm 

Bow to your god.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:41 am 

glad to see hacksaw will keep my thread alive into perpetuity -- I would like to see this thread reach at least 30 pages and 10,000 views in the next 12 months

Hacksaw-- i'm sure you can do it!

I'll stay here and trigger you every once in awhile to keep it going!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:57 am 

i liked reaves..ill miss this ass kicking machine..

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:04 am 

steel wrote:
glad to see hacksaw will keep my thread alive into perpetuity -- I would like to see this thread reach at least 30 pages and 10,000 views in the next 12 months

Hacksaw-- i'm sure you can do it!

I'll stay here and trigger you every once in awhile to keep it going!

A monument to your retardation! I will keep it going for you!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 3:07 am 

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=91233

Quote:
Jim Rutherford had a pretty crappy summer in 2017. Trading for Ryan Reaves, signing Matt Hunwick to a three-year extension, and not doing much for center depth made for a long offseason. That doesn't even account for the players that they had to walk away from (rightly so).

Well, that is just a distant memory right now. Jim Rutherford and his staff have done a great job at amending those mistakes. The Pittsburgh Penguins not only rid themselves of one of their summer errors, but totally revamped their center position which hasn't been this good since Jordan Staal left back in 2012. The Penguins now have Derick Brassard

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:41 pm 

Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrote:

HERES YOUR SUPER, DUPER RETARD STEEL QUOTE OF THE DAY!!! A spiritual classic!

Quote:
u know a lot about giving blow jobs, but you don't know dick about hockey, you fucking douchebag

hahahahahaha -- WHAT AN AWESOME QUOTE!!!

I love how you go back into my archives and find all these past zingers I hurled at you --

i love my style, so thanks for finding these awesome nuggets and re-posting them -- and thank you for continuing to be my archivist.... KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!!

maybe some day your skills as an archivist will become as great as your skills as a blow job expert!!!

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 2:10 am 

It's good to see Reaves having success with the Knights in the western conf finals -- It's too bad Sully couldn't figure out how to use him - he would've helped against the Craps

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/peng ... 1805170166

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:24 pm 

He works better in the West, but "better" isn't really saying much.

He's being used the same, either a healthy scratch or 5-7 minutes a night.

Was cool to see him get a timely goal to at the end of the WCF, but he simply is what he is. He doesn't score and his role as an agitator isn't a requirement to win in the league. He's a 7 minute a night 4th liner who only works in one conference. He has three playoff points in 44 games. That's not what the Penguins are. Then again, what Kuhnackl and Rowney do isn't what the Penguins are either, but they weren't traded for a 1st round pick.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:41 am 

I like how Reaves' physical presence has really knocked the Capitals off their game...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:17 pm 

Ryan Reaves scratched. Wouldn't that be a fitting end to this thread? Ryan Reaves in the press box for the last game of the season.

:lol:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:27 pm 

2017-18 Season

Quote:
Rutherford had a terrible offseason. For whatever reason, he decided to neglect two of the things that made the team special: scoring and center depth.

-- HACKSAW
Quote:
4th line scoring isn't important? Oh, you mean it is for the Penguins? It's their identity? Tom Kuhnackl 7 points in 36 playoff games the last two years. Cullen 15 points in 49 playoff games the last two years. "Cullen took some penalty killing minutes and was able to go up and down the lineup! Unfair!" A diverse, versatile player as a 4th liner who isn't glued to 1 position?!?! Crazy, right?

--HACKSAW
Quote:
Jim Rutherford had a pretty crappy summer in 2017. Trading for Ryan Reaves, signing Matt Hunwick to a three-year extension, and not doing much for center depth made for a long offseason. That doesn't even account for the players that they had to walk away from (rightly so).
Well, that is just a distant memory right now. Jim Rutherford and his staff have done a great job at amending those mistakes. The Pittsburgh Penguins not only rid themselves of one of their summer errors, but totally revamped their center position which hasn't been this good since Jordan Staal left back in 2012. The Penguins now have Derick Brassard

--RANDOM ARTICLE ONLINE

By the way, it sure would have been nice for the Penguins to have some sort of...I don't know..secondary scoring these playoffs.
-----------------------------------------------

Present day
May 21, 2018

By Jason Mackey

Quote:
As the Penguins face a longer offseason than they’ve grown accustomed to, a pair of needs have bubbled to the surface for general manager Jim Rutherford.

They include getting more balanced production from all four lines and adding a defenseman — ideally right-handed — to bolster their third pairing.

Quote:
“I think we will probably look at getting a little more balance throughout the whole lineup,” Rutherford said. “We want to make sure we have the four lines that can produce. We may be able to do that from within, depending on how it gets structured.”

Quote:
“Our fourth line, maybe until the last few games of the playoffs, we could never totally get comfortable with it,” Rutherford said. “We couldn’t get a fourth line that could create enough.”

oh my goooooddddddddddd. nooooooooooooo wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. whooooooooo couldddddd haveeeeee knoowwwnnnn????

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 162 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7