It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 11:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: sackorpick files grievance
PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:53 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Tundralag wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Packers are retards, giving their season away if they don't sign him, dumb ass fans can wave their stupid little flags and say God Bless America, but Kapaernick is way better than that nobody kid from UCLA, are you really RETARDED enough to willingly lose games to honor a stupid song?

In a word YES..

Stupid for you because I am sure you never served or lost anyone close in a conflict..

But hey we fought and bled and died so you can have your voice.

Football has nothing to do with flags, anthems, soldiers or wars. Football games are the equivalent of sitcoms or rock concerts, no more important or sacred. They shouldn't even play the anthem there, like they don't play it before a movie. And we'd still have these games even if there had been no wars, we could of skipped every war since WW2 and we'd still be free to have the games, just like the LOSERS of wars, like Germany or Japan, or Iraq still have their games. So soldiers didn't "allow" us to be free to have football games, North Korea has football games, Cuba has one of the best baseball leagues in the world, supposedly they aren't free. Football games are just ENTERTAINMENT, nothing more, has nothing to do with soldiers. And you don't know me, I have had relatives that served. In fact I was going to serve, but before signing up, I got something I wanted instead, a good job, so I passed on the lesser opportunity, Still, entertainment like football has no relationship with soldiers, flags and anthems, they need to be separated,

Ok that stings a little..
but on the larger issue I agree. I was very happy to see the majority of the games not showing any pre game stuff... I would be happy if the talking heads kept spewing there bs right up to kickoff..
all I am saying if there going to have the pregame hoopla, then do the right thing..
When it comes down to it... I wish the NFL would just play the game commercial free... then instead of the halftime bs we got 20 minutes of commercials..
would be a nice break.. Just football.. I also believe the networks are making this situation worse than it needs to be by pointing it out and talking endlessly about it..
cut the camera.. cut the bs and just play the damn game..
but that's just me..

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 am 

KC wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
Nick79 wrote:
Packers are retards, giving their season away if they don't sign him, dumb ass fans can wave their stupid little flags and say God Bless America, but Kapaernick is way better than that nobody kid from UCLA, are you really RETARDED enough to willingly lose games to honor a stupid song?

The 2 QB's the Packers have behind AR are better than Colin Sackorpick. He's done as a player, DONE

What have the 2 QB's behind Rodgers done to prove they are better than Kaepernick?

They're heads are in the game

Gb has invested time in both of them

Sackorpick's head is not in the game.....his grandstanding as his game eroded so far is a typical cancer.....he was not a good pro as pros go.

If he had a brain, he would have retired already or gone to play in CFL

PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:34 am 

Hundley has a bit of a pedigree (though better athlete than passer at UCLA), and was drafted reasonably high in his class, and he's been in the GB system for three years. It's GB. They draft and develop their own talent. They weren't going to sign anybody from outside the organization. It's not what they do. If the Steelers had a catastrophic Ben injury, I'd bet a tenner that Laundry Jones goes the rest of the way, barring catastrophe of some sort.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:25 am 

Let's say Kaepernick can still play, and can learn a team's system rapidly....you might not like the comparison, but it's similar to Ray Rice in that not one of these owners is going to make the decision to bring this guy into their franchise, into their city, and further risk the impact on the fan base. That's why it's unlikely there's collusion. NONE of these owners needed to consult with anyone to know that signing this guy would not be good for biz.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 7:51 am 

swissvale72 wrote:
Let's say Kaepernick can still play, and can learn a team's system rapidly....you might not like the comparison, but it's similar to Ray Rice in that not one of these owners is going to make the decision to bring this guy into their franchise, into their city, and further risk the impact on the fan base. That's why it's unlikely there's collusion. NONE of these owners needed to consult with anyone to know that signing this guy would not be good for biz.

And of course what is really pathetic is that more people got more worked up over CK's antics than over RR straight closed fist punching a woman. People are often so dumb. Wut?!? CK didn't stand for the anthem AND he wore a Castro t shirt!?!? I'm done with the NFL!!!! RR punched a woman? Damn, he's done.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:41 am 

Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

And of course what is really pathetic is that more people got more worked up over CK's antics than over RR straight closed fist punching a woman. People are often so dumb. Wut?!? CK didn't stand for the anthem AND he wore a Castro t shirt!?!? I'm done with the NFL!!!! RR punched a woman? Damn, he's done.

There was plenty of rage about RR. But there weren't protests standing up for him by players, every weekend after for eternity to remind us of what RR did.

i agree with Swiss. As is the mantra of most NFL players. It's all about the money. Get Paid. and all that jazz. Owners too. No collusion needed to know that as an owner, your team ain't getting paid as much when you bring in that circus.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:45 am 

I saw a Sunday morning show where this was being discussed. One of the panel was a business man who put it best. He said that if he is brought onto a team it becomes about him and what he will do on Sunday, ect, ect. It is a distraction to the team and bad for business.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 11:46 pm 

jebrick wrote:
I saw a Sunday morning show where this was being discussed. One of the panel was a business man who put it best. He said that if he is brought onto a team it becomes about him and what he will do on Sunday, ect, ect. It is a distraction to the team and bad for business.

Exactly. If Kaepernick was a Pro Bowl caliber player, some team would have had picked him up a while ago.

Instead, he’s, at best, a mediocre player, and probably below that, even, and not worth the hassle or the PR nightmare he’d bring.

He’s not going to turn GB into a contender, but he damn sure could potentially cost the Packers some ticket/merchandise sales. Why would a business risk that?

This is like the Steelers keeping James Harrison after his domerstic violence accusation, yet cutting Cedric Wilson the second they caught wind of his accusation.

Teams will sign players with baggage when the positive outweighs the negative. Kaepernick’s ratio of good to bad doesn’t come close to that point.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 7:41 am 

R S wrote:
Still Lit wrote:
swissvale72 wrote:

There was plenty of rage about RR. But there weren't protests standing up for him by players, every weekend after for eternity to remind us of what RR did.

i agree with Swiss. As is the mantra of most NFL players. It's all about the money. Get Paid. and all that jazz. Owners too. No collusion needed to know that as an owner, your team ain't getting paid as much when you bring in that circus.

The reaction to RR punching his woman was nothing like that to the anthem-kneeling business. Not even close. People are actually boycotting the NFL over it. It is absurd that people should be more outraged by anthem-kneeling than actual domestic violence. And of course, there is on-going domestic violence every day.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 8:12 am 

Tough to legislate peoples' emotionality, Lit. Trump, much as I hate to give the douchebag credit for anything, knows he has a winning issue on this one. It's just what we do as Americans....anthem plays, we stand at attention.

None of these owners are going to bring this guy, risk further alienation of their fan base, their local law enforcement agencies, and ultimately, their business interests.

And the comparison to RR isn't one of relative outrage....it involved individual owners making the same business decision. They weren't bringing RR in either, due to effect it would have on their business.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next