It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Ravens FA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:50 am 

Is it just me or are the Ravens in deep shit?

Seem to be losing or in danger of losing several pieces.

Bengals losing Whitworth.

Steelers may not make a FA splash, but are not losing any pieces either.

Post subject: Re: Ravens FA
PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:55 am 

Timmons is a piece and a starter from last year. Vince Williams would be a downgrade.

They have not lost him yet but...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:27 am 

Somehow I forgot about Timmons.

Steelers obviously willing to let Timmons have the market set his value. I know he's visiting Miami. Wonder if some team will actually offer him enough money to outweigh his desire to retire a Steeler.

So yes, Timmons a key piece but the Ravens seem really to be having a hard time of it.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:22 pm 

Ravens seem to be heading into full rebuild mode.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 1:34 pm 

But...but.. Ozzie!!!?

The greatest GM in the world is caught trying to balance the books after signing a franchise QB. It can't be possible!! He must have some sneaky plan to out draft everyone again.
</sarcasm>

Gets tough when you have to rely on the draft for talent and fuck up.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 8:01 am 

jebrick wrote:
But...but.. Ozzie!!!?

The greatest GM in the world is caught trying to balance the books after signing a franchise QB. It can't be possible!! He must have some sneaky plan to out draft everyone again.
</sarcasm>

Gets tough when you have to rely on the draft for talent and fuck up.

:lol: :lol: exactly. whats that saying in Baltimore? In Ozzie we trust?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 12:42 pm 

They just signed a 2 down player to 11 million a year deal. I can't imagine the absolute melt down on this board if PS did this. Brandon Williams is a good player but 11 mill a year? Are you fucking kidding me? Perhaps someone should send Ozzie the tape of 4th quarter v Steelers if he wants to see what 11 million per looks like being a complete non factor.

I do like their signing of Jefferson. He had a great season in 2016 and looks like a real steal.

Woodhead signing is desperation. He is 32 & injury prone.

The loss of Wagner is huge. Ravens lost a guy that at times was playing every bit as well as any RT in the NFL. The days of just finding another RT are gone. Right now the replacement is Hurst...a human turnstile.

The other blow which hasn't gotten much press: is 4 game ban for Dixon. He was to be their feature back. Without him Ravens have West & 32 year old injury prone shrimp. Ouch.

Toss in loss of Orr who outplayed Moseley for most of last season...

They signed Wallace's option. Frankly they didn't have any choice. Their WR corps maybe the worst in the league. Wallace did his usual: plays well when weather is good & disappears in 2nd half of season.

Ravens still have serious baggage on their roster: Webb, Pita, Suggs, Watson all currently over paid and players I wouldn't touch w/a barge pole.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 4:40 pm 

steelclan wrote:
They just signed a 2 down player to 11 million a year deal. I can't imagine the absolute melt down on this board if PS did this. Brandon Williams is a good player but 11 mill a year? Are you fucking kidding me? Perhaps someone should send Ozzie the tape of 4th quarter v Steelers if he wants to see what 11 million per looks like being a complete non factor.

I do like their signing of Jefferson. He had a great season in 2016 and looks like a real steal.

Woodhead signing is desperation. He is 32 & injury prone.

The loss of Wagner is huge. Ravens lost a guy that at times was playing every bit as well as any RT in the NFL. The days of just finding another RT are gone. Right now the replacement is Hurst...a human turnstile.

The other blow which hasn't gotten much press: is 4 game ban for Dixon. He was to be their feature back. Without him Ravens have West & 32 year old injury prone shrimp. Ouch.

Toss in loss of Orr who outplayed Moseley for most of last season...

They signed Wallace's option. Frankly they didn't have any choice. Their WR corps maybe the worst in the league. Wallace did his usual: plays well when weather is good & disappears in 2nd half of season.

Ravens still have serious baggage on their roster: Webb, Pita, Suggs, Watson all currently over paid and players I wouldn't touch w/a barge pole.

Ravens also needs to replace Shareece Wright, Lawrence Guy, and Elvis Dummerville (all starters from last year). As of right now, I don't believe they will have the cap room to retain any of them.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:40 pm 

Quote:
Woodhead: "I hated these guys when I was in New England. I want to play like a Raven and I think I'm going to."

https://twitter.com/jeffzrebiecsun/status/840270594260250628