It is currently Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Frank Lloyd Wright design demolished
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:23 pm 

It was one of his last designs before he passed away. Started out as a medical center and ended up being a bank.
The design was situated in Whitefish Montana and stood from 1958 until yesterday when a developer knocked it to the ground. Taliesin Associated Architects finished the build after Wrights death.
Sadly, I never got to visit the place thinking I'll get there when I visit Montana in the future.
Ballsy move by the developer Mick Ruiz who is now facing a lot of abuse from FLLW fans all over the world.

The guy is all about money but he probably didn't realize that if he saved the bricks to the building he could have sold them to FLLW fans and made a nice little bundle of money.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... in-montana

Post subject: Re: Frank Lloyd Wright design demolished
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:14 am 

fractalsteel wrote:
It was one of his last designs before he passed away. Started out as a medical center and ended up being a bank.
The design was situated in Whitefish Montana and stood from 1958 until yesterday when a developer knocked it to the ground. Taliesin Associated Architects finished the build after Wrights death.
Sadly, I never got to visit the place thinking I'll get there when I visit Montana in the future.
Ballsy move by the developer Mick Ruiz who is now facing a lot of abuse from FLLW fans all over the world.

The guy is all about money but he probably didn't realize that if he saved the bricks to the building he could have sold them to FLLW fans and made a nice little bundle of money.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... in-montana

I'm not sure I'd have bought a brick from the FLlW building some jerk knocked over, just out of principal, but I'm a stubborn sumbitch.