It is currently Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Tre Boston Visited the Steelers Yesterday
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:51 pm 

Blurb from Rotoworld:

Quote:
The meeting with the Steelers happened Friday, and Boston reports it "went great." He will visit the Chargers next with the Bills and former DC Sean McDermott his final stop. Waived by the Panthers Tuesday, Boston was never going to lack for interest on the open market.

When I saw the Panthers cut him, I thought they should give him a look.

Post subject: Re: Tre Boston Visited the Steelers Yesterday
PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 7:27 pm 

I don't recall watching him play, but we need all the help we can get in the secondary.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 8:04 pm 

If it went great, why let him go visit other teams?

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 10:25 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
If it went great, why let him go visit other teams?

Because Tomlin.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:30 pm 

I would also like for the Steelers to bring in two other safeties to kick the tires if you will. Marcus Gilchrist was cut because the Jets drafted two safeties in the first and second rounds and he is coming off a knee injury. Aaron Williams, formerly of Buffalo has had injury issues as well but both can play and would look nice as the 3rd safety. I would sign either one to a two year deal.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 2:29 am 

Scunge wrote:
I would also like for the Steelers to bring in two other safeties to kick the tires if you will. Marcus Gilchrist was cut because the Jets drafted two safeties in the first and second rounds and he is coming off a knee injury. Aaron Williams, formerly of Buffalo has had injury issues as well but both can play and would look nice as the 3rd safety. I would sign either one to a two year deal.

This is where I am at as well since we didn't draft a safety. Same goes for TEs, we should have already brought in Gary Barnidge and Jacob Tamme.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 9:35 am 

These were my two other choices if Boston signs elsewhere.

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=8687&start=30

Quote:
Likely the Steelers are waiting til the the 9th to sign anymore FA's. May 9th is the cut off for signing FA's and it won't affect the due compensatory pick(s) entitlement. I definitely look at Gerald Hodges. Been pounding the keyboard for a while for him long Before the draft. He is still available. Boston was brought to my attention yesterday looking at an article where FA's were the topic. Boston isn't the top of the tier safety and could be relegated to spot play. Dime/Nickel would be good enough in addition to ST's. Barnidge was also a name mentioned. B2B was first to call him to attention. Yes, he is still available. 3 definite contributors. Not sure how cheap they come.

Edit: Torn Petella, Jets released S Marcus Gilchrist http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/661 ... -gilchrist likely wouldn't play in 2017. My bad... :oops: :lol:

Vikings waived S Cedric Thompson http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/105 ... c-thompson

I don't believe the Steelers are even interested in Barnidge or any other TE on the market. I've seen nothing that would indicate any interest anyways. I'd love to see them at least visit with ILB Gerald Hodges (49'ers). As far as I know he visited with Seattle before the draft. Still available and doesn't have a whole lot of interest.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:16 pm 

smithessmokin wrote:
Scunge wrote:

This is where I am at as well since we didn't draft a safety. Same goes for TEs, we should have already brought in Gary Barnidge and Jacob Tamme.

Count me in as well. I fully expect a TE and a safety signed and added to the roster. If not May then post June cuts.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 8:25 pm 

Count me in for adding another safety and maybe an Lb that can play in coverage. I guess they didn't like Boston enough to offer him a deal.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:45 am 

Unless he is injured, I'm disgusted by the Steelers failing to pursue Barnidge. This close minded thinking really does hold us back at times. Green won't make it out of the preseason and then what? Have some damn insurance.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 11:55 am 

franco32 wrote:
Unless he is injured, I'm disgusted by the Steelers failing to pursue Barnidge. This close minded thinking really does hold us back at times. Green won't make it out of the preseason and then what? Have some damn insurance.

Are we the only team in the league who could use him?

Why hasn't he been signed by anyone yet?

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 1:52 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
franco32 wrote:

Are we the only team in the league who could use him?

Why hasn't he been signed by anyone yet?

Not signed yet. Visited Buffalo...Plans to visit Jacksonville and Carolina I believe. Said he was taking a break before making more visits.

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2017 7:49 pm 

I believe Wednesday is the cut off day for FA that count to comp pick process.

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 7:06 pm 

Boston is deciding on either Chargers or Bills. I know where I'd go. Sunshine and bikini's.....

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:59 pm 

I agree there really no choice there

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:11 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Boston is deciding on either Chargers or Bills. I know where I'd go. Sunshine and bikini's.....

Telling you right now guys, the Chargers could be a very scary team this year. (Not because of Tre Boston)

I drafted for them in the 2nd mock, and I was amazed how loaded they are with young talent. They will get some key injured players back this year as well as a full year of Bosa. Wildcard contender....

Had a very solid draft too, although I would have take McCaffrey instead of Williams in the first.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:42 pm 

I don't think much of the LA Chargers, except to say I think they'll be the best team in LA this year.

Keenan Allen is less than 100%, following ACL tear/surgery and the Chargers have crap behind him, aside from a very low-floor Mike Williams. Antonio Gates is on his last legs and Hunter Henry is just as soft as ever. Im not a big believer in Mel Gordon, but they did upgrade the middle of their OL. Decent defense in the front 7, but safety is a big issue and they'll struggle to score more than they give up. Anthony Lynn did a really nice job using the pieces in Buffalo-- but he's got a whole lot less to work with in LA.

On top of that, they're easily the fourth team in a four team race. Very tough division and all three got better since last year.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 2:43 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:

He can legitimately start in LA. In pgh, he'll be lucky to see the field on 3rd downs.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 7:33 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I don't think much of the LA Chargers, except to say I think they'll be the best team in LA this year.

Keenan Allen is less than 100%, following ACL tear/surgery and the Chargers have crap behind him, aside from a very low-floor Mike Williams. Antonio Gates is on his last legs and Hunter Henry is just as soft as ever. Im not a big believer in Mel Gordon, but they did upgrade the middle of their OL. Decent defense in the front 7, but safety is a big issue and they'll struggle to score more than they give up. Anthony Lynn did a really nice job using the pieces in Buffalo-- but he's got a whole lot less to work with in LA.

On top of that, they're easily the fourth team in a four team race. Very tough division and all three got better since last year.

8-8 or 9-7 and they will finish ahead of Denver. Wildcard may be a stretch, but this is a much better team than their record last year.

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2017 9:57 pm 

It appears to me the Chargers will have a better, younger, faster roster, on paper, than they have in recent past. Rivers is still a QB that can make a so-so WR corp look pretty good. BUT, even if their division takes steps back, how strong a run, how many games can a team win when they play at home and only have 300 fans in the stands???

AM I wrong here or are they gonna have some of the lowest game day crowds in recent history???

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 1:12 am 

Quote:
@TreBos10
#BoltUp ⚡️⚡️⚡️ https://twitter.com/TreBos10/status/863 ... s-chargers
Quote:
@Chargers
We've agreed to terms with safety @TreBos10 https://twitter.com/Chargers/status/863142872618487808