It is currently Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Best Pizza in Pittsburgh: The Vinny Pie!!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:15 am 

Only reason I asked about half baked was because I read it on the menu......very bottom. http://www.vincentspizzapark.com/menu/

I forgot they open at 4pm. That will very well fuck me. I'm not driving all over pittsburgh that close to the game. We'll be in pre-game festivities by then. Maybe next trip. I plan on going to a home playoff game again this year if things continue to go well for the team.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:21 am 

R S wrote:
Only reason I asked about half baked was because I read it on the menu......very bottom. http://www.vincentspizzapark.com/menu/

I forgot they open at 4pm. That will very well fuck me. I'm not driving all over pittsburgh that close to the game. We'll be in pre-game festivities by then. Maybe next trip. I plan on going to a home playoff game again this year if things continue to go well for the team.

Hmmm....Vince would've never tolerated that shit....must be the granddaughter's California influence.

Yeah, their hours make it tough for Steeler night games. That said, Triangle Bar in Swissvale opens at 8am on Steeler game days. You could pick up a battleship (do a roast beef, or roast beef/corned beef combo). No worries about it fuckin' with your system and the Mrs. just might like it more as well (mine would..she HATES Vinnie's).

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:42 am 
I might order a sausage and onion shipped to LanCo...
I perused Vinnies website and FB page and the pies did look good.....I can respect a guy who says you take it our way or you dont get the son of a bitch at all....

To be honest....the comments on FB of the people who HATED it convinced me more than anything....lol

If those dandelions hated it ....its probably ok..lol...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:50 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
I might order a sausage and onion shipped to LanCo...
I perused Vinnies website and FB page and the pies did look good.....I can respect a guy who says you take it our way or you dont get the son of a bitch at all....

To be honest....the comments on FB of the people who HATED it convinced me more than anything....lol

If those dandelions hated it ....its probably ok..lol...

Sausage and onions is a very good choice, and yes, good standard to use ARE the comments of those who hate it.

The funniest one, and I've not looked for awhile, are the Shadyside Bistro types who bitch about the atmosphere, the service, the fact that you need to wash up afterwards, etc.

It's a greazy, grimy pie....and it's fuckin' awesome!! Definitely get it shipped...be well worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:25 pm 
There was one from some well coiffed lady whos job was at ?? The National Center For Juvenile Justice IIRC ??? or something of that ilk...lol....thought maybe it was one of your comrades....lol

Funny as hell....." the pizza was horribly greasy and i had to mop off some grease with my napkin" kinda comment ....lolz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:36 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
There was one from some well coiffed lady whos job was at ?? The National Center For Juvenile Justice IIRC ??? or something of that ilk...lol....thought maybe it was one of your comrades....lol

Funny as hell....." the pizza was horribly greasy and i had to mop off some grease with my napkin" kinda comment ....lolz

Hahaha...could be...though she might be of the advocacy persuasion, with whom we're not always that friendly. The biz generally attracts people that would like Vinnie's.

See...she needed a Vinnie's primer. You mop up the greaz with some of the crust. True story...first time my brother met his future son-in-law was at Vinnie's. It was his first Vinnie's trip. He almost immediately took the crust, dipped into the greaz remaining in the center of the pan. My brother loved Dan immediately, and has ever since.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:15 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
R S wrote:

Hmmm....Vince would've never tolerated that shit....must be the granddaughter's California influence.

Yeah, their hours make it tough for Steeler night games. That said, Triangle Bar in Swissvale opens at 8am on Steeler game days. You could pick up a battleship (do a roast beef, or roast beef/corned beef combo). No worries about it fuckin' with your system and the Mrs. just might like it more as well (mine would..she HATES Vinnie's).

After reading about Vinnie's here for years I cpl yrs back I finally made it there and it was worth the wait. Great fucking pizza.

I just might have to get one shipped to me. (although I remember reading awhile back about someone getting one and it was moldy) Who has actually done this? Fed Ex? Overnight UPS?

Also, I just might have to try out one of these Battleships! Sounds fantastic!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 8:18 am 

SteelThrillsseeker wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
R S wrote:

After reading about Vinnie's here for years I cpl yrs back I finally made it there and it was worth the wait. Great fucking pizza.

I just might have to get one shipped to me. (although I remember reading awhile back about someone getting one and it was moldy) Who has actually done this? Fed Ex? Overnight UPS?

Also, I just might have to try out one of these Battleships! Sounds fantastic!

It was me...well, was my friend Stupid Charlie...and was my brother that shipped it to him, not Vinnie's. My brother made a mistake on the address, the package was returned to him in Pittsburgh, whereupon he just sent it out again. THAT is why it was moldy....damn near killed me and Charlie not to eat that pie. Now...have Vinnie's ship it; they do it all the time.

And yes, Battleships are better than they ever were. For the record, my dad ate the first battleship ever...but that's another story.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:40 am 

It was me...well, was my friend Stupid Charlie...and was my brother that shipped it to him, not Vinnie's. My brother made a mistake on the address, the package was returned to him in Pittsburgh, whereupon he just sent it out again. THAT is why it was moldy....damn near killed me and Charlie not to eat that pie. Now...have Vinnie's ship it; they do it all the time.

And yes, Battleships are better than they ever were. For the record, my dad ate the first battleship ever...but that's another story.[/quote]

LOL, thanks for the refresher on the moldy. I know it had to be horrible tossing that pie away and not being able to eat it. It's unfortunate but man I'm dying laughing in my office with a picture of the two of you just staring in silence, knowing what would come of it. Damn, I must be tired because I laughed way too hard over that. I remember the battleship story and your dad eating the first one. I'll certainly put that on my must do list.

Cpl yrs ago I asked on here about local eats and my wife and I still talk about the breakfast we had a Pamela's. Have to hit that place again for sure.