It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 2:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cheating
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:41 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:20 am
Posts: 3269
Quixotic wrote:
I think they will cheat if they get a chance. More a symptom than the disease itself, though. They will seek and use EVERY incremental advantage. If that includes finding a way to cheat and get away with it, that’s what they do. .


That's what everyone should do! No use following the rules. All of the "Champions" cheat, look at college sports. The teams that pay players and fake school work, keep winning and get celebrated and PAID, the ones that follow the rules are laughed at and ridiculed. There's no punishment for cheaters, they just keep the trophy and the prize money and maybe sometimes suffer a minor slap on the wrist.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheating
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:10 am
Posts: 465
You whining slits make me embarrassed to be a Steelers fan.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheating
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:13 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 6:11 pm
Posts: 1631
I think they push all bounds of the rules
However their success is based on tyrannical attention to detail and execution.
They simply don't miss any attribute of the game that will help them win and don't ever get bogged down in meaningless play mix, possession etc ... stats. And that approach is magnified by playing teams such as the falcons yesterday and the steelers especially who simply don't sweat the details even close to the same way. Playing by gut is code for not caring about the details.

Whether it's Ernie Adams or others ... the pats look at, examine and try to manipulate everybody phase of the game against opposing coaches who don't even understand or care about simple time use. Pats maximise every angle and like Pacino speech in Any Give Sunday when you add up the inches at the end the Pats usually win.

It wont stop until BB and Brady retire or someone wises the fuck up.

It won't be our man Tomlin

I saw a show the other day about how Lombardi was hated as a "cheater" by other coaches and fans because he broke protocols of "the way" you played the game. Lazy minded coaches content in tradition and ego. Walsh, BB and even Noll applied intelligence and new techniques and fierce discipline to the appicatîon of that intelligence and technique


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheating
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3497
"but possibly the greatest dynasty in team sports "

The Yankees 1921-1961 and Celtics 1959-1986 might take issue with that assessment. Or the Habs or the 90s Bulls (who won 6 in 8 years). Also Lakers 1980-2010 (with a brief gap in the mid90s and mid00s).

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheating
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:30 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 16, 2014 1:52 pm
Posts: 400
Dan Smith--BYU wrote:
"but possibly the greatest dynasty in team sports "

The Yankees 1921-1961 and Celtics 1959-1973 might take issue with that assessment. Or the Habs or the 90s Bulls (who won 6 in 8 years). Also Lakers 1980-2010 (with a brief gap in the mid90s and mid00s).


Or UConn Women’s Basketball.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheating
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:32 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 3497
Good point about UConn. The knock on the Habs was that much of that was in a six team league. I suppose Iowa wrestling would be in there too, and obviously UCLA hoops 1963-75.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheating
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 4823
Gonzo wrote:
However their success is based on tyrannical attention to detail and execution.
They simply don't miss any attribute of the game that will help them win and don't ever get bogged down in meaningless play mix, possession etc ... stats. And that approach is magnified by playing teams such as the falcons yesterday and the steelers especially who simply don't sweat the details even close to the same way. Playing by gut is code for not caring about the details.

.... and fierce discipline to the appicatîon of that intelligence.
Yup. I also think they create and practice multiple game plans for multiple weaknesses/ players/ match ups and don't hesitate to change if one is not working. Unlike what the steelers do - which is to painfully keep pluggin' away at the same game plan until it breaks open. Players have repeated this during interviews. How many times have they tried the force the issue either with a specific play(go route bomb), a player (AB), or a game plan(zone D)? Then they are left with no plan b, c, d, or e. At least that's what it looks like for this disappointed steeler fan.

I think the Pats are coached to be able to flip the switch and change approach on a dime in the middle of a game or a quarter. Even with tempo and pace. Not sure the steelers can do that. Too many mistakes and lack of "attention to detail" - like you said.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheating
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:40 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:23 pm
Posts: 1050
you can't consider women's basketball in any conversation about historical greatness.....

sorry, thats just the reality......


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheating
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:50 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 1:55 pm
Posts: 3392
COR-TEN wrote:
Gonzo wrote:
However their success is based on tyrannical attention to detail and execution.
They simply don't miss any attribute of the game that will help them win and don't ever get bogged down in meaningless play mix, possession etc ... stats. And that approach is magnified by playing teams such as the falcons yesterday and the steelers especially who simply don't sweat the details even close to the same way. Playing by gut is code for not caring about the details.

.... and fierce discipline to the appicatîon of that intelligence.
Yup. I also think they create and practice multiple game plans for multiple weaknesses/ players/ match ups and don't hesitate to change if one is not working. Unlike what the steelers do - which is to painfully keep pluggin' away at the same game plan until it breaks open. Players have repeated this during interviews. How many times have they tried the force the issue either with a specific play(go route bomb), a player (AB), or a game plan(zone D)? Then they are left with no plan b, c, d, or e. At least that's what it looks like for this disappointed steeler fan.

I think the Pats are coached to be able to flip the switch and change approach on a dime in the middle of a game or a quarter. Even with tempo and pace. Not sure the steelers can do that. Too many mistakes and lack of "attention to detail" - like you said.


Contrast that to reports that some Steelers didn't take practice very seriously. Well at least that is what Ben insinuated and called the coaches out for addressing it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Cheating
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:15 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:50 am
Posts: 2689
Quixotic wrote:

Or UConn Women’s Basketball.


You can't be the best dynasty when you have segregation rules.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Still Lit and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group