It is currently Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:24 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: MNF
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 10:12 pm 

The Vikings are toast next week.

Because Tomlin.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:33 pm 

What's the most points ever scored by both teams combined at Heinz Field? We're about to challenge that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:37 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
What's the most points ever scored by both teams combined at Heinz Field? We're about to challenge that.

Pure guess off the top of my mind, the Steelers vs the Vick led Falcons that ended in a tie has to be way up there?

Steelers packers as well with the GW laser from Ben to Wallace with no time on the clock also way up there id guess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:31 am 

Yes, it is the first game, but look at who are the top two rushers in the NFL thus far.

They are not Adrian Peterson and Jamaal Charles. No, instead they are two rookies drafted to be the future and that future is now. Their teams are not afraid to draft a young RB and play him from day one and EXPECT production. In Pittsburgh we have fans that say it would be IMPOSSIBLE to just let Bell leave and draft a rookie RB and expect him to be any good.

The KC Chiefs moved on from Charles, they drafted Kareem Hunt in round 3 (86th). He leads the NFL in rushing with 148 yards. The Vikings moved on from Peterson, they drafted Dalvin Cook in round 2 (41st). Cook is second in rushing in the NFL with 127 yards.

Yes, it is that damn easy to move on, to replace a Peterson, a Charles and when the time comes, even a Leveon Bell.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:02 am 
I cant ever recall hearing anyone ever say that about RB for the Steelers....

But by all means.....carry on

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:31 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

You really think our offense is going to contribute much to a record like that?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:02 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Steelers vs GB 38-31

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:26 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

2014 vs. Colts

Final was 51-34

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:12 am 

I think it's a home game, so the Steelers will play less conservatively on offense, and it's likely that will result in more points, especially vs a defense with an injured Xavier Rhodes and PI machine Trey Waynes.

Our defense is going to get shredded by Minnesota, unless there are some mammoth changes in personnel. We have no answer for Theilen. None.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:14 am 

Burns on Diggs, Shaz on Rudolph, Watt after the passer. The rest of the guys need to show up and not miss tackles like the last time we played Minnesota.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:25 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
I think it's a home game, so the Steelers will play less conservatively on offense, and it's likely that will result in more points, especially vs a defense with an injured Xavier Rhodes and PI machine Trey Waynes.

Our defense is going to get shredded by Minnesota, unless there are some mammoth changes in personnel. We have no answer for Theilen. None.

I though Theilen was a ham'n egger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:28 am 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

Under is the play this year.

It's gonna take Vegas 3-4 more weeks to adjust that the Steelers aren't an elite offense.

-7 is too much. It's going to get bet down and end up right in the Vegas zone which basically means they don't have a clue what will happen. Wouldn't shock me if we struggle big time to score next Sunday and the Vikes beat our ass.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:30 am 

Not to change the subject, but apparently Tony Romo knows what he's doing in the broadcast booth:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:31 am 

R S wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Playing like a man possessed right now. He and Bradford have that AB/Ben radar going.

I never pooh poohed Thielen-- I didn't even know who he was coming out. I even watched some of his college games and didn't know who he was.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:36 am 

TB wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Under is the play this year.

It's gonna take Vegas 3-4 more weeks to adjust that the Steelers aren't an elite offense.

-7 is too much. It's going to get bet down and end up right in the Vegas zone which basically means they don't have a clue what will happen. Wouldn't shock me if we struggle big time to score next Sunday and the Vikes beat our ass.

Although I wouldn't be entirely surprised with that result-- the Steelers are at home, and they call a completely different game at home, especially coming off that bullshit.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:41 am 

You would think we'd open it up more, but who knows with these guys.

Nothing would surprise me. I mean, just look last year at the difference in Philly then back home against K.C.

I do think Thielan gets 100+ yards easily.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 am 

R S wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

Thielen has turned into a stud. He runs a 4.45 forty, 6'1", is 208 lbs., has great hands and has really worked on his craft. The way he's playing right now, he would easily be WR2 on our team.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:58 am 

Pabst wrote:
Not to change the subject, but apparently Tony Romo knows what he's doing in the broadcast booth:

Well, more than Rex Ryan and Sergio Dipp anyway... :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:03 pm 

Pabst wrote:

I can't wait until he does a Steeler game.

"WR Screen coming"

"Tony, what did you see there?"

"Well it's Todd Haley, I mean... it's not like he's going to do anything else"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:41 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:

What makes you think the Steelers' offense will keep up? The Vikings defense is far better than the Clowns.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:51 pm 

Obviously wrote:
bradshaw2ben wrote:

What makes you think the Steelers' offense will keep up? The Vikings defense is far better than the Clowns.

No, it isn't. I think the Browns are on the verge of being pretty good. Vikings have a few really good players on D, but they have problems vs the run and their CBs are either bad or hurt. Everson Griffin is a beast but I think you can work around that.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:54 pm 

Vikings got after the QB pretty good
Which means
Runs ups the middle, screens and things of that nature