It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6136
R S wrote:
i with ya swiss, its ruining my sports talk radio. They have been doing HOURS of show on Eli's benching. It's ridiculous.


Honest to God, RS, I know we all love Eli, he's a standup guy, model citizen, Giants front office are assholes, blah, blah, blah.

But hell....playoffs are soon upon us, and the headlines of the NFL Network shows, talk shows, etc. center on the benching of a QB of a 2-9 team.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 8:19 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2014 10:07 am
Posts: 164
swissvale72 wrote:
R S wrote:
i with ya swiss, its ruining my sports talk radio. They have been doing HOURS of show on Eli's benching. It's ridiculous.


Honest to God, RS, I know we all love Eli, he's a standup guy, model citizen, Giants front office are assholes, blah, blah, blah.

But hell....playoffs are soon upon us, and the headlines of the NFL Network shows, talk shows, etc. center on the benching of a QB of a 2-9 team.


Playoffs? Don't talk about—playoffs?! You kidding me? Playoffs?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:24 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:43 pm
Posts: 3291
you put in Webb and see what you have before this draft.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:18 pm
Posts: 3596
Location: Sunny Delaware (but the murdery part)
swissvale72 wrote:
R S wrote:
i with ya swiss, its ruining my sports talk radio. They have been doing HOURS of show on Eli's benching. It's ridiculous.


Honest to God, RS, I know we all love Eli, he's a standup guy, model citizen, Giants front office are assholes, blah, blah, blah.

But hell....playoffs are soon upon us, and the headlines of the NFL Network shows, talk shows, etc. center on the benching of a QB of a 2-9 team.


The top thread on the main page is a thread bitching about too many people bitching about Eli getting benched.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6136
Ice wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
R S wrote:
i with ya swiss, its ruining my sports talk radio. They have been doing HOURS of show on Eli's benching. It's ridiculous.


Honest to God, RS, I know we all love Eli, he's a standup guy, model citizen, Giants front office are assholes, blah, blah, blah.

But hell....playoffs are soon upon us, and the headlines of the NFL Network shows, talk shows, etc. center on the benching of a QB of a 2-9 team.


The top thread on the main page is a thread bitching about too many people bitching about Eli getting benched.


Sounds like you should be more selective about the threads you frequent, Ice.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:26 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 8177
swissvale72 wrote:
Ice wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
But hell....playoffs are soon upon us, and the headlines of the NFL Network shows, talk shows, etc. center on the benching of a QB of a 2-9 team.


The top thread on the main page is a thread bitching about too many people bitching about Eli getting benched.


Sounds like you should be more selective about the threads you frequent, Ice.


Swiss: too much coverage about Eli, who cares.

Ice: but Swiss you started a thread about something you're saying people are talking too much about

Swiss: Ice you don't have to read my threads

Me: Swiss, if you don't like all the talk about Eli, then switch the channel.

Given your advice to posters to avoid threads started by you that you do not like, there is not a small amount of irony in you complaining about too much attention to Eli's benching. No one is forcing you to pay attention to it.

Unless I am mistaken, which I often am, that is Ice's point?

_________________
Frank Sinatra, Jr. 'Black Night'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdwl7X6Jruo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:31 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:34 am
Posts: 4898
swiss may enjoy a myriad of sports talk shows on his commute like me. Those shows have been dominated by Eli news for 2 days. ESPN rsdio, NFL radio, mad dog sports, fox sports. Just dominated. I guess I could just listen to music. But I like my sports talk son.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6136
R S wrote:
swiss may enjoy a myriad of sports talk shows on his commute like me. Those shows have been dominated by Eli news for 2 days. ESPN rsdio, NFL radio, mad dog sports, fox sports. Just dominated. I guess I could just listen to music. But I like my sports talk son.



That's exactly right. The apt comparison would be if every OP on this forum was on Eli. The reader is able to scan this forum, choose to read any of a variety of topics. Not so with the sports talk shows, NFLN Total Access etc., ....all Eli all the time.

Professor needs to enroll in Honors Mumbo-Jumbo.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 8177
swissvale72 wrote:
R S wrote:
swiss may enjoy a myriad of sports talk shows on his commute like me. Those shows have been dominated by Eli news for 2 days. ESPN rsdio, NFL radio, mad dog sports, fox sports. Just dominated. I guess I could just listen to music. But I like my sports talk son.



That's exactly right. The apt comparison would be if every OP on this forum was on Eli. The reader is able to scan this forum, choose to read any of a variety of topics. Not so with the sports talk shows, NFLN Total Access etc., ....all Eli all the time.

Professor needs to enroll in Honors Mumbo-Jumbo.


I don't think so, Swiss. RS does not give the advice you do to ignore what does not interest you, so he commits no gross irony here. You on the other hand are choosing to complain about something you could easily choose to ignore. Simple and obvious.

Edit: I will also add that I give no fucks about this. At all. I was attempting to articulate what I took to be the point of Ice's response to you.

_________________
Frank Sinatra, Jr. 'Black Night'
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jdwl7X6Jruo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Who Gives a Fuck about Eli
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:18 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:52 pm
Posts: 6136
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
R S wrote:
swiss may enjoy a myriad of sports talk shows on his commute like me. Those shows have been dominated by Eli news for 2 days. ESPN rsdio, NFL radio, mad dog sports, fox sports. Just dominated. I guess I could just listen to music. But I like my sports talk son.



That's exactly right. The apt comparison would be if every OP on this forum was on Eli. The reader is able to scan this forum, choose to read any of a variety of topics. Not so with the sports talk shows, NFLN Total Access etc., ....all Eli all the time.

Professor needs to enroll in Honors Mumbo-Jumbo.


I don't think so, Swiss. RS does not give the advice you do to ignore what does not interest you, so he commits no gross irony here. You on the other hand are choosing to complain about something you could easily choose to ignore. Simple and obvious.

Edit: I will also add that I give no fucks about this. At all. I was attempting to articulate what I took to be the point of Ice's response to you.


Gotta ask, Lit...is gross irony a technical component of the philosopher's lexicon, similar to material weakness for an auditor, or is it your independent assessment of my indictment of Ice's post.

You're right that I could choose to ignore, go to music or to NPR, but the frustration is in knowing that there is so much football material, interesting to me, that could be discussed, but it's nowhere to be found. Not so when it comes to the choosing of threads on this esteemed website. One fairly consistently has choices ranging from technical articles about two-high safeties, to extraneous bullshit, such as best pizza in Pittsburgh or NYC.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group