It is currently Fri Jul 28, 2017 6:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cheating
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:42 am 

BethlehemSteel wrote:
So those 2 cheating scandals which occurred during years they won don't mean anything anymore?

Yeah ok :lol:

I don't think so.

If Patriots had Steelers defensive signals in '01, don't you think they score more than one offensive TD? They won that game on special teams fueled by Belichick > Cowher on Steelers punt game.

In '14, you think deflated balls had any impact on Patriots SB win?

Waaaay more than any cheating, Patriots were the beneficiaries of late-game coaching dumbfuckedness by the opposition in past two SB wins.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:48 am 

On the last 2 for sure......dumbfuckery was achieved

Mystery science theater. Doug Flutie still knows the secrets

In 2014.....Shouldn't have been allowed to actually be in the last game.

Guess everyone will accept it now that they did what they pulled off last night.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:27 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
Come on guys, all this talk about cheating makes you look foolish, weak. I mean how can a football team cheat on the level of a spy agency like the CIA or kgb. I mean it's not like the owner knows any ex kgb agents. It's is weird how the 3 amigos all supported, oh nevermind.

But if you take away the cheating all I am left with is the brute fact that the Pats are not only the most dominant dynasty the NFL has ever seen, but possibly the greatest dynasty in team sports and my consciousness is too tender for that. I need my asterisks and if you take them from me I will be unable to cope with modernity.

I'd say the 60's Celtics were the greatest sports dynasty that probably won't ever be touched. They won 9 out of 10 championships that decade. They only missed 1967.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:06 am 

Still Lit wrote:
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
When the Patriots accomplish 7 super bowl, or go to 11 straight, then they are the greatest, until then they are still chasing.

You're talking about a team's total history. I'm talking about a particular incarnation of a team, namely the team consisting of Brady / Belichick. The 2000s through now Pats are easily the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Chasing my ass. The Ben-era Steelers has fuck all to do with the 70s and that team's accomplishments for me.

I agree with you to a point, Lit. Where we differ is the '01, '03 & '04 Pats and the '14 & '16 Pats are rwo completely different teams other than Brady/Belichick. I don't group them together for a Dynasty any more than I group the 70's Steelers with the 2000's Steelers who won two SB's. Everything else I agree with you 100%.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:15 am 

I know this doesn't mean jack shit to most other people/fans, but to me they have AT LEAST 2 SB's where the legitimacy can be questioned: 2001 & 2003.

Beyond that, you have to give them their due

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:31 am 

I think they will cheat if they get a chance. More a symptom than the disease itself, though. They will seek and use EVERY incremental advantage. If that includes finding a way to cheat and get away with it, that’s what they do.

Over the past few weeks, I have been blown away with the Patriots’ use of information, their continuous adjustment and improvement, and their team discipline. It’s like playing against cyborgs. It’s like playing blackjack against the house. If you play them long enough, they will beat you. Which is exactly what happened last night.

I had a sinking feeling when the Falcons went 3-and-out on their first possession in the the third quarter. When the cheats drew within 8, with time left for another possession, I said, “it’s over.” The only hope for the Falcons, as far as I was concerned, was stopping the two-point conversion. Because the Patriots had the defense figured out. And they were GOING to score a touchdown.

Cheats’ DC was on the radio talking about his guys. As they were getting destroyed, they kept making observations, coming back to the bench with suggestions, gathering anecdotal data. You could see the window slowing begin to close toward the end of the second quarter.

They are a very intelligent, inventive team. They are the kind of team I would love to be able to root for. But alas, I am a yinzer to the bone. And we will never be that smart.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:32 am 

Falcons had an Alternative victory. Total Fake Sports.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:44 am 

What you call cheating, I call taking advantage of the opposing team's stupidity. Patriots do that to perfection.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:31 am 

Quixotic wrote:
I think they will cheat if they get a chance. More a symptom than the disease itself, though. They will seek and use EVERY incremental advantage. If that includes finding a way to cheat and get away with it, that’s what they do.

Over the past few weeks, I have been blown away with the Patriots’ use of information, their continuous adjustment and improvement, and their team discipline. It’s like playing against cyborgs. It’s like playing blackjack against the house. If you play them long enough, they will beat you. Which is exactly what happened last night.

I had a sinking feeling when the Falcons went 3-and-out on their first possession in the the third quarter. When the cheats drew within 8, with time left for another possession, I said, “it’s over.” The only hope for the Falcons, as far as I was concerned, was stopping the two-point conversion. Because the Patriots had the defense figured out. And they were GOING to score a touchdown.

Cheats’ DC was on the radio talking about his guys. As they were getting destroyed, they kept making observations, coming back to the bench with suggestions, gathering anecdotal data. You could see the window slowing begin to close toward the end of the second quarter.

They are a very intelligent, inventive team. They are the kind of team I would love to be able to root for. But alas, I am a yinzer to the bone. And we will never be that smart.

If Brady returns next season, as well as BB, you can bet your ass they will cheat to pile on the legacy.

I call all pissed off steeler fans to call out Doug Flutie to blow the whistle on the headset ruse he accidentally discovered in 2005-2006.

He knows they were cheating in other ways besides filming.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:41 am 

Atlanta ran the ball all night, then passes on 3rd and 1, please. If need be kick the FG on that 3rd down. AS bad a decision as last year.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next