It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: OT - Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games!
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:00 pm 

Steelcody36 wrote:
Lynch wrote:
Dude, the fucking guys name is Ezekiel.. Are you surprised?

That is a Jew name, correct Lynch?

Also a decent bread.

Also first name of chief counsel for the ADL

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:51 am 

RemoAZ wrote:
I haven't followed this story but I HATE the Cowboys so fuck them.

Yep, and you know that fan base was doing cartwheels back in 2010 when the same shit happened to Ben.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:41 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
How hard is it to go your entire life without getting charged with domestic violence?

When you hear a guy say, "I would never strike a woman," it's really just saying, "I'm meeting the bare minimum for not being a piece of human garbage."

You hear about it, seemingly, almost every week. How is it so prevalent in the NFL?

53 * 32 = 1664 players (not counting practice squad. If 0.5% of players commit domestic violence annually, that would be roughly 8 players. Not sure it is that prevalent...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 12:42 pm 

TB wrote:
NFL continuing to whore itself out to building an audience of women. Elliott was never charged by police, and there's evidence of his girlfriend asking a witness to lie to the police. Six games and untold millions of millions of future dollars lost. But hey, let's keep all the "Who has the craziest beard?!" and shirtless Gronk segments coming ESPN/NFL.

Perhaps unpopular opinion, but it seems odd to me the extreme hatred for D/V over other crimes committed -- some of them which seem to my mind much worse.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 1:04 pm 

RemoAZ wrote:

I agree for the same reason you stated, but if I cared to look deeper into this it seems that the young man was never charged with anything, that the injuries were look at by an examiner and could not have been in the time frame she accused him of as they were at least a week older and the person that was with her, not him said she was a liar and was trying to get money. Again not making an argument for or against, but I do wonder if over -reaction in the media is unfair to both the accused and persons that are actually victims of domestic violence.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:08 pm 

TB wrote:
NFL continuing to whore itself out to building an audience of women. Elliott was never charged by police, and there's evidence of his girlfriend asking a witness to lie to the police. Six games and untold millions of millions of future dollars lost. But hey, let's keep all the "Who has the craziest beard?!" and shirtless Gronk segments coming ESPN/NFL.

Winner winner chicken dinner
Bizarro Football League BFL

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:26 pm 

Domestic violence is abhorrent. The evidence against Elliot, however, not only doesn't satisfy a reasonable doubt standard, it doesn't satisfy even probable cause. The NFL is cynical as hell, and decided to assign a completely inappropriate penalty, assuming that an arbitrator will overturn it. It's cowardly beyond belief.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 12:45 pm 

Quote:
Elliott was subject to the league's personal conduct policy for allegedly breaking the nose of a DJ at a Dallas nightclub. The NFL looked into the case, but couldn't come to any conclusions. For now, it sounds like Elliott has avoided further suspension. Elliott is still facing potential discipline for his St. Patrick's Day incident. http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/112 ... el-elliott
When you've got two to three other cases pending with the off the field issues there has to be an intervention. Sure there were no charges 'officially' filed from law enforcement for the DV. When you look at the incidents he has been participant in since you start to think, hey, where there's smoke....This guy definitely isn't establishing a good reputation for himself. So as far as I'm concerned everything he is dealing with is due to stupidity and by default self inflicted.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:23 pm 

robyotter wrote:
RemoAZ wrote:

I agree for the same reason you stated, but if I cared to look deeper into this it seems that the young man was never charged with anything, that the injuries were look at by an examiner and could not have been in the time frame she accused him of as they were at least a week older and the person that was with her, not him said she was a liar and was trying to get money. Again not making an argument for or against, but I do wonder if over -reaction in the media is unfair to both the accused and persons that are actually victims of domestic violence.

I heard Stephan A. Smith this morning compare the Elliot suspension with Big Ben. He said that the NFL suspended Roethlisberger because he was a star and impugned on the league reputation. For Elliot, he says it seems to be a assignment of guilt. Compare these with Josh Brown who's wife complained to the police 20 times before his 1 game suspension. Smith pointed out that there seems to be a preponderance of evidence from back in January to Elliot's guilt and wonders why it tool the NFL so long.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:31 pm 

Obviously wrote:
RemoAZ wrote:

Yep, and you know that fan base was doing cartwheels back in 2010 when the same shit happened to Ben.

Why?

The Steelers/Cowboys rivalry was decades ago.

No one in that fan base probably cares about the Steelers anymore.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next