It is currently Sun Dec 10, 2017 8:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: What Pats fans are saying
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 12:57 pm 

B2B, Mad Respect for you sir. I could not agree any more. The pats are pompous. Starting with their owner to HC then hemorrhaging down into the players all the way through to the groundskeepers and fans. Gritty, edgy and greedy capitalizing winners at all costs. They are eclectic. Invent new ways to hate them and their successes. Making it look easy and sustainable. They are poor winners. Smug, smarmy and facetious. Fuck you all we're better than anyone and we won't allow anyone near our success. Doing it year in and year out. The worst part of the whole thing? They'll be immortalized in Canton one day. Even though there are asterisks next to some of their SuperBowl winning seasons.
They are everything most Steelers' teams are not. Consistent winners in games, period. Whether the team(s) they face are above .500 or below .500 moreover, they don't attract negative attention to themselves through immature, selfish, self centered, pretentious and diva entitled antics like Steelers players are allowed to do. If a cheat player goes that route they are quickly dispatched.
Now I couldn't hate any one team any more than I do the cheats. That's after surviving the whiners through the 80's (here in California) and the crybitches in the 90's. That said, I think I hate them more because they are simply winners whether I agree with their process or not. The biggest reason is..., I hate that they often win consistently every season with players we've never heard of until they're on the field producing like all pros. I hate them more because there doesn't seem to be another NFL team to stop/defeat them on their journey with any consistency. I hate them more because they are The consistent Steeler Destroyers in any scenario presented. Home field or visiting. I hate them because their fan base is the Most insufferable as any douchecanoe fan base could be. Most of all I hate them because they are just One SuperBowl away from tying this great franchise I love unconditionally. Frustrating... Infuriating... Humbling.
Tomlin's Steelers have yet to decidedly defeat them on their turf (2011 don't count by my standard) and consistently beat them on our turf. Tomlin has yet to reign in his players and establish the Steelers as the dynasty to emulate. So because of that the consistently winning cheats are that dynasty most want to emulate. All the stat keepers and historians are all on the cheats bandwagon. Until Tomlin's Steelers defeat the cheats 'consistently' he and his teams are nothing more than a ne'er-do-well. They will always say..., Tomlin's teams were pretty-good but could never beat the nefarious pats, when it truly mattered. Or at all!
Instead we've had to enjoy that success through vicarious means watching other franchises defeat them. Giants, Ravens, Chiefs and Broncos. I'm tired as a Steelers fan of this unfulfilling reality. I want to see the Steelers 'themselves' smash the pats everytime they play. I do realize that may never happen. /Rant

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:18 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Kindly move this thread to the dustbin.......

Let's discuss it again in the offseason

Beth, I gotta tell you....all due respect, if I had to make a list of Shit I Hate on this esteemed website, it's when posters ask for threads to be locked, moved, deleted. Simple alternative....don't like it, don't fuckin' read it!!

No offense intended.

None taken Swiss

All good

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:19 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Suwanee88 wrote:
Oh yes, the game where LeBeau changed his entire defensive game plan, it worked and then Tomlin never used it again??? Fucking insanity.

In order to pull that off, you need the pass rushers and you need the man to man cover guys, and I'm not sure we've had that since 2011, but I'm hoping we have them this year.

I think Cortez Allen was on Gronk that day-

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:34 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

Beth, I gotta tell you....all due respect, if I had to make a list of Shit I Hate on this esteemed website, it's when posters ask for threads to be locked, moved, deleted. Simple alternative....don't like it, don't fuckin' read it!!

No offense intended.

This^

And B2B, shame on you for trying to deflect the real conversation here and drown it out by inciting another maniacal race riot.

That was a real asshole move, with all due respect...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:13 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Quote:
The difference will be the Pats are smarter. Pats are talented, smart and humble. The Steelers are very talented,arrogant and dumb.

Do any of you asshats actually believe that the Pats are more humble than the Steelers? That the Pats as an organization from top to bottom are not re-writing the record books for arrogant?

This is bizarro world over here.

Besides, that dude is basically just saying the Pats will win because they have more white guys. #stereotypes

Wow! You read into it that the guy is racist! Hilarious. You do a better job being a Tomlin apologist. You should stick with that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:18 pm 

Great post '77. From Anthony Smith to Facebook Live! it's been the same stupid shit from Tomlin's Steelers. Happened during Cowher's time, too. Belichick laughed at both.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:36 pm 

"Humble" is not a word I associate with the Patriots.

I'm thinking about a prime time game in Pittsburgh. The Pats are blowing out the Steelers, Brady scores a TD himself and spikes the football with great histrionics.

Humble.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:41 pm 

Steeledge wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:

No offense intended.

This^

And B2B, shame on you for trying to deflect the real conversation here and drown it out by inciting another maniacal race riot.

That was a real asshole move, with all due respect...

This may be the most ironic post of all time.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:28 am 

Poltargyst wrote:

I'm thinking about a prime time game in Pittsburgh. The Pats are blowing out the Steelers, Brady scores a TD himself and spikes the football with great histrionics.

Humble.

They're humble leading up to the game. They don't say shit. They let the opposing team do that, and more than likely, the Steelers pull something stupid like AB's Facebook Live. Or Anthony Smith's "guarantee" of a victory. You know it, and I know it - the Steelers just can't keep their mouths shut. Especially with a loud-mouth like Pal Joey Porter on the coaching staff. The Patriots save their trash talking for game day. Usually after they have pummeled the opponent. Wouldn't it be nice for ONCE for the Steelers to do it that way?!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:35 am 

Obviously wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:

Humble.

They're humble leading up to the game. They don't say shit. They let the opposing team do that, and more than likely, the Steelers pull something stupid like AB's Facebook Live. Or Anthony Smith's "guarantee" of a victory. You know it, and I know it - the Steelers just can't keep their mouths shut. Especially with a loud-mouth like Pal Joey Porter on the coaching staff. The Patriots save their trash talking for game day. Usually after they have pummeled the opponent. Wouldn't it be nice for ONCE for the Steelers to do it that way?!

Yes

All I want for Christmas

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 53 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next