It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:22 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 2:25 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:
I don't think the Steelers see Willis as an OLB, looks like a DL/play with your hand on the ground player only. Lotta likable traits, but can he bend and flatten on the edge? Play in space? I don't think the Steelers think so.

He literally fits all of the benchmarks (size, testing) set by looking at a decade of OLB picks they've made. Their lack of interest is astounding.

I don't think it's astounding, they just don't see him as a OLB in their system IMO. Do you want him out in the flat trying to D up Dion Lewis? Can he drop 30% of the time? To me, he looks like a guy who can't bend and has to take extra steps when trying to run the edge. Like I said, there's a lot to like, but I don't see the fit. I don't think the Steelers do either.

As for the bet, sure. I've got no shame. :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:16 pm 

TB wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:
I don't think the Steelers see Willis as an OLB, looks like a DL/play with your hand on the ground player only. Lotta likable traits, but can he bend and flatten on the edge? Play in space? I don't think the Steelers think so.

He literally fits all of the benchmarks (size, testing) set by looking at a decade of OLB picks they've made. Their lack of interest is astounding.

I don't think it's astounding, they just don't see him as a OLB in their system IMO. Do you want him out in the flat trying to D up Dion Lewis? Can he drop 30% of the time? To me, he looks like a guy who can't bend and has to take extra steps when trying to run the edge. Like I said, there's a lot to like, but I don't see the fit. I don't think the Steelers do either.

Lol.....without looking tell me which of these combine results is Lewis ?

I will fill you in on the other 3 later 8-)

40 YARD DASH: 4.53 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 24 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 39.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 125.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 6.85 SEC
20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.28 SEC

40 YARD DASH: 4.57 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 17 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 34.5 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 112.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 6.90 SEC
20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.18 SEC

40 YARD DASH: 4.64 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 33 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 41.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 128.0 INCH

40 YARD DASH: 4.65 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 23 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 40.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 7.08 SEC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:26 pm 

If Willis played to his combine numbers we wouldn't even be having any argument. He'd be a top 20 lock. But he doesn't.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:33 pm 

TB wrote:
If Willis played to his combine numbers we wouldn't even be having any argument. He'd be a top 20 lock. But he doesn't.

:lol: :shock:

Again.....to me that says he needs polishing....coaching...

Is it that hard to imagine that a guy with those measureables hasnt needed or recieved the very best training so far in his career ?

The guy lives for football and his team and has HOF elite tools to work with. Whats not to like at 30 ?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:37 pm 

TB wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:
TB wrote:

Oh....and for those following along....heres the names

Jordan Willis
40 YARD DASH: 4.53 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 24 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 39.0 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 125.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 6.85 SEC
20 YARD SHUTTLE: 4.28 SEC

All World Dion Lewis
40 YARD DASH: 4.57 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 17 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 34.5 INCH
BROAD JUMP: 112.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 6.90 SEC

Myles Garrett
40 YARD DASH: 4.64 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 33 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 41.0 INCH

Khalil Mack
40 YARD DASH: 4.65 SEC
BENCH PRESS: 23 REPS
VERTICAL JUMP: 40.0 INCH
3 CONE DRILL: 7.08 SEC

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:47 pm 

If a guy has his measurables and his level of production, why would we even be debating this? Why would you be mocking him as a second round pick to us? How in the world could he even drop to 30?

The guy is stiff on film and doesn't play to those measurables. He can't bend or flatten on the edge, and he doesn't look like a guy who can play off the LOS. The Steelers aren't even sniffing him and they aren't just doing it as a smokescreen, something our crew just doesn't do. But I guess I'm the one who's nuts here for even suggesting he's a second day player.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 4:40 pm 

TB wrote:
If a guy has his measurables and his level of production, why would we even be debating this? Why would you be mocking him as a second round pick to us? How in the world could he even drop to 30?

The guy is stiff on film and doesn't play to those measurables. He can't bend or flatten on the edge, and he doesn't look like a guy who can play off the LOS. The Steelers aren't even sniffing him and they aren't just doing it as a smokescreen, something our crew just doesn't do. But I guess I'm the one who's nuts here for even suggesting he's a second day player.

