It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 53 and me
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:08 pm 
franco32 wrote:
Let's agree for arguments sake that Kaep doesn't totally suck. He's still a circus show. We don't need that distraction in our locker room. This social justice warrior nonsense is tiresome, and we don't need fake sports reporters from ESPN visiting us and talking politics all the time.

I disagree.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:25 pm 

Kaep has shown to be very innacurate at times.

We don't need a back-up QB with accuracy issues dominating the news for non-football reasons.

His social opinions aren't the only reason he's still unemployed. If the guy was a better QB he would have been snatched up by name.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:26 pm 

With he right coaches/scheme he could likely have success again.

Highly unlikely Tomlin/Haley are those coaches.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:46 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
franco32 wrote:
Let's agree for arguments sake that Kaep doesn't totally suck. He's still a circus show. We don't need that distraction in our locker room. This social justice warrior nonsense is tiresome, and we don't need fake sports reporters from ESPN visiting us and talking politics all the time.

I disagree.

Disagree with what?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:26 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:

moore garapolo mccarron simian/lynch mahommes/smith foles schaub daniel fitzpatrick

To name a few

Nice list chef. Now, out of those names I really think with some coaching and reps McCarron could actually start in the NFL. The rest? Meh....

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:49 pm 
Steelafan77 wrote:
SteelerChef wrote:

moore garapolo mccarron simian/lynch mahommes/smith foles schaub daniel fitzpatrick

To name a few

Nice list chef. Now, out of those names I really think with some coaching and reps McCarron could actually start in the NFL. The rest? Meh....

I think AJ has the right mentality to play qb in the nfl as well. If he lands on a decent team in FA he might be something.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:49 pm 

steelclan wrote:
You fucking would. The Handoff Monkey is better than him at this point.

You're out of your tree. Kaepernick of 2016 is twice the QB Laundry is.

Look at what other contenders have as backup QBs-- our situation is embarrassing.[/quote]

NE I'll give you but which other team has a good back up?[/quote]
Just looking at contenders, Carolina comes immediately to mind. Dallas has a pretty good situation. Denver has a #2 & 3 just as good as it's number 1. What contending team has a worse backup QB situation than we do? Maybe Green Bay, but that's pretty much a wash.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:00 am 

SteelerChef wrote:
franco32 wrote:

I disagree.

Where this Kap fantasy all breaks down for me, is adding the press sideshow and also putting him in a locker room containing a decorated combat veteran.
Also, the Steelers already have a backup QB that knows the system and has proven he can win games, even if he isn't the athlete that Kap is.
Laundry is the plan, and like it or not Laundry is gonna be the transition guy for a season or two until the Steelers can draft the next franchise QB.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 8:28 am 

DrMalba wrote:
Also, the Steelers already have a backup QB that knows the system and has proven he can win games, even if he isn't the athlete that Kap is.

Dafuq?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 9:07 am 

KC wrote:
DrMalba wrote:

Dafuq?

Allow me to apply an anodyne edit, KC:

DrMalba wrote:
Also, the Steelers already have a backup QB that knows the system and with whom the team has won some games, even if he isn't the athlete that Kap is.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next