It is currently Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shutdown CB Patrick Peterson may be available from Cardi
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:00 am 

Miter Saw wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
@NFLonFOX
After already trading Khalil Mack, @JayGlazer reports that the Raiders have been in discussions to trade former first round picks Amari Cooper and Karl Joseph. https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/105 ... 621e2.html
Does this confirm Gruden purposely tanking the season for more draft picks in a total team rebuild effort? Thoughts?

After being forced to listen to him on MNF for years, I don't think there's anything intentional about him sucking as a coach. This was a playoff team 2 years ago. Didn't need an overhaul.

Maybe he'll regain his old form....but I hope not this is fun knowing the Raiders may have 9.5 more years of this clown.

Regarding the topic....I don't expect it to happen but would be ironic that the steelers have room for peterson because of bell's holdout, and they could end up with both players.

Can't say I've paid much attention to cards lately, but if peterson is anything near what he was....i'd go so far as giving a first. I know that's sacrilege to you draftniks, but having peterson for 2.5 years during this "window" with Ben is better than drafting another jarvis, bud, artie, terrell.

Tuff to listen to. Have to remember the broadcast last year, but pre-game, first quarter was saying the QB was great. 4th quarter was saying he needed to get pulled.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:21 am 

Mitchell couldn't tackle his grandmother for the Steelers. Why was he dogging it and now has this great rejuvenation? Sitting out with no income must have clarified his mind.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:17 am 

Steelergenie wrote:
Mitchell couldn't tackle his grandmother towing a Chevyfor the Steelers. Why was he dogging it and now has this great rejuvenation? Sitting out with no income must have clarified his mind.

FIFY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:17 am 

Steelergenie wrote:
Mitchell couldn't tackle his grandmother towing a Chevyfor the Steelers. Why was he dogging it and now has this great rejuvenation? Sitting out with no income must have clarified his mind.

FIFY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:55 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
You folks know damn well that the Steelers would not touch the deal this would require with a 20 foot, nay, 30 foot barge pole.

Of course. We do what we do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:03 pm 

If it was Peterson and Haden at the corners, the Steelers have an excellent chance of finally beating the Patriots for the first time since that 2011 game

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:56 am 

I think I am on to Gruden.

I suspect he has some sort of language in his contract where the Raiders can buy him out of his contract and not be on the hook for the full $100 million.

Maybe Gruden is still pissed about how Al Davis treated him in his first stint with the Raiders. Remember Davis actually traded Gruden to Tampa Bay, got draft picks and money out of the deal.

So, now fast forward to this past year, Gruden is approached by Al's son, Mark, the funny looking fellow with the bowl shaped haircut, and he hatches this ridiculous, devious plan.

He signs this huge $100 million contract and gets Bill Parcels type of HC/GM power. Then he systematically proceeds to tank the team by any means necessary.

He trades for Bryant and gives the Steelers a 3rd round pick.

He trades Mack to the Bears. He now wants to trade Amari Cooper and Karl Joseph? I have heard that he is unhappy with QB Carr. Gruden is going to single handedly destroy this team in as little time as possible.

Then flush with all of these draft picks, he probably will spend them on really bad players. Something like he trades up in the first round, packages two 1st round picks and a future 2nd rounder to draft a slow WR, like 4.85 slow. Al Davis is spinning in his grave, his son Mark is having nightmares, they finally go to Gruden and exercise the option in his contract to buy him out, $40 million and Gruden walks off in retirement with a big shit eating grin on his face.

That is what I suspect is happening, Gruden is getting his revenge on Al Davis!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:05 am 

I think it has everything to do with the Raider Ownership being cheap.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:23 am 

This is delusional. How can you get someone going that wants to avoid contact? Pull the plug.

Steelers think they can get Artie Burns going during bye week
Posted by Josh Alper on October 17, 2018, 6:26 AM EDT

The Steelers allowed a season-low 275 yards to the Bengals in their 28-21 Week Six victory and they allowed a season-low 17 points in their Week Five win over the Falcons, so their defense has been taking steps in the right direction after a 1-2-1 start to the year.
That turn has taken place at the same time as a drop in cornerback Artie Burns‘ playing time. He was on the field for nearly every snap in the first two weeks of the season and 68 percent of the snaps in Week Four, but was down to less than half the snaps against the Bengals last weekend.

Burns said “it’s their decision” and little else when asked about the change in fortunes on Tuesday, but defensive backs coach Tom Bradley was a bit more forthcoming. He said Burns needs to be more consistent and that he feels the team can fix the mental and physical errors that have hampered the corner this season.

“It’s always a little bit of both as you get out there,” Bradley said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Playing corner is a little different. Confidence has a shelf life that needs to be replenished. But he’ll be fine. … We’ll get him going here. I’m not worried about Artie now.”
The Steelers will return with games against the Browns and Ravens. They were 0-1-1 in their first meetings with their AFC North rivals and making their record 2-1-1 would be a big boost toward another division title. The playing time Burns gets against Cleveland will be a good sign of whether the Steelers think the 2016 first-round pick can help on that front.

Last edited by Steelergenie on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:32 am 

Are we really set at ilb for the season with Fort and Thomas? Vincenzo's extension was a big mistake

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:00 am 

Steelergenie wrote:
This is delusional. How can you get someone going that wants to avoid contact? Pull the plug.