There is a real difference between CANT bend or set an edge and HASNT NEEDED TO....

Quote:

Still, consistency was not a problem for the Big XII’s leading sack man in 2016. He racked up 11.5 sacks and totaled 17.5 tackles for loss, one year after he finished with 8.5 and 14.5 respectively as a Junior. He also forced three fumbles in each of those two seasons.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 8:33 pm 

It is really wishful thinking that JuJu will last to the end of the 3rd round. I have 5 WRs all going in the first 50 picks.

My top 5 WRs as this:
Corey Davis, Mike Williams, John Ross, JuJu, Zay Jones. I think that they will all be off the board in 50 picks and that the first 3 will go in the first round and JuJu and Jones going early to mid round 2. Then on the border of that group is Godwin and I think that he probably is picked at the end of round 2, probably before we pick.

Sure, everybody talks a big game about how deep this draft is, how we can get a WR in round 3 or later to help out, well screw that, I want, this team NEEDS a WR who can come in immediately and play and have an impact as the starting #2 or #3 WR. Once you get past those first 5 WRs you are looking at guys that will have to develop, to learn how to play, run routes, get acclimated to the NFL.

Bryant with his reinstatement, Coates with his hand and confidence, no Markus Wheaton, Heyward-Bey dealing with his first serious injury last year, is that the beginning of his body breaking down? Eli Rogers was just okay in his first year as the slot WR. I know Ben loves his guys and called Rogers one of his best slot WRs but the proof is in the pudding. Rogers just does not have the speed and quickness to do major damage as the slot. He does not break tackles, he does not get much yardage after the catch. He is limited, we need to do better. Those are a lot of question marks and gambles on important, crucial pieces of the offense. The #2 and #3 WRs failed us last year and going into this year we are going to gamble on them again?

Here we are talking about picking a CB, how a slot CB is a need and people have no problem spending a 1st and 2nd round pick on that slot CB if needed. But we have Golson who was a 2nd round pick. I have more confidence in Golson finally becoming a player this year than I do in last year's WR group stepping up.

In terms of Willis and where he will go, I kinda agree with TB. I have seen a lot of mocks where Willis does not sniff the first round. I have also see a lot of mocks of late that are putting Josh Jones the safety in the first round. It is kind of nuts right now, players are all over the map in terms of where they will be taken. I don't think Willis is raw at all, or needs to be coached up, to me he is really sort of maxed out right now. He is advanced in how he plays the run, sheds blocks, sets the edge. As a pass rusher he looks pretty good to me as well but for as talented as he is athletically, it all just does not add up. He is the not the sum of all the great parts, the size, the athlete, the hustle, the motor. I was expecting more great play out of him, more dominance and was just found disappointed. But that is not really to surprising as I have come to think of this entire edge rusher draft class as underwhelming. To me there are two players worthy of being drafted in round 1 (and both will be gone in the first 5 picks or so) and then the rest I would only touch starting with my second rounder.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2017 9:38 pm 

There will be WRs undrafted in this this draft class better on day 1 than 2nd half Coates, Eli Rogers, Demarcus Ayers, and Cobi Hamilton. It's stupid deep.

More importantly, you're going to have a hard time making an argument that the difference in grade on the 5th WR taken and the 20th are going to be all that different, especially if you are looking for a solid #2 with some nice traits (or a nice number 4/5 if Bryant returns).

I'm inclined to draft a RB, WR, QB or TE--- all on Day 3. Draft 3 of the 4 pf Saturday. A 1st/2nd round pick at offensive skill positions for this team is a glorious waste, unless Patrick Mahomes, David Njoku, Corey Davis, or O.J. Howard fall to 1.30.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 3:25 pm 

Love me some U

Would be crazy to go TE in the first, but Njoku would look real nice in black and gold.

Plus his first name is very normal and he has a nice frame w decent wrist circumference.

I'm in

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 17  Next