It is currently Wed Dec 12, 2018 8:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 5:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 499
So after the debacle in New England, which I had been expecting, I decided I was taking football too seriously, wasn't having any fun with it, and thought I would get away from sports for awhile.

A couple months later, I start visiting SF again, and in the interim a new get-tough policy on politics had been put into effect, and also Swiss was nowhere to be found.

Are these facts related? Not asking about the politics. Just asking because, even though I think I pissed him off a couple of times, he's one of our more entertaining posters.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:52 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7086
Swiss rarely posts during the off-season, and practically not at all after hockey season.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 10:58 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 499
Never noticed that.

Did the Board blow up about Trump, or was it something else?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:54 pm 
Online

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 7086
Steel Drummer wrote:
Never noticed that.

Did the Board blow up about Trump, or was it something else?

You'll probably have to get that answer from someone else. I try to steer clear of the political stuff.

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:12 pm
Posts: 499
Jobus Rum wrote:
Steel Drummer wrote:
Never noticed that.

Did the Board blow up about Trump, or was it something else?

You'll probably have to get that answer from someone else. I try to steer clear of the political stuff.

Yeah, probably best not to worry about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:36 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 1102
Politics have been banned since the old site, iirc.

_________________
Fire Alleva.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5601
Very little has been posted about politics and I definitely like it that way. I've had to stop listening to Howard Stern because every show bleeds into politics and I'm done. I want entertainment not political bashing and commentary. I understand why there is a no politics rule and it's the right policy.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:04 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 2678
Some funny motherfuckers here, RS. Local guys, super nice & funny.

https://tomanddan.com

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5601
VanWilder wrote:
Some funny motherfuckers here, RS. Local guys, super nice & funny.

https://tomanddan.com


I don't know if I can get into the whole internet radio thing. I'll check it out though.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 5:54 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:50 pm
Posts: 4683
R S wrote:
Very little has been posted about politics and I definitely like it that way. I've had to stop listening to Howard Stern because every show bleeds into politics and I'm done. I want entertainment not political bashing and commentary. I understand why there is a no politics rule and it's the right policy.

I don't talk politics as I want to respect the rules but its a ridiculous rule. Open up General Discussion and leave it here. If someone can't control themselves and it bleeds into another forum, you whack them first offense and let everyone know about it. Old school-


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:55 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 7:58 pm
Posts: 813
This site has always cracked down on political talk. Posters tend to notice it more when their political views/favored politicians are the ones under attack. When the other side is the one being attacked, it's seemingly less noticeable. So if you feel like the site is suddenly cracking down on political talk, it's probably because you're a precious little snowflake.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:41 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
Laying the Wood wrote:
So if you feel like the site is suddenly cracking down on political talk, it's probably because you're a precious little snowflake.


There's really no arguing with this^^^

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:31 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 pm
Posts: 1519
Internet tough guys now run our politics. What more could we possibly add?

_________________

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.


Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5601
ChicagoSteel wrote:
Internet tough guys now run our politics. What more could we possibly add?


isn't this about not talking politics? I'm not sure who's running Chicago but it sure as fuck isn't working. Nevermind, I know who!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:56 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:11 pm
Posts: 1519
R S wrote:
ChicagoSteel wrote:
Internet tough guys now run our politics. What more could we possibly add?


isn't this about not talking politics? I'm not sure who's running Chicago but it sure as fuck isn't working. Nevermind, I know who!


It's working just fine. But you keep on living in that fucked up Fox News bubble chief....you know, the same bubble this guy is living in:

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2017/09 ... ke-tomlin/

Oh wow...does that make all of Western PA a bunch of redneck racists? I would say not despite the history of racism in the area. But if I childishly put down people and places that make me insecure, I's say yes....what a bunch of cousin-fuckers.

Why do you mock? I have visited Western PA. My kids and I have met nothing but good people there despite what TV and internet message boards lead me to believe.

Come visit...I'll take you out for a few beers on me. Then decide. PM me. I'm serious.

_________________

Ultimately, America's answer to the intolerant man is diversity, the very diversity which our heritage of religious freedom has inspired.


Robert F. Kennedy...50 years ago.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:21 am 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4293
Quote:
It's working just fine. But you keep on living in that fucked up Fox News bubble


So Fox News has been making up stuff about Chicago and the state of Illinois?

Have they been making up all the violence and shootings in Chicago? All fabricated?

What about the budget & pension mess? All made up too?

Quote:
Illinois is in a state of crisis, with $15 in unpaid bills, a $6 billion deficit, and a pension liability that is now upwards of $130 billion. The state's finances are so bad that it elected a Republican as governor to reform the state's out-of-control pensions but who has met fierce resistance from the Democratic legislature.


