It is currently Thu Jul 19, 2018 5:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Brady Has Grown More Antsy In The Pocket
PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:33 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Brady's been less effective over the past month or so, off on his passes....is battling some injuries.

His best game? Against the Pittsburgh Steelers.

This may seem a little odd, but I've heard Brady say that he LOVES playing in Heinz Field, loves the venue, the energy, the excitement. Solely related to Brady....I'm hoping we see a less effective Brady in Foxboro.

I'm not being all the stuff about the league not allowing certain matchups. The Patriots certainly get some calls....but I don't think it's the point where it's determinitive.

I disagree. The calls/no calls they get are eerily right when they're needed.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:35 pm 

Ice wrote:
I can think of one call that was pretty determinative off the top of my head...

:evil:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:53 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Ice wrote:

First glance at the replay, I knew it was getting overturned.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 8:30 pm 

NFL is not controlling game winners, incompetent refs are but not intentionally. Simply bad calls.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:39 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:
Ice wrote:

First glance at the replay, I knew it was getting overturned.

Me too. I was cheering, and then I saw the replay and said "oh fuck."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:30 pm 

VASteelerGuy wrote:
NFL is not controlling game winners, incompetent refs are but not intentionally. Simply bad calls.

I don’t know about that. It looked like the dopes from ny overturned the call on the field by the refs that gave the patriots the win.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:33 pm 

Brady never liked getting hit so common sense says to hit him. Shortest path to a cement footed qb is up the middle. Would like to see Javon Hargrave wake up from his season long slumber and get a few shots on ‘ol Tom...assuming the Patriots win of course ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 10:35 pm 

VASteelerGuy wrote:

I don't know....that's their hand-picked Al Riveron doing most of it from NY. You'd THINK if for some reason he wasn't THE best, he'd at least be consistent.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:12 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Brady's been less effective over the past month or so, off on his passes....is battling some injuries.

This may seem a little odd, but I've heard Brady say that he LOVES playing in Heinz Field, loves the venue, the energy, the excitement. Solely related to Brady....I'm hoping we see a less effective Brady in Foxboro.

I'm not being all the stuff about the league not allowing certain matchups. The Patriots certainly get some calls....but I don't think it's the point where it's determinitive.

Did you see my post where the Patriots lead the league in penalty first downs per game, and are also last in giving up penalty first downs per game? That seems like it would be determinative.

Also, its impossible to reconcile the Cooks TD and the James non-TD. That strikes me as determinative.

I am not claiming there is a grand conspiracy. But just like superstars get all the calls in the NBA, the Pats get all of the calls in the NFL.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:17 am 

Zeke5123 wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

Did you see my post where the Patriots lead the league in penalty first downs per game, and are also last in giving up penalty first downs per game? That seems like it would be determinative.

Also, its impossible to reconcile the Cooks TD and the James non-TD. That strikes me as determinative.

I am not claiming there is a grand conspiracy. But just like superstars get all the calls in the NBA, the Pats get all of the calls in the NFL.

My answer to this is beat their fucking asses then!

Stop playing scared and shit atrocious defense when you play them. Somebody make some big plays on defense for a change. Attack the ball. Play man with zero zone sprinkled in (that’s how they jumped out to a quick lead in the Pittsburgh game). Attack the pass and make plays on the ball and if you don’t have guys on defense who can do that by now then tuck you Tomlin/Colbert/Rooney.

Jessse James - catch the damn ball all the way to the ground if you want to win. The devil is in the details.

I am through with the bullshit excuses with this team.

We have a chance to go on another run with this team while we still have Ben. I hope they play, coach and manage desperate to win the next 3 games.