It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: #1 against the pass?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:57 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 9121
Still Lit wrote:
I notice you did not include Ben on your list.

:P


Even without the unlucky 3-4 picks, I'm guessing he still has a QBR below or @90, right around Rivers, Palmer, Wilson, Eli, Ryan and some of the other usual suspects. And even if his numbers were a little better, we're still averaging less than 20 a game.

I don't think Ben has been bad this year, but he's not been good. Look at that list above - a lot of "top-10" guys are off to slow starts.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #1 against the pass?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 464
I haven't seen D. Watson play yet, but Houston sure is scoring a lot of points with him. Obviously way too early to call him elite.

_________________
“They who have put out the people’s eyes reproach them of their blindness.”
— John Milton


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #1 against the pass?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:05 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 5843
Steel Drummer wrote:
I haven't seen D. Watson play yet, but Houston sure is scoring a lot of points with him. Obviously way too early to call him elite.

Watson has been pretty good. We’ll see how DCs adjust to him once they have enough film to break down. Personally, I think he’s going to have a very good career.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #1 against the pass?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 9121
Jobus Rum wrote:
Watson has been pretty good. We’ll see how DCs adjust to him once they have enough film to break down. Personally, I think he’s going to have a very good career.


Maybe. Talking heads have been trying to anoint the "next elite QB" for like a decade. Matt Ryan, who isn't exactly young any more, is probably the only to live up to the billing. Remember the excessive ball washing for Luck?....and RG3....and Cam...

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #1 against the pass?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:57 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 5843
Kodiak wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:
Watson has been pretty good. We’ll see how DCs adjust to him once they have enough film to break down. Personally, I think he’s going to have a very good career.


Maybe. Talking heads have been trying to anoint the "next elite QB" for like a decade. Matt Ryan, who isn't exactly young any more, is probably the only to live up to the billing. Remember the excessive ball washing for Luck?....and RG3....and Cam...

True...

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #1 against the pass?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:10 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 464
Kodiak wrote:
Maybe. Talking heads have been trying to anoint the "next elite QB" for like a decade. Matt Ryan, who isn't exactly young any more, is probably the only to live up to the billing. Remember the excessive ball washing for Luck?....and RG3....and Cam...

Luck has been getting the snot beaten out of him for years now. Indy should be sued for criminal negligence.

_________________
“They who have put out the people’s eyes reproach them of their blindness.”
— John Milton


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #1 against the pass?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:24 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:40 pm
Posts: 3001
Steel Drummer wrote:
Kodiak wrote:
Maybe. Talking heads have been trying to anoint the "next elite QB" for like a decade. Matt Ryan, who isn't exactly young any more, is probably the only to live up to the billing. Remember the excessive ball washing for Luck?....and RG3....and Cam...

Luck has been getting the snot beaten out of him for years now. Indy should be sued for criminal negligence.


Ryan had one great season. Ryan plays 9 games a year in domes. He also has been playing in a division with some putrid pass defenses for years. Elite? Nah. Good yeah.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: #1 against the pass?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 9121
6th in goal-to-goal is pretty good - if you're getting there often.

16th in RZ is bad for an elite offense, period....especially when you aren't getting there often.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], JackSplat58, Majestic-12 [Bot], Suwanee88 and 14 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group