It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Reuben Foster to the Can
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 11:19 am 

https://www.ninersnation.com/2018/2/11/17002740/reuben-foster-arrest-domestic-violence-police-statement

Post subject: Re: Reuben Foster to the Can
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 pm 

Tragic. They confiscated his assault rifle. You can forget about having them in this shit state.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:04 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Tragic. They confiscated his assault rifle. You can forget about having them in this shit state.
and if convicted (felony) he can never own any gun again.. I have no issues with this.. And yes it is a shit state.. I get the weather, beaches, 30 minutes to skiing etc.. but who could put up with the taxes, high energy bills and all the other bs is beyond me..

I am just an old farm boy from Potter county.. what do I know..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:01 pm 

It's not 30 minutes to skiing unless you live in Tahoe, and the water is so cold that you'd have to be out of your mind to go to the beach without a full warm suit.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:15 pm 

Well Tundralag at least not legally right away he couldn't own one if convicted of domestic violence. Depending on the severity of the crime a misdemeanor would not make him ineligible for a firearm. I believe he would have to wait 10 years to legally possess a firearm here. I don't believe the weapon confiscated was used during the alleged crime. I think it was found in his premises and confiscated because that's what police do. Remove guns so no one gets shot. B2B is correct. 30 minutes is stretching the truth a bit. Unless you own a helicopter or small plane. California coast is at least 3-4 hours away from the slopes depending on traffic conditions.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:45 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:

Too bad Florida is not also a shit state, eh?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:06 pm 

Tundralag wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
and if convicted (felony) he can never own any gun again.. I have no issues with this.. And yes it is a shit state.. I get the weather, beaches, 30 minutes to skiing etc.. but who could put up with the taxes, high energy bills and all the other bs is beyond me..

Like everything else, it's a cost = benefit subjective judgement. For some, the advantages Cali gives are worth the "high taxes and high energy bills."

Just like you sacrifice things because you like living in the boonies.

Not a qualifying statement at all. There is something to be said for country living. Different strokes for different folks.

And by the way, you're about 2.5 hours from water, yes?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:22 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Too bad Florida is not also a shit state, eh?

Oh, snap.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:24 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Tundralag wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

Like everything else, it's a cost = benefit subjective judgement. For some, the advantages Cali gives are worth the "high taxes and high energy bills."

Just like you sacrifice things because you like living in the boonies.

Not a qualifying statement at all. There is something to be said for country living. Different strokes for different folks.

And by the way, you're about 2.5 hours from water, yes?

From time to time people criticize California on here, but sometimes I wonder if California isn't also providing more opportunities than other states, enough to make the higher taxes worth it. For some at least.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:23 pm 

California provides wonderful opportunities for those that don’t work, are here illegally, are here illegally and have committed serious crimes, as well as now giving non-citizens the right to vote.

Opportunity is right. It’s becoming Mecca for so many.

Here is a fun fact, CA taxpayers have the “privilege” of providing funding for 34% of the nations welfare recipients while the state only accounts for 12% of the country’s total population.

Those numbers are a few years old but I highly doubt they’ve changed much. If anything, the welfare totals have gone up.

Was this the opportunity for which you speak?

Last edited by 955876 on Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.