It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: NFL advertisers nervous
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 5:17 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
I think the ratings were going down anyway. The whole anthem thing didn't help. It's was like puncturing another hole in the Titanic...it was gonna sink anyway so what's a few more gallons of water?

It's too bad CBA negotiations aren't around the corner (2020?). It would be really fun to watch if the NFL would stipulate protesting and fines, and whether the players would be principled enough to walk out over it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:00 pm 

I've been surprised how many people iv'e come across in day to day life that say they are done for the season with the NFL. People i'd have never expected. Just anecdotal. I know one thing though, the NFL isn't gaining any fans for those that support the protest. The only move they have is what they are doing, from a business perspective. Now, they had other options early on but ignored them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 10:06 pm 

R S wrote:
I've been surprised how many people iv'e come across in day to day life that say they are done for the season with the NFL. People i'd have never expected. Just anecdotal. I know one thing though, the NFL isn't gaining any fans for those that support the protest. The only move they have is what they are doing, from a business perspective. Now, they had other options early on but ignored them.

Same here, RS. My brother is one of those that haven't watched since the Bears game. Another is Jack Lambert 58 of this site.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:34 am 

Cool, hopefully the NFL goes away and people will have more time to watch horrific reality TV.

Like the cocksucker's old show, The Apprentice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:19 am 

Apprentice reruns sure would do a lot of triggering, sending many to their safe spaces. Even men and women crying and fearing for their lives I would presume.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:15 am 

R S wrote:
Even men and women crying and fearing for their lives I would presume.
Give it some time. It won't take apprentice re-runs for that. Maybe nuclear war or another idiotic conflict costing trillions of dollars.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:08 pm 

the NFL has neutered the game and ignored its base to branch out to casual fans ... sound familiar ;) that is usually a short game
they forgot its just a game and there are many things to do with ones sunday.
and I do believe that the dislike of roger goodell -- his smarminess and reality tv marketing schemes -- has harmed perception of the NFL.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:12 pm 

SteelerChef wrote:
Kodiak wrote:

I think the bump/growth from fantasy football is tapering off from its peak. I also think the overall product where teams struggle to play defense and refs have huge impacts on games is hurting.

I agree with this.

Unfortunately I think the nfl response rather than solidify their base will further dilute and weaken things.

The game is a complete shambles for those of us who grew up watching it. The rules are unknown nebulous and open to vast interpretation. The refs impact games and outcomes more than the coaches and players. Every inch of everything surrounding the game beyond the 60 minutes on the field is contemptable and cheap.

If i wasnt addicted i wouldve gladly walked away years ago. So wouldve everyone else here if they were honest. We are all addicted. They can cut the game with ajax and all us would wait in line til the end of the week for one more game.

All these new fans dont really give a rats ass either way....but....they can walk away so they drive the nfl status quo....

The nfl is the only industry i can think of that
used up its entire natural fan base and was forced to make concessions to gather more outside consumers amd keep growing

Just when I think I can 't take on more post from you, you put this out there.

I agree with this!