It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Patriots-Titans
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:22 am 

What the fuck!! Let's start this thread 12 hours ahead of time.

I know it's wishful thinking, but I have this glimmer of hope that LeBeau pulls a gem out of his ass similar to the '05 Divisional Playoff vs. Indy. He gets the heat in Brady's face rushing backers from the same side, he beats the fuck out of that douchebag Gronk. And then on offense, Titans pound the piss out of the Patriots front 7, and Mariota, being a winner by nature, makes enough big plays to knock these fuckers off.

Yeah, I know want the Steelers to beat the Patriots next week in Foxboro, Slay the Dragon as has been cited previously. Personally though, I would be happy as FUCK if the least deserving fan base in all of sports, leaves Gillette Stadium, spills out into Route 1 as zombies, their season prematurely over.

Post subject: Re: Patriots-Titans
PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:28 am 

Works for me, but the steelers organization needs to get the monkey off their back. The only way to do that is to go to Foxborough and kick the living shit out of them in their house. What would be better : Seeing zombies after a titans win or a steelers win? We need to return the favor from last year. Besides, would it be great if the steelers were the catalyst to the house of cards falling?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:42 am 

Hmmmmm

Titans travel to Pitt or we go up to NE

Tough one

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:49 am 

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Who gives a shit about facing the Patriots. I want the easiest path- a Superbowl is a Superbowl. You beat who you get.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:55 am 

id love to see the pats lose to the titans and I can even see Mariotta and Henry giving the pats some issues rushing the ball but Lebeau is the precise reason I think the titans have ZERO chance of beating the cheats, Brady owns Lebeaus archaic soft zone defense and zone blitz concepts.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
id love to see the pats lose to the titans and I can even see Mariotta and Henry giving the pats some issues rushing the ball but Lebeau is the precise reason I think the titans have ZERO chance of beating the cheats, Brady owns Lebeaus archaic soft zone defense and zone blitz concepts.

Usually I would agree with your comments Greek, but I believe Dick L. had the Titans playing more man coverage than just about anyone last week and getting pressure with less blitzing. Guess we'll see tonight, but I have a feeling it's going to be much closer than many expect. Fingers crossed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:59 am 

GreekSteel wrote:
Do the titans have the talent and physical attributes at DB's to accomplish man coverage?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:07 am 

DP39 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

Usually I would agree with your comments Greek, but I believe Dick L. had the Titans playing more man coverage than just about anyone last week and getting pressure with less blitzing. Guess we'll see tonight, but I have a feeling it's going to be much closer than many expect. Fingers crossed.

I actually agree it will be closer game, I just don't see the titans winning at all, hope I'm wrong, much rather have the opportunity to win the affcg at home.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:09 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:
Do the titans have the talent and physical attributes at DB's to accomplish man coverage?

Not totally sure on that but I believe ther #1 CB is Adoree Jackson, but Tyreek Hill who is similar in many respects to the Pats Brandin Cooks absolutely took Jacksons lunch money when matched up in man coverage, tits eventually dropped Jackson into zone coverage.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:16 am 

Brandin Cooks hasn't been all that for the Pat this year though, Greek. Were talking about that on the local cable sports show last night....simply a deep guy, that's about it.

Other than Gronk, no real threats for Patriots.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:18 am 

COR-TEN wrote:
Works for me, but the steelers organization needs to get the monkey off their back. The only way to do that is to go to Foxborough and kick the living shit out of them in their house. What would be better : Seeing zombies after a titans win or a steelers win? We need to return the favor from last year. Besides, would it be great if the steelers were the catalyst to the house of cards falling?

And yes, would be freakin' awesome to beat the Patriots in Foxboro. If today though, I'm offered a sure Steelers victory tomorrow, and choice of traveling to Foxboro to face the Patriots, or hosting the Titans in Heinz....I'm taking the home field and the lesser opponent.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:21 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Brandin Cooks hasn't been all that for the Pat this year though, Greek. Were talking about that on the local cable sports show last night....simply a deep guy, that's about it.

Other than Gronk, no real threats for Patriots.

Cooks not as good as Hill, I agree...I do think he ll give Jackson trouble though if not fits, and other than Gronk, who is a mismatch for any team, id say the pats RBs namely Dion Lewis will also give the Titans major headaches as he does vs most teams.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:29 am 

DP39 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

The Titans play almost exclusively man coverage, FWIW

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:33 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
DP39 wrote:
GreekSteel wrote:

The Titans play almost exclusively man coverage, FWIW

Didnt with Jackson for most of the game last week, although getting destroyed by Hill played a rather large role in that

Tell me again B2B how the Tits play predominantly man coverage? Lebaeau is always gonna Lebeau..he loves himself some off man zone

Last edited by GreekSteel on Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:38 am 

I wouldn't be surprised if it's closer than "people think". Just to look to last year. If the Texans had an NFL QB, it's possible they win that game.

The Patriots then went on to sleepwalk to an easy win over the Steelers....and then struggle again in the SB. Steelers were actually their easiest game in last year's playoffs.

Not saying history repeats...just saying if the Titans play them well in a loss, who cares. Almost rather see the Patriots bury them and fight their egos in afc cg pregame prep.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:04 pm 

I tell ya--I certainly understand the infatuation the media has with NE. They have been winning for years and years. It was running on the crawl at the bottom of the screen either on EPSN or NFL Network that Tom Terrific has more home playoff wins (17) than ALL the other QBs left in the playoffs have at home, on the road or neutral sites COMBINED. That really puts it in perspective how much they have won. But I am just so EFFING SICK of hearing about all things New England. Now when all the talking heads are breaking down the NE-TENN game, they go back to Dick LeBeau and his PIT years and how NE dominated LeBeau's defenses. Its like the Steelers are even playing in this game yet they find some way to take it back to NE vs PIT and how NE wins just about every game.

