It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reg. Season # 10: Steelers @ Colts Game COmments
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:43 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
This game this week was supposed to be the one the Steelers came to and dominated, right? Well they just about came undone and lost to another inferior shitty team. Why are these games so painful to watch? Why can't we have an enjoyable game where the team on the other side is completely mopped up by the end? What is it with this Steelers team they continually show up to unimpress and disappoint? I know..., the other guys get paid as well. I know..., any given Sunday. (Cliches)

I'll take the win as it was barely by a play or two going either team's way. The last pass play to Rogers should not have been a first down and I thought Pagano was certainly going to win the challenge. To my surprise he was jobbed by the officiating crew. IMO, These Steelers as they are now aren't really deserving of their #1 AFC team billing and I expect they'll see some serious adjustments from teams as the season unfolds. Hope they get better down the stretch. This game today was very ugly. /rant

Jobbed? You mean like the turnover we didn't get?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:44 pm 

Lets not forget JuJu's contributions.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:45 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
This game this week was supposed to be the one the Steelers came to and dominated, right? Well they just about came undone and lost to another inferior shitty team. Why are these games so painful to watch? Why can't we have an enjoyable game where the team on the other side is completely mopped up by the end? What is it with this Steelers team they continually show up to unimpress and disappoint? I know..., the other guys get paid as well. I know..., any given Sunday. (Cliches)

I'll take the win as it was barely by a play or two going either team's way. The last pass play to Rogers should not have been a first down and I thought Pagano was certainly going to win the challenge. To my surprise he was jobbed by the officiating crew. IMO, These Steelers as they are now aren't really deserving of their #1 AFC team billing and I expect they'll see some serious adjustments from teams as the season unfolds. Hope they get better down the stretch. This game today was very ugly. /rant

Makeup call for the earlier fumble? :o

Seriously, I didn't see enough to overturn. We did luck out with the call on the field, it could have gone either way.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:51 pm 

Obviously wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

You're a great guy '77, but cripes if you're not used to slop and slather wins (and losses) to shit-ass team by Tomlin's Steelers by now, I do not know what to say for you.

I want change brutha. I want change.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 5:56 pm 

also not to be annoyingly glass half-full bigger picture guy, but 7-2 at this point in the season, after hovering around .500 and having to claw our way back the previous three years

i'll take it

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:02 pm 

TB wrote:
Old School Steeler wrote:
We Ride wrote:
All 100 pages of you whinnie ass ,vagina bleeding,little slut bithche, GO SUCK A BIG ONE!,,,,

My favs are Ben is finished.

Compared to what he once was? Absolutely. Nowhere near the player he was 2-3 years ago. You'd have to be blind or a complete homer to not see that through 9 games this year. And he was bad most of this game. But, he made big plays when it mattered at the end though. That pass to AB to clinch it was maybe his best play all year. Looked like something from '07/'08.

He had one of the best games of his career a year ago. No way he went from the who was great down the stretch last year to much worse this year. The style of play they seem to prefer makes him look a lot worse that he would in a different gameplan.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:04 pm 

KC wrote:
These assholes have to drive us nuts before they win.

Always said....We don't enjoy these games; we suffer through, and hope we're happy in the end.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:07 pm 

Same old Steelers 8-)

Angina and heartburn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:09 pm 

KC wrote:
We Ride wrote:
All 100 pages of you whinnie ass ,vagina bleeding,little slut bithche, GO SUCK A BIG ONE!,,,,

Yeah, you knew we had 'em all the way.

:lol:

I wasn’t pleased but I had faith in a comeback,

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:10 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
KC wrote:
These assholes have to drive us nuts before they win.

Always said....We don't enjoy these games; we suffer through, and hope we're happy in the end.

Quote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Swiss, this game might be the ultimate example of suffering thru a Steelers game and hoping we win in the end.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:14 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
This season was predicated on the offense being far and away dominant so that they would outscore people and that is not anywhere close to what is happening.

I don't know if it's BS or blowing smoke, but a couple guys at PPG have been saying PIT is holding things back on both sides of the ball.

I have to say, I didn't really think much of that theory-- maybe a few wrinkles on D... but when it got to be third dow, 4th Q, down by 8... they ran two plays in a row that I haven't seen before. Also the first no-huddle I can recall this year. Even the winning drive had a different feel to it.

