It is currently Thu Jan 17, 2019 11:32 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thursday Night Football - Packers Seahawks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:27 am 

Anybody else watch this game? How can you not let Aaron Rodgers go for it on 4th and 2, when a TD drive wins you the game? Instead you punt with a bad time out situation, and the other team running it smack into your tired defense, a defense that couldn’t stop the run when they weren’t tired. Terrible coaching decision. Seahawks got away with a long pass play that probably would have been overturned with a review on their go ahead TD drive, but still. I can’t believe the Packers didn’t go for it on 4th down. 4-6-1 does not look good for Packers.

Post subject: Re: Thursday Night Football - Packers Seahawks
PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:53 am 

Had it on in the background while I was surfing the web and was having trouble figuring out which team I wanted to win as I don't really care for either team.
Maybe they need Randy Fichtner to design some short yardage conversion plays for them.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:34 am 

Don’t give a shit about either of these piss ass teams, didn’t watch. But you very well might see John Harbaugh on the packers sideline next season. Fat Mike is DONE.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 7:42 am 

Will-the-Shake wrote:
Anybody else watch this game? How can you not let Aaron Rodgers go for it on 4th and 2, when a TD drive wins you the game? Instead you punt with a bad time out situation, and the other team running it smack into your tired defense, a defense that couldn’t stop the run when they weren’t tired. Terrible coaching decision. Seahawks got away with a long pass play that probably would have been overturned with a review on their go ahead TD drive, but still. I can’t believe the Packers didn’t go for it on 4th down. 4-6-1 does not look good for Packers.

Agreed, Will. McCarthy’s first mistake was not challenging that Lockett catch(drop) because he was scared to lose his last TO. Living in his fears much? Yes, have to go for it in that spot...tired D, all 3 Seattle backs gashing in the run game.

Packers are 4-5-1. But I hear ya, now next week is a must win @ MIN

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:53 pm 

Will-the-Shake wrote:

Did you see Rodgers' pass on 3rd and 2? Didn't inspire a lot of confidence that he could convert 4th and 2.

But, yeah, I agree. Worst-case, they give Seattle field position when a FG from Seattle doesn't kill your chances, anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:12 pm 

Hinestuff wrote:
Will-the-Shake wrote:

Agreed, Will. McCarthy’s first mistake was not challenging that Lockett catch(drop) because he was scared to lose his last TO. Living in his fears much? Yes, have to go for it in that spot...tired D, all 3 Seattle backs gashing in the run game.

Packers are 4-5-1. But I hear ya, now next week is a must win @ MIN

Yes, 4-5-1, thanks for the correction. Not that I care much about either team, but for all the grief Tomlin gets, here was a classic living in fears moment, followed up by not trusting one of the league’s best and most clutch players to make a play.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:16 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Will-the-Shake wrote:

Did you see Rodgers' pass on 3rd and 2? Didn't inspire a lot of confidence that he could convert 4th and 2.

But, yeah, I agree. Worst-case, they give Seattle field position when a FG from Seattle doesn't kill your chances, anyway.

I saw the pass on 3rd and 2. I’m not throwing him under the bus for that given everything else he’s shown me. We’d have all gone nuts if that were Ben not being given the chance. And yes, the added point being, if you stop Seattle they’ll go for a field goal and a touchdown still wins. Two first downs and they ice the game no matter where the drive starts from.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:26 pm 

I was just texting Drama earlier today-- last night was a perfect example of how Rodgers can have pristine stats but fail to make a handful of smart football plays that decided a close game on the road.

He's in full Ben 'hero mode" right now, and refuses to throw the ball away or check it down. I appreciate that he's playing with a knee injury that would have stopped most NFL QBs but GB got that lead and it seemed like Rodgers forgot how to win a close game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:26 pm 

Rodgers had some terrible passes man. People all crazy because of his one brilliant throw . . . .

That Packers team has talent. No excuses. Don't think he's a top 5 QB right now. Maybe not top 10.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:29 pm 

The Packers looked so good running the offense through Aaron Jones. It's shocking how little they've used him this year and also how little AR throws to the TE or between the numbers on the field.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:40 pm 

Lifelongsteel wrote:
Rodgers had some terrible passes man. People all crazy because of his one brilliant throw . . . .

That Packers team has talent. No excuses. Don't think he's a top 5 QB right now. Maybe not top 10.

I took him in fantasy football and he has started like 2 games for me week 1 and Goff's bye week. The crazy thing is nobody in my league even wants to trade for him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:26 pm 

Ben, Brees, Rivers, Mahomes, Luck, Wentz and Goff are lights out.

That's 7

Brady has no one to throw to so his numbers are down - but he's still winning

Watson is an emerging star

Russell Wilson is a consummate winner

That's 10

For the rest of this season would you take Rodgers over any of those guys?