I guess that is why the game 3 weeks ago hurt so freakin bad. To know that for all practical purposes your team whipped Tom Terrific on the field but didnt win the game to put a stop to all this crap still gets to me and Im sure a lot of Steeler fans.

I know we are all pulling for TENN to somehow pull off a miracle and go to Punkborough, MA and win while our guys redeem themselves against JAX. FIrst and foremost, PIT has got to be focused and win what will be a tough tough game, but if we are fortunate enough to win tomorrow, I almost WANT to go play NE and play the beloved Patriots. The media worships NE cause they win all the time. The league loves them because it means ratings and ratings have slipped this year plus the league must feel guilty for suspending Tom Terrific because I have never seen a team benefit more from officiating both on the field and in the replay booth than the Patriots. Its like they have a guardian angel looking out for them so IF it appears that NE might be getting ready to lose, that angel sprinkles a little pixie dust and everything just works out for them. I was hoping BAL would get in the playoffs and get sent to NE because for whatever reason, they can go there and win. Their defense travels well and they would have a chance to give Brady problems but the guardian angel was looking out for NE and miraculously CIN scored on a 4th and 13 at the end of the last game of the regular season and BAL was eliminated.

So with all that said, I will ride with our boys if they play well enough to beat JAX and NE has everything work out for them tonight against TENN. A small part of me wants the "rematch." I know that might not be smart, but honestly I think we are the only team that can do it in the AFC, so if it works out that we get to go up there, maybe just maybe Keith Butler will figure out someway to double team Gronk instead of continually putting a little DB on him and watching him just play pitch and catch with Tom Terrific and the Good Guys can slay this dragon and be done with them.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:24 pm 

someone has PEIS 8-)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:40 pm 

I'm not going to pull for either team most likely. We play who we play.

Yes, it's SBI to host the AFCCG vs Titans.

I really want to see the Steelers Pats matchup though. I really want to see this game, more than I ever thought I would. I just think the buildup and the game would/could be epic.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:56 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

An ass kicking win that you describe like this may be as big as a SB win for me.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:57 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:

We can do that next year. NE and media will say it's Pats comeback year, redemption; beating Steelers will right the ship and we'll beat them.

Temps tonight in teens. TN is coming for Brady. If the hit that takes him out happens when the fans realize they're in a dog fight and it's quiet we might be able to hear his knee pop. No one told the titans they can't win. TN OL will push them around, Marcus is good and lucky. Don't know if theyll score enough to win, they will not be embarrassed. The Titans get born on national TV tonight. TN and their fan base is growing like wild.

Last edited by Old School Steeler on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:01 pm 

What is the fascination with going into Gillette and getting the monkey off our backs?

Fuck that. You people hoping for this can have it....me?

I’ll take Tenn at Pitt all day every day.

Makes no sense to root for a game at NE.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:09 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:
What is the fascination with going into Gillette and getting the monkey off our backs?

Pussy fan!

:D

Makes total sense depending on your perspective.

For those that want the Steelers to play the best, it's a no-brainer.

For those that merely want the easiest path to the SB, it is terrible / dumb thing to wish for.

So tired of Steelers playing second fiddle to NE. Totally prepared to be denied a SB trip if it means a chance for Ben to make it rain salty tears in Foxborough.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:20 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
BarryFoster wrote:

Pussy fan!

:D

Makes total sense depending on your perspective.

For those that want the Steelers to play the best, it's a no-brainer.

For those that merely want the easiest path to the SB, it is terrible / dumb thing to wish for.

So tired of Steelers playing second fiddle to NE. Totally prepared to be denied a SB trip if it means a chance for Ben to make it rain salty tears in Foxborough.

At the risk of offending some of you, and I don't really give a fuck if I offend the Professor, Still Lit.

If you're rooting for New England tonight, you're either NOT solidly on board with the Steelers quest for a 7th Lombardi Trophy, or you're a fuckin' idiot.

Let's see...do we want...
a. AFCCG at Heinz Field vs. Tennessee Titans, or...
b. AFCCG at that hellhole in Foxboro on Route 1, versus the league's best coach, arguably its best quarterback, its best tight end who we can never seem to cover for the whole game.

Again, anyone who REALLY prioritizes Steelers winning a Super Bowl this year, and chooses (b) above...is a fuckin' idiot.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:28 pm 

Hey Swiss, I get it.

You want the Steelers to hoist another Lombardi.

Me too.

But baby do I ever want the Steelers to beat those smug assholes from NE. I want that badly.

Of course you did not offend me because in terms of idiocy as you have framed it, my prior post does not commit me to it.

As far as not being "solidly on board," well, that's merely an assertion on your part. You provided no argument that shows why that particular conclusion must be accepted.

Your implied argument seems to be this:
Anyone who genuinely wants the Steelers to win a SB must also genuinely wish for the easiest path to that end.

But my dear Swiss, why does the antecedent follow with necessity from the consequent? You forgot to say.

Last edited by Still Lit on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:30 pm 

BarryFoster wrote:

A SB win beating NE along the way would be our greatest SB since the first one IMO -

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 810 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 33  Next