It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: Round the League (only stuff we give a shit about)
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:52 pm 

KCSteeler wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Peters was a moron at UW. None of that surprises me.

I’d take him

I live in KC, you aren't paying attention. He tackles like a 78 year old woman with polio and he is a stupid fuck. Other than that, I agree with you.

I agree KCSteeler, he has that Deangelo Hall tackling syndrome - all he wants to do is try and strip the ball out, not actually tackle/hit someone. He also gets burnt pretty regularly, not that Artie hasn't recently. He's a hot-head, rogue DB imo, but Peters does get pics and PDs though, I'll give him that. I will say, his first year he was on good behavior it seemed, but now his true colors are showing. Maybe he should play for Cincy, would fit right in there, imo.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:55 pm 

Eric Berry covered for a lot of Peters' gambling. And Peters is leading the NFL in penalty yards, fwiw.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:07 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Rooting for injuries may be SBI, but it's not a Steelers Fan's Best Interest.

I guess it depends on the respective fan, Lit. Agreed?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:14 pm 

steelers just have to win the big game in Jan vs this pats

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:02 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

An argument for consideration that (tries to) avoids appealing to subjectivity.

The win is of objectively higher quality if the competition is objectively better.

Hence, beating teams playing at full strength are more quality wins.

Perhaps you only care about quantity of wins rather than quality.

But I would argue in terms of pleasure as well. The higher the quality, the higher the pleasure in the win.

There is a reason why beating the Pats would feel better than beating the Browns.

So in terms of quality and pleasure, your version of SBI possibly seeks the lesser good except in terms of quantity.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:16 pm 

Peters was a moron at UW. None of that surprises me.[/quote]
I’d take him[/quote]

I live in KC, you aren't paying attention. He tackles like a 78 year old woman with polio and he is a stupid fuck. Other than that, I agree with you.[/quote]

I agree KCSteeler, he has that Deangelo Hall tackling syndrome - all he wants to do is try and strip the ball out, not actually tackle/hit someone. He also gets burnt pretty regularly, not that Artie hasn't recently. He's a hot-head, rogue DB imo, but Peters does get pics and PDs though, I'll give him that. I will say, his first year he was on good behavior it seemed, but now his true colors are showing. Maybe he should play for Cincy, would fit right in there, imo.[/quote]

I agree with you completely. Here is another one for you, he is definitely a total douche. He is one of the few Chiefs players that has kneeled during the anthem citing racial issues and dirty cops. The local chief of police has reached out to Peters on three separate occasions to meet, to discuss issues in the city and figure out a way for the two of them to work together as leaders in the community. Peters ignored each call and has made no effort to get in touch with him. That tells me a lot about how important this issue is to him. He’s a selfish punk, I want no part of him in black and gold.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:43 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

An argument for consideration that (tries to) avoids appealing to subjectivity.

The win is of objectively higher quality if the competition is objectively better.

Hence, beating teams playing at full strength are more quality wins.

Perhaps you only care about quantity of wins rather than quality.

But I would argue in terms of pleasure as well. The higher the quality, the higher the pleasure in the win.

There is a reason why beating the Pats would feel better than beating the Browns.

So in terms of quality and pleasure, your version of SBI possibly seeks the lesser good except in terms of quantity.

I would argue that in terms of beating the Patriots, the ONLY relevant issue is one of quantity. If the quantity is one Steelers win, will be quite pleasurable. If the quantity is zero Steeler wins, will be a distinct absence of pleasure.

It's no more complicated than that, Lit.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:02 pm 

Those who pursue pleasures of higher quality are subject to disappointments of a greater extent.

Comes down to it, I'm a man of quality.

But I think objectively the win means more if the opposing team is at full strength. I couldn't help but notice that you did not dispute that point.

Seems to me that your SBI does indeed seek a lower quality pleasure for the fan.

My aim as a fan is not to avoid pain. Bring on the Pats full strength.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:13 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Those who pursue pleasures of higher quality are subject to disappointments of a greater extent.

But I think objectively the win means more if the opposing team is at full strength. I couldn't help but notice that you did not dispute that point.

Seems to me that your SBI does indeed seek a lower quality pleasure for the fan.

I actually do dispute the point. Never heard any of the '76 Raiders suggesting their AFCCG win over the Steelers was somehow less fulfilling because Franco and Rocky didn't play.

I will cede, as I suggested earlier, that it depends on the fan. Some fans are bothered by others suggesting that their team's win meant less due to injuries to the opposition. Not me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:17 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
Still Lit wrote:

I actually do dispute the point. Never heard any of the '76 Raiders suggesting their AFCCG win over the Steelers was somehow less fulfilling because Franco and Rocky didn't play.

I will cede, as I suggested earlier, that it depends on the fan. Some fans are bothered by others suggesting that their team's win meant less due to injuries to the opposition. Not me.

Ok, what's your dispute? A win against players of better quality is a better quality win. What are you disputing about that?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next