It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: James White's knee was down
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:58 am 

Yeah, like the Pats weren't winning this one anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:20 am 

this circled part is his upper arm, not the football. You can see White's hand on the other side of the black sock, and just above the circled area is the white from his shoulder pad/jersey.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:35 am 

They showed the replay during the game, he was clearly in. this fuzzy picture screams of butt hurt. Pats weren't losing the game at that point no matter what. Atlanta was the walking dead.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:36 am 

Rewatched the game last night. It boggles my mind how the Falcons coaching staff could be so fucking stupid. Taking nothing away from the Patriots, but they really should open an opponent MVP wing at Patriot Place and induct Dan Quinn, Pete Carroll and Marty Schottenheimer as charter members.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 12:27 pm 

Go back to the series where they tied the game up. It was 3rd and 11, and Brady hit Mitchell for the first down, even after he slipped and got up. I could have sworn that the replay showed the ball went through his hands and hit the ground, but they cut the replay off real fast. If anyone has the game and can watch that catch, let me know if he caught it or not. I might have been hoping too much and my eyes saw what they wanted to see.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:25 pm 

Remember all the still photos of Santonio Holmes' SB TD claiming he never got both feet down, even though the still photo was taken after he had already toe tapped and his foot was rising back off the ground? This sort of reminds me of that. Was a clear TD.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:37 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
Go back to the series where they tied the game up. It was 3rd and 11, and Brady hit Mitchell for the first down, even after he slipped and got up. I could have sworn that the replay showed the ball went through his hands and hit the ground, but they cut the replay off real fast. If anyone has the game and can watch that catch, let me know if he caught it or not. I might have been hoping too much and my eyes saw what they wanted to see.

I saw the same thing - I have no idea why they didn't go back to review that catch. Looked like a pretty clear drop to me.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 8:37 pm 

He was in.

The Falcons blew the game.

The end.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:40 am 

DrMalba wrote:
alancac98 wrote:

I saw the same thing - I have no idea why they didn't go back to review that catch. Looked like a pretty clear drop to me.

Just watched it again....he caught the ball.

Falcons coaches (Quinn/Shanahan) are dumbfucks....so many ways....not only not staying to the ground with under 4 min. left and in VERY GOOD field goal range:
*Snapping the ball with 20 seconds and 14 seconds remaining on the play clock on consecutive plays earlier in that drive.
*Taking a 7-step drop passing play on the fateful sack, knowing that they had surrendered sacks on each of the previous two Falcons possessions.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 1:18 pm 

Quote:
Falcons coaches (Quinn/Shanahan) are dumbfucks....so many ways....not only not staying to the ground with under 4 min. left and in VERY GOOD field goal range:
*Snapping the ball with 20 seconds and 14 seconds remaining on the play clock on consecutive plays earlier in that drive.
*Taking a 7-step drop passing play on the fateful sack, knowing that they had surrendered sacks on each of the previous two Falcons possessions.

Seriously, the last 2 Patriot SB wins are result of Pete Carroll coaching tree fuck-ups, passing when they should have run the ball. 2 years ago, the Seahawks run the ball, they win the game. FF 2 years later, Dan Quinn makes the same coaching error, passing when he should have run the ball. No way to un-fuck that.