You wouldn't believe if you heard it with you own ears.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:35 pm 

Can’t we fire Haley just for the 2pt debacle? Meaning, after the XP was blocked on the prior TD, didn’t it become totally obvious that we needed to go for two to match Indy’s 17?

So we burn a TO, which is something you almost always NEED in a tight game, then they have a delay of game penalty because they still couldn’t get it right.

Ben and Marty bailed them out, but man that was fugly. There is a pattern here: unpreparedness. I don’t know who is worse at this point, Mike or Todd? Both are horrid, tho.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:41 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
Can’t we fire Haley just for the 2pt debacle? Meaning, after the XP was blocked on the prior TD, didn’t it become totally obvious that we needed to go for two to match Indy’s 17?

So we burn a TO, which is something you almost always NEED in a tight game, then they have a delay of game penalty because they still couldn’t get it right.

Ben and Marty bailed them out, but man that was fugly. There is a pattern here: unpreparedness. I don’t know who is worse at this point, Mike or Todd? Both are horrid, tho.

fire him for this

Quote:
Chris Adamski‏
Verified account

@C_AdamskiTrib

Ben said Todd Haley wanted to kick the extra point after the penalty in the 4th qtr; Tomlin said to go for 2 though

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:49 pm 

Dear god.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:49 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Jeemie wrote:
SBI working out in Jacksonville as well as it looks as if the Jags are about to lose.

Forget what I just said.

Chargers didn’t even try to get a first down, so the Jags have one more chance.

Rivers went nuts on the last drive

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:56 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Obviously wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:

You're a great guy '77, but cripes if you're not used to slop and slather wins (and losses) to shit-ass team by Tomlin's Steelers by now, I do not know what to say for you.

I want change brutha. I want change.

As much as I dislike the way this team looks right now, I'm just gonna say they wanted change in New York and Tampa, too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:57 pm 

TB wrote:
Old School Steeler wrote:
We Ride wrote:

My favs are Ben is finished.

Compared to what he once was? Absolutely. Nowhere near the player he was 2-3 years ago. You'd have to be blind or a complete homer to not see that through 9 games this year. And he was bad most of this game. But, he made big plays when it mattered at the end though. That pass to AB to clinch it was maybe his best play all year. Looked like something from '07/'08.

Were you the same guy at 35 that you were at 22? Elway won the SB at 38. Longevity requires adaptation and adjustment. Ben is a champion.

However, for sustainability of the brand coinciding with a rising defense I'd trade for a high pick and draft a franchise QB now, throw in MB and 1 & 2 if necessary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:58 pm 

It turned out to be a win but man what a mess again against an inferior team . hopefully the steelers will be much better thursday at home

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:04 pm 

GreekSteel wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:

fire him for this

Quote:
Chris Adamski‏
Verified account

@C_AdamskiTrib

Ben said Todd Haley wanted to kick the extra point after the penalty in the 4th qtr; Tomlin said to go for 2 though

Serioiusly?? Haley wanted to kick the point??? Only way that makes sense is that Steelers miss the two, Indy scores another TD, then it's a two-score game. I would've been on the fuckin' ceiling had we kicked the point there. Can't see I've ever seen that kind of debacle re: two-point try....timeout, followed by delay.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:10 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Serioiusly?? Haley wanted to kick the point???

Whether true or false is irrelevant.

Ben basically just called his OC a historically challenged dumbass. PIT may be 7-2, but the HOF QB is screaming for change.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:25 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Ben basically just called his OC a historically challenged dumbass. PIT may be 7-2, but the HOF QB is screaming for change.

This an outrage if true. Send emails, demand Haley's termination. Hope this opens a can of worms. How many other decisions of incompetence.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:29 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

He's been nipping at it around the edges for a long time now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:31 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

You mean like every employee ever when talking about his boss?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:36 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
You mean like every employee ever when talking about his boss?

Ben never, ever, never ever talks that way about MT, KC, AR2. NEVER. I think he's very frustrated about something.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 7:38 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

You are 1000% correct. At least a solid 2 years, by my recollection.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1148 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next