It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Raiders
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 11:30 am 

Old School Steeler wrote:
Necessary move. $450 billion in debt, the state has been run by corrupt thieves that have destroyed cities like Oakland and pockets of SF, once were jewel towns. Explosive growth in Phoenix Denver Vegas Nashville powered in part by people & companies fleeing CA. Taxes are oppressive to fund all of the self destructive policies. Voluntary resettlement. Mark had no choice, under the prudent man theory most would do the same thing given the facts. Sad to see the decay and decline.

Miami objection was political only. Franchises hate each other, Don loathed Davis.
Please provide support material for your assertions, otherwise, it's just accusatory vomit. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm curious how you arrive at "corrupt thieves" and what do you mean by "destroyed." I'm also not privy to the 'explosive growth' due to a corporate exodus from CA.

I could also say that corrupt thieves stole washington and will destroy the country. They already have. Would you like support information for that claim or is just posting it enough to make it true?

Last edited by COR-TEN on Thu Mar 30, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 12:34 pm 

Just the tax situation is a big win for the Players and franchise. From 13.3% to zero. My guess is the fans/visitors/city are going to crank up the taxes. It will be like stadium prices on the strip. $8 for a can of beer.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 1:11 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
Why would this ever stop if they keep getting rewarded for it? Why stop extorting if extortion works?

Las Vegas is a much better market than Oakland, unless Plan B was to move further south to San Jose.

Now Raiders have a fan base in three cities.

There's no base in San Jose-- no one is from there, many of its inhabitants couldn't give a shit about NFL football or sports in general.

Besides, the 49ers play 7.5 miles from the center of San Jose downtown.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:58 pm 

Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
No team will have as many off-field issues.

That may be conventional wisdom, but does Vegas REALLY offer vices not readily available in most the other major cities?

There's a culture/mentality that leads to wildness when people visit Vegas, but I suspect that wears off pretty quickly when you're living there.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2017 8:33 pm 

Oakland is heartbroken again! Vegas however needs a sports team!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 9:43 am 

JPPT1974 wrote:
Oakland is heartbroken again! Vegas however needs a sports team!

They're actually getting one next year with the NHL LV Golden Knights (terrible name btw)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2017 5:43 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
Old School Steeler wrote:
Necessary move. $450 billion in debt, the state has been run by corrupt thieves that have destroyed cities like Oakland and pockets of SF, once were jewel towns. Explosive growth in Phoenix Denver Vegas Nashville powered in part by people & companies fleeing CA. Taxes are oppressive to fund all of the self destructive policies. Voluntary resettlement. Mark had no choice, under the prudent man theory most would do the same thing given the facts. Sad to see the decay and decline.

Miami objection was political only. Franchises hate each other, Don loathed Davis.
Please provide support material for your assertions, otherwise, it's just accusatory vomit. I'm not saying you're wrong. I'm curious how you arrive at "corrupt thieves" and what do you mean "destroyed." I'm also not privy to the 'explosive growth' due to a corporate exodus from CA.

I could also say that corrupt thieves stole washington and will destroy the country. They already have. Would you like support information for that claim or is just posting it enough to make it true?

Unless you (A) live in California and (B) pay taxes in CA I'd kindly suggest you likely don't have much of a clue to make such a comment that what Old School said was "accusatory vomit".

He's much closer to the mark than he is off base. A good number of California's problems are self inflicted by those who "govern" this state.

Here is something to ponder. California is the most populous state in the nation. California also has the highest state income tax in the nation and is among the highest in corporate tax rates as well.

How is it then that CA also carries the most debt of any state in the nation? A state with tremendous resources and natural advantages yet is buried in debt.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:01 am 

California is one large series of Detroit like ghettoes with better weather plus Hollywood and Silicon Valley isolated in coastal wealthy enclaves.

A state so stupid it failed once again to build up reservoirs during a drought while letting the ones they had go into disrepair.

A state that refuses to deal with traffic problems and instead diverts your gaze to the white elephant world's slowest high speed train obsolete on arrival.

A state with no reserve on a deadly fault line predicted to rupture that is more concerned about global CO2, while fostering more of that in traffic jams.

It is per capita the stupidest state in the country, having recently passed Mississippi.

In any case, back to the argument that people adapt to Vegas. Mature people do. These are dumb young guys. Imagine Big Ben at 25 playing for Vegas.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:55 am 

Fellas, fellas. What's the issue here? Everyone knows that if you're not living in the North East, you're living in a culturally, back woods shit-hole. Now that we've found something that we all agree on, let's move on.

Wonder if the stadium will have a retractable roof. Could give the Raiders a significant advantage for September games if they practice outside during the summers. (it's a dry heat.) :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:41 pm 

Yup, California has high tax rates, especially the wealthy, but leads the nation with economic growth - more than twice the national average. It is the sixth largest economy in the world. Toughest regulations, ambitious healthcare (for ALL), and high wages because of rapidly growing, innovative, industries. It incubates more startups than anywhere else in the world. So I guess regulations and taxes don't work, right? Startups and small business can't survive? You'd think California would be stagnant and oppressed because of "overregulation and over taxed." But that's not the reality.

Kansas on the other hand, a state with low taxes and little regulation, is the worst in the nation by way of economic growth. In 2015, the economy actually shrank. Texas, also a state with low taxes and little regulation, has a rate of job growth below the national average. Retail sales are way down. The value of Texas exports has been dropping. This scenario is occurring a lot in those states that complain of gubmint intrusion. Shitty growth, opium addiction, and poverty. But hey, they are white, right? Don't tread on me, especially if I'm already swimming in shit and about to starve while leaving my children nothing but carbon and susceptible to earthquakes and a polluted water table because of fracking.

Like every state, California has its problems. You can paint Cali like a shit-hole all you want, but it's not the reality. The debt is big because of wall street, not because of mismanagement or corruption, from what I can tell. It was a result of the dot com bust and the housing crisis. Who's fault was that? Yeah, I know. Another argument.

I'd like to know more about this corporate exodus to middle america, because on the surface it sounds like bullshit political propaganda.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next