That was from Investors Business Daily.

http://www.investors.com/politics/editorials/michigan-just-prevented-a-fiscal-crisis-are-other-states-paying-attention/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:59 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 5601
Yes CHicagoSteel, if you're ready to start bashing how a politician is running something, then be prepared to have you screen name questioned. I'm sure you're a great guy, but that doesn't mean your city has A LOT of shit going wrong.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/loca ... story.html

http://www.newsweek.com/chicago-homicid ... ate-644460

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/ ... 19-billion


As 95 points out. it's not fox news making this up. But keep using your "fox news" default reply when your faced with information you don't like, Sporto. Maybe Rahm will run in 2020 and bring the bang up job he's doing in Chicago to the White House.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
On the other hand, Chicago does have Danny's and its funk night. Hands down one of THE best dj soul shows you can find. Caught Dante Carfagna spinning one night. Pure fire!

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:07 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
ChicagoSteel wrote:

It's working just fine. But you keep on living in that fucked up Fox News bubble chief....you know, the same bubble this guy is living in:


LMFAO....consider stepping out of your own bubble, first. Once you realize your own sources are as bad as you're told Fox is, then you'll finally have a clue.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:12 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
955876 wrote:
So Fox News has been making up stuff about Chicago and the state of Illinois?


Fox is actually being generous. IL is practically as if Detroit became a state.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 5:15 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
Still Lit wrote:
On the other hand, Chicago does have Danny's and its funk night. Hands down one of THE best dj soul shows you can find. Caught Dante Carfagna spinning one night. Pure fire!


Just as an example.....There has been talk of a casino in downtown Chicago. It would likely be the biggest casino in the world - hundreds of millions in tax revenues and economic value. The city and state can't agree, and there's still no casino in Chicago.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:19 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 10193
Kodiak wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
On the other hand, Chicago does have Danny's and its funk night. Hands down one of THE best dj soul shows you can find. Caught Dante Carfagna spinning one night. Pure fire!


Just as an example.....There has been talk of a casino in downtown Chicago. It would likely be the biggest casino in the world - hundreds of millions in tax revenues and economic value. The city and state can't agree, and there's still no casino in Chicago.


Chicago gave me Tortoise and a whole host of other musical treasures. It also gave me the Committee on Social Thought. :D

It is very sad that Chicago continues to be so dysfunctional politically and that there remains so much violence and poverty in its minority neighborhoods. But for art and culture and thought, after NYC, Chicago is it for me.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
Still Lit wrote:
.... and that there remains so much violence and poverty in its minority neighborhoods.


The DOJ/FBI was very successful in breaking up the two biggest gangs in Chicago. Turns out they kept things relatively under control, and after they were gone it led to major turf wars between dozens of gang trying to fill the void.....sometimes the real world, sadly, plays out exactly as economists predict.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:48 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:46 pm
Posts: 1102
I have to travel to Chicago a lot for work. I love it (except for the traffic) whenever I go. I did not expect the food to be as good as it is.

I'm not sure if I prefer it to New York or not. Hard to factor out the novelty of going to Chicago. I used to live and work in NYC, so that made me somewhat jaded.

If I had to rank my favorite "major" cities that I've been to:

1. New Orleans (does this count as major?)
2. New York
3. Chicago
4. Nashville
5. San Francisco

<---every city after this point kind of sucks, imo -->

6. D.C.
7. Los Angeles
8. Philadelphia
9. Boston
10. Houston

I still need to go to Austin, Denver, Seattle, and Charlotte. 4 Places I think could come in above the "sucks" line.

_________________
Fire Alleva.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Ban on Politics
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:50 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 1:01 am
Posts: 12074
SteelKnife wrote:
I still need to go to Austin, Denver, Seattle, and Charlotte. 4 Places I think could come in above the "sucks" line.


Seattle is a cool town. But, man, you make me realize how many great events in great cities I've missed out on. Been to Charlotte and Nashville, and Denver, a few times - on business. Never been to New Orleans, or Austin.

Denver consistently ranks very highly for places to live. I don't know, as a tourist or even in my 20's/30's, the sprawl of a Denver or LA just isn't the same. Give me NY and Chicago where I can walk anywhere to almost endless entertainment options.

Vegas - today's tragic events withstanding - is horribly underrated, as well. Basically all the entertainment/food/music/etc of any of the cosmopolitan cities, but a very livable city that's easy to get around outside of that. And new. With some great outdoor options, as well.

_________________
------------------------------------------------------


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 30 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group