It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:44 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NFL fans on refs last night
PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:39 am 

At this point if the SB was called legitimately and clean the Patriots would consider it a double cross

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:27 am 

Everyone needs to prepare to accept that we need to turn off the NFL

It's all a fucking ruse

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:50 am 

Suwanee88 wrote:
It’s the same shit they used to say about the Steelers dynasty. Great teams overcome bad calls. Time for this team to be great.

Pats get a pass on the so called "judgment calls', you know, the ones that can be called pretty much any play if you want? You can see plenty of Pats actions worthy of a flag, Plus they pretty much win every challenge, they often get key overturns upon review, plus their plays aren't overturned. There was a Pats TD catch where the ball obviously came out, it was totally 100% no catch, but Pats got the TD, Jesse James, on the other hand... And his ball touching the ground is to clear.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:53 am 

Zeke5123 wrote:

The real answer is simplify the rules. Remove automatic first down penalties. Allow illegal contact. Limit review to thirty seconds. Hire new refs.

Make "what is a catch" an unreviewable judgment call that can't be reviewed and force them to accept the call on the field.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:56 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Zeke5123 wrote:
What I don’t understand is why no journalist digs into the issue. I’m sure you can mathematically prove the Pats are extreme outliers when it comes to refs. Then, just some study of tape would prove it’s not because they are just that much more disciplined.

The real answer is simplify the rules. Remove automatic first down penalties. Allow illegal contact. Limit review to thirty seconds. Hire new refs.

I've been saying that for years. No such rule in the college game. The rule fucks with the natural order of the game. You contact the receiver like that, you take the risk of being burned deep....should NEVER have been legislated out.

One would think that the Competition Committee should understand that one of their priorities should be LESS penalty flags, not more...infuse more spontaneity into the game for its fans, etc.

While they're at it, get rid of penalties for...
*Taunting
*Hands to the face

While they're at it, get rid of penalties for...
*Taunting
*Hands to the face
*Formation, except for having 5 O-linemen anything else goes, WHO CARES?
*Illegal Motion, go CFL style, who cares?

So much they could get rid of that would eliminate nitpicky stoppages!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:34 am 

Required to attend Houston Dallas NBA Wed. After 52 uncalled walking violations, 9 uncalled 3 second violations and 44 uncalled palming violations I ceased counting, late 3rd qtr. High school ball is a far superior product and relatively rule complaint.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:41 am 

Old School Steeler wrote:
Required to attend Houston Dallas NBA Wed. After 52 uncalled walking violations, 9 uncalled 3 second violations and 44 uncalled palming violations I ceased counting, late 3rd qtr. High school ball is a far superior product and relatively rule complaint.

Exactly why I can't stand watching the NBA. it is not basketball. I like the College game better.