It is currently Tue Aug 21, 2018 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: NFL fans on refs last night
PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:35 am 

BarryFoster wrote:
https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/201081-ron-torbert-the-head-ref-in-the-titans-vs-pats-game/

That’s a good one....

wow..thats bullshit..that should be illegal for any ref..this bias shit needs investigated.. wwe doesn't say their shits real. they say its entertainment. we exspect sports to be honest results from athletic competition..not cheating and shadiness. maybe fans need to picket the pats games or players knell for this shit!!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:00 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
https://www.twobillsdrive.com/community/topic/201081-ron-torbert-the-head-ref-in-the-titans-vs-pats-game/

That’s a good one....

Wow....that's bad. Like really bad. I'm not big on conspiracy theories but this type of conflict of interest should be avoided at all costs. No way in hell he should be allowed to ref Patriots games.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:05 pm 

StillerInCT wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

That’s a good one....

Wow....that's bad. Like really bad. I'm not big on conspiracy theories but this type of conflict of interest should be avoided at all costs. No way in hell he should be allowed to ref Patriots games.

Why is attention not brought to this? I honestly can’t take this shit anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:09 pm 

Now that I’ve finally seen the plays in question, the only thing that sticks out as suspicious is the extra long final second.

Sorry, but the neutral zone infraction on the punt, as oddly as it was called, was the correct call. The defense jumped first, then the guard moved. Only thing is whether the long snapper’s head bob could have been called...but head bobs don’t seem to be called.

And Decker most definitely pushed off on the OPI.

I hate the Patriots, and I know they get calls, but these calls were nowhere near as controversial as you all were making them out to be last night.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:17 pm 

So you've seen that happen?

When a ref calls a false start only to reverse it a considerable (relative) time later and give a first down? Without advantage of replay? What changed his mind? I also think they moved simultaneously but won't argue who moved first, not worth going back to look at play.

OPI: Decker was on LOS. I'm unclear of rule, Romo was pretty clear it's not a penalty...I grant that he could be wrong.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:25 pm 

Miter Saw wrote:
So you've seen that happen?

When a ref calls a false start only to reverse it a considerable (relative) time later and give a first down? Without advantage of replay? What changed his mind? I also think they moved simultaneously but won't argue who moved first, not worth going back to look at play.

OPI: Decker was on LOS. I'm unclear of rule, Romo was pretty clear it's not a penalty...I grant that he could be wrong.

I’ve never seen it happen before but that doesn’t mean it wasn’t the right thing to do. Torbert is right that the guy who called it a false start was nowhere near in the proper position to do so....he was way behind the play.

And I don’t think being on the LOS means you are allowed to push off to gain separation.

In any event, nothing I saw last night leads me to suspect a huge conspiracy or a “surgical officiating strike” to hand the game to New England.

"That Super Bowl was not won yesterday. It was won in a small room in Philadelphia, two weeks ago."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:33 pm 

The way the game was officiated made the titans play hesitant. Pats took advantage. Gronk pushes off on almost every play, and plays weren't called consistently on both teams. This is not news. It's an easy way to hamstring the opponent.

Remember when the steelers were constantly called for unnecessary roughness or hits to the head? The defense folded for fear of getting penalized again. It castrated them. The Tits folded because they had no calls going their way.

I also don't agree the neutral zone infraction was the correct call. Even if they both jerked, the defense is allowed to. What about the illegal formation? Or the facemask not called? All those add up to an emotional edge and momentum to the Pats.

At the same time, Lebeau made the same mistakes, and Mularky didn't play to win, but played safe. They simply gave up either because of the inconsistent officiating or because they thought they didn't stand a chance to win after the first half debacle.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:54 pm 

Belichick's attention to detail though....

https://nesn.com/2018/01/how-patriots-o ... t-penalty/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:01 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:

The defender only entered the neutral zone after the guard moved the second time. After the center's head bob. At least that's what it looked like to me, but I ain't no expert.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:39 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

The defender only entered the neutral zone after the guard moved the second time. After the center's head bob. At least that's what it looked like to me, but I ain't no expert.

I need clarification on the center’s head bob- that was the only part that looked suspicious to me.

But head bobs on the O-line like that have been going on for years and are never called on any team...not sure why not. I mean, the center’s head bobbed up exactly like it would if he had snapped the ball and was now looking up to see who to block. It shouldn’t be legal, but apparently it is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next