It is currently Tue Sep 26, 2017 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Jimmy Garoppolo
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:09 am 

Not really steeler related but I was reading an SI.com article about the Pats getting a 2nd rounder or even a first rounder for him. The writer even said it would make sense for the Browns to give up the 1st Overall pick because it's worth it for a franchise QB!

Jesus Christ. How could teams be so stupid? Does anyone remember all world Matt Flynn after leading the Pats to double digit wins? How about that dude Jacoby getting a win? The system makes a schlub look like all-star in New England.

Post subject: Re: Jimmy Garoppolo
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:42 am 

It's no different for Tom Brady.

Had he been drafted by virtually any other team, history as we know it wouldn't exist. I don't think he would have been successful for most teams.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:50 pm 

I agree. Likely washed out after a few years of battering.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:01 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I agree. Likely washed out after a few years of battering.
Or holding a clipboard behind #2.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 4:21 pm 

R S wrote:
Not really steeler related but I was reading an SI.com article about the Pats getting a 2nd rounder or even a first rounder for him. The writer even said it would make sense for the Browns to give up the 1st Overall pick because it's worth it for a franchise QB!

Jesus Christ. How could teams be so stupid? Does anyone remember all world Matt Flynn after leading the Pats to double digit wins? How about that dude Jacoby getting a win? The system makes a schlub look like all-star in New England.

I'm looking forward to seeing how bad Cleveland fucks this years draft up. Their annual head scratchers are sad yet so comical.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 5:16 pm 

R S wrote:

I think you meant Matt Casell.

Matt Flynn was Rodgers backup who signed a big deal with Seattle and then got displaced by the rookie Russell Wilson.

But point taken.

R S: "All praise MJG. Fuck the NUT!"

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:57 pm 

Jeemie wrote:
R S wrote:

I think you meant Matt Casell.

Matt Flynn was Rodgers backup who signed a big deal with Seattle and then got displaced by the rookie Russell Wilson.

But point taken.

yess my bad

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:07 pm 

Yeah Flynn had that massive game vs Detroit in a meaningless finale. Gms are so awestruck with small sample sizes

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:51 pm 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
Yeah Flynn had that massive game vs Detroit in a meaningless finale. Gms are so awestruck with small sample sizes

And desperate. Teams without a QB are so hellbent on finding one, common sense falls by the wayside.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:12 pm 

Jimmy Carappalo

Teams without a QB are largely so because they are risk-averse and stupid. There have been several chances to nab a great QB that desperate teams all passed on, because these prospects had low floors or didn't play within a system or took too many chances or whatever. They end up picking hyped up dumpoff monkeys because they have fewer obvious flaws, and the BEST CASE with those guys is breaking your heart in the postseason, and more likely it's 7-9 or 8-8 and a lot less. Have some balls!