It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: #1 against the pass?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:57 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
I notice you did not include Ben on your list.

:P

Even without the unlucky 3-4 picks, I'm guessing he still has a QBR below or @90, right around Rivers, Palmer, Wilson, Eli, Ryan and some of the other usual suspects. And even if his numbers were a little better, we're still averaging less than 20 a game.

I don't think Ben has been bad this year, but he's not been good. Look at that list above - a lot of "top-10" guys are off to slow starts.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:01 pm 

I haven't seen D. Watson play yet, but Houston sure is scoring a lot of points with him. Obviously way too early to call him elite.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:05 pm 

Steel Drummer wrote:
I haven't seen D. Watson play yet, but Houston sure is scoring a lot of points with him. Obviously way too early to call him elite.

Watson has been pretty good. We’ll see how DCs adjust to him once they have enough film to break down. Personally, I think he’s going to have a very good career.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:49 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
Watson has been pretty good. We’ll see how DCs adjust to him once they have enough film to break down. Personally, I think he’s going to have a very good career.

Maybe. Talking heads have been trying to anoint the "next elite QB" for like a decade. Matt Ryan, who isn't exactly young any more, is probably the only to live up to the billing. Remember the excessive ball washing for Luck?....and RG3....and Cam...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:57 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
Jobus Rum wrote:

Maybe. Talking heads have been trying to anoint the "next elite QB" for like a decade. Matt Ryan, who isn't exactly young any more, is probably the only to live up to the billing. Remember the excessive ball washing for Luck?....and RG3....and Cam...

True...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:10 pm 

Kodiak wrote:

Luck has been getting the snot beaten out of him for years now. Indy should be sued for criminal negligence.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 2:24 pm 

Steel Drummer wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

Luck has been getting the snot beaten out of him for years now. Indy should be sued for criminal negligence.

Ryan had one great season. Ryan plays 9 games a year in domes. He also has been playing in a division with some putrid pass defenses for years. Elite? Nah. Good yeah.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:30 pm 

6th in goal-to-goal is pretty good - if you're getting there often.

16th in RZ is bad for an elite offense, period....especially when you aren't getting there often.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 58 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6