It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 11:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Cheating
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:33 pm 

Iowa wrestling since 1975 is a dynasty though recently toppled by none other than Penn State.

I guess you could add the Bryan brothers and the Williams sisters if you allow team to include doubles tennis.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:38 pm 

UNC women's soccer

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:39 pm 

Globo-gym dominated Dodgeball for decades until the Average Joes made them bleed their own blood.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:56 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Quixotic wrote:
I think they will cheat if they get a chance. More a symptom than the disease itself, though. They will seek and use EVERY incremental advantage. If that includes finding a way to cheat and get away with it, that’s what they do. .

That's what everyone should do! No use following the rules. All of the "Champions" cheat, look at college sports. The teams that pay players and fake school work, keep winning and get celebrated and PAID, the ones that follow the rules are laughed at and ridiculed. There's no punishment for cheaters, they just keep the trophy and the prize money and maybe sometimes suffer a minor slap on the wrist.

Its Mr. High Character

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:12 am 

UConn women's basketball is going for 100 straight wins.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:13 pm 

swissvale72 wrote:
BethlehemSteel wrote:
So those 2 cheating scandals which occurred during years they won don't mean anything anymore?

Yeah ok :lol:

I don't think so.

If Patriots had Steelers defensive signals in '01, don't you think they score more than one offensive TD? They won that game on special teams fueled by Belichick > Cowher on Steelers punt game.

In '14, you think deflated balls had any impact on Patriots SB win?

Waaaay more than any cheating, Patriots were the beneficiaries of late-game coaching dumbfuckedness by the opposition in past two SB wins.

I think people focus on particular games too much. Sure, the pats were going to win the afc championship game with properly inflated balls. But maybe they would've lost earlier games and not be in the place to win that game. Maybe they lose against the Ravens. Maybe they lose against the raiders in 2001.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:55 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
Stlcrtn1974 wrote:
When the Patriots accomplish 7 super bowl, or go to 11 straight, then they are the greatest, until then they are still chasing.

You're talking about a team's total history. I'm talking about a particular incarnation of a team, namely the team consisting of Brady / Belichick. The 2000s through now Pats are easily the greatest dynasty in NFL history. Chasing my ass. The Ben-era Steelers has fuck all to do with the 70s and that team's accomplishments for me.

- The 2001, 2003-04 Patriots and the 2014/16 Patriots were two different dynasties other than Brady & Belichick. Brady is the only player from the two groups to have played at both times unless you count Wilfork who played on the '04 and '14 teams. You want to group them together, that's your prerogative, but I don't.
- I don't know about dominant when the Pats won each of their SB's by a FG or less, and the last one in OT. Having said that, I know the only SB where the Steelers truly dominated was their first one, and even that one was a 10-point victory thanks to Bobby Walden screwing up that punt.

Yes, I agree with you that the Patriots must be given a great deal of credit for what they've accomplished, but I'm not going overboard on it.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:20 pm 

Brazen, egotistical, or something more

Tom Brady filmed commercial with fifth ring before the Super Bowl

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... uper-bowl/

Quote:
When he’s told he’ll need a bigger locker for all his jewelry, Brady answers, “Roger that,” perhaps a tweak of Roger Goodell.

I'm still thinking Kraft is pulling strings