It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: OT - Ezekiel Elliott suspended 6 games!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:29 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Obviously wrote:
RemoAZ wrote:
I haven't followed this story but I HATE the Cowboys so fuck them.

Yep, and you know that fan base was doing cartwheels back in 2010 when the same shit happened to Ben.

Why?

The Steelers/Cowboys rivalry was decades ago.

No one in that fan base probably cares about the Steelers anymore.

Not true at all, Jeemie

I'm here in DFW.

They dislike their division rivals more, but outside the division there is no team they dislike more than the Steelers.

Those old enough to experience the 70's passed it down to their kids.

I would characterize it as more of a friendly dislike now. But make no mistake it's real.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:44 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
This guy definitely isn't establishing a good reputation for himself. So as far as I'm concerned everything he is dealing with is due to stupidity and by default self inflicted.
I guess you could have said the same about BR. But I'm guessing he'll still be paid handsomely regardless for C#2.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 3:51 pm 

The difference between the two are vast. Ben wasn't in trouble in the rookie year of his career. This elliott dude is a douchenozzle and overrated. For the record Ten, I did say the same about Ben when he was doing his stupid college girl bullshit. All self inflicted. Ben grew up before it was too late.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:36 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
The difference between the two are vast. Ben wasn't in trouble in the rookie year of his career. This elliott dude is a douchenozzle and overrated. For the record Ten, I did say the same about Ben when he was doing his stupid college girl bullshit. All self inflicted. Ben grew up before it was too late.

He may be a POS woman beater, but the dude isn't overrated. He was a man among boys in college, and was still a man among boys last season as a rookie. Great OL or not, Zeke is already a top 5 RB. The Steelers lost to em last year because they couldn't stop Elliot.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:11 pm 

The Steelers lost to the team of players not just a RB that dipped into a whole the size of the Red Sea after it was already parted. Very overrated IMO. Agree to disagree. They couldn't stop Dez Bryant or Dak Prescott either. Boys couldn't stop Ben or AB. http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201611131 ... e=boxscore

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:05 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
Obviously wrote:
RemoAZ wrote:
I haven't followed this story but I HATE the Cowboys so fuck them.

Yep, and you know that fan base was doing cartwheels back in 2010 when the same shit happened to Ben.

Why?

The Steelers/Cowboys rivalry was decades ago.

No one in that fan base probably cares about the Steelers anymore.

Rivalry or no, I hate everything Dallas Cowboys. America's team? Horse shit. Funny how they win a few games and all the closet Cowboys fans here come out and show themselves. I hate them more than Baltimore, Cleveland and Cinci combined. My second favorite team is whoever is playing the Cowboys. Yeah that loss last year was worse then the final playoff loss to me even though I knew our horrid defense was going to give it up at the end. Rational? Who cares. Fuck the Cowboys.

Howard Griffith had to resort to chop-blocking him during the 1997 AFC Championship Game. An incredulous Kirkland asked “Why do you have to use cheap tactics like chop-blocking?” Griffith replied by asking, “Why do you have to be a 300-pound linebacker?”

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:40 am 

I have to laugh at the talking heads for this crap. They act like the NFL is assigning guilt to the domestic violence charges. Realizing that the Cowboys and Elliot have to try to push against it, no one talks about the labor law that they are up against. The judges do not care if Elliot did it or not. They care if the NFL office followed the procedures in the CBA. The NFL does not really care if Elliot did it or not. They care about protecting the shield.