Steelers think they can get Artie Burns going during bye week
Posted by Josh Alper on October 17, 2018, 6:26 AM EDT

The Steelers allowed a season-low 275 yards to the Bengals in their 28-21 Week Six victory and they allowed a season-low 17 points in their Week Five win over the Falcons, so their defense has been taking steps in the right direction after a 1-2-1 start to the year.
That turn has taken place at the same time as a drop in cornerback Artie Burns‘ playing time. He was on the field for nearly every snap in the first two weeks of the season and 68 percent of the snaps in Week Four, but was down to less than half the snaps against the Bengals last weekend.

Burns said “it’s their decision” and little else when asked about the change in fortunes on Tuesday, but defensive backs coach Tom Bradley was a bit more forthcoming. He said Burns needs to be more consistent and that he feels the team can fix the mental and physical errors that have hampered the corner this season.

“It’s always a little bit of both as you get out there,” Bradley said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Playing corner is a little different. Confidence has a shelf life that needs to be replenished. But he’ll be fine. … We’ll get him going here. I’m not worried about Artie now.”
The Steelers will return with games against the Browns and Ravens. They were 0-1-1 in their first meetings with their AFC North rivals and making their record 2-1-1 would be a big boost toward another division title. The playing time Burns gets against Cleveland will be a good sign of whether the Steelers think the 2016 first-round pick can help on that front.

Going out the door with bags packed, hopefully. And how interesting that the less snaps he gets, the better we do.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:17 am 

Burns is Bad! Very Bad! Haden was solid and frustrated the hell out of Green all night. Green still got his catches though. Boyd ate that secondaries lunch. Burns is terrible. Sutton being matched up on their TE Uzomah was an advantage for the bunguls. Sutton did make some decent plays but it was as simple as a size mismatch. 6'6 vs 5'10? Come on man, put Brian Allen up on bigger TE's? Uzomah pushed off easily all game yeah. Arm length was the difference.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 8:46 am 

Another possibility
from BHSC

Gareon Conley to the Steelers for a fourth-round pick

This could be a slight overpay, but I’m okay with it. I don’t have to send Bell out the door, and the team can go with the two-headed monster attack with Bell and Conner. On top of that, it’s also a solution to the CB2 issue. Jon Gruden has benched Conley after having some struggles early, but he’s a rookie and he’s been improving. It doesn’t make sense why, but they’re now shopping around anyone and everyone — and this is exactly what we like to hear in Steelers Nation. It wouldn’t cost the Steelers much due to his lack of proven success in the NFL, but he’s a talented youngster with substantial upside.

He needs to move on, as Gruden clearly is not happy with him, and he can become one of the better players in the Steelers’ secondary. A fourth-rounder is about as good as the Raiders might get, and I doubt they would turn it down. Conley is a press-corner with length and some of the best speed to come out of the draft in years. Given Pittsburgh’s current needs in a CB, he fits in extremely well. I love Patrick Peterson, but this one might truly be the most ideal trade.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:08 am 

Fully Agree Genie. Conley would be a very promising prospect for the Steelers to acquire. Burns is back sliding into oblivion and no one seems to know why. Haden will need replacing as he is approaching [NFL] old age. Hilton and hopefully Sutton can continue to develop into solid secondary players. Not sure Allen will. I think CB is high on the draft list yet again. If the Steelers could nab a young upstart that likely just needs a change of scenery to develop better I say go get him. Conley does have some injury concern. Missed just about his entire rookie season with an ankle injury. Reduced defensive snaps this season as well. Only playing ST's. Gruden has essentially, systematically reduced the snap count or traded or removed McKenzie's more recent picks from their starting positions. Conley could come cheaper than a 4th IMHO.

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-raide ... 123346187/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:25 am 

Good post 77. Burns keeps saying he knows he has CTE. Maybe he just stupid but he tries to avoid contact. His tackling is a joke as he keeps whiffing plus he doesn't react to the receiver's cuts. I don't think you can cure his problems.

Steelafan77 wrote:
Fully Agree Genie. Conley would be a very promising prospect for the Steelers to acquire. Burns is back sliding into oblivion and no one seems to know why. Haden will need replacing as he is approaching [NFL] old age. Hilton and hopefully Sutton can continue to develop into solid secondary players. Not sure Allen will. I think CB is high on the draft list yet again. If the Steelers could nab a young upstart that likely just needs a change of scenery to develop better I say go get him. Conley does have some injury concern. Missed just about his entire rookie season with an ankle injury. Reduced defensive snaps this season as well. Only playing ST's. Gruden has essentially, systematically reduced the snap count or traded or removed McKenzie's more recent picks from their starting positions. Conley could come cheaper than a 4th IMHO.

https://247sports.com/nfl/oakland-raide ... 123346187/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:17 am 

That's what I was thinking, Genie.

He clearly doesn't want to play football anymore so they should honor that and find his replacement.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:51 pm 

Deonne Buccanon is barely playing for AZ... there's a realistic trade option that could really help as dime backer OR starter at Mack.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 1:59 pm 

I'd take Buchanan in a heartbeat. I'd also kick the tires on Conley. Unless the season ends in total disaster (raising the value of a 4th rounder closer to a 3rd rounder, etc), that's some pretty good talent to be buying with next year's middling picks. I say that as someone who loves looking at players to fill middling picks.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:15 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
Deonne Buccanon is barely playing for AZ... there's a realistic trade option that could really help as dime backer OR starter at Mack.

Just curious, but is Bucannon much different than Edmunds really. If/when Burnett is healthy, I could see Edmunds doing some of the same things you would want Bucannon to do...no?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:43 pm 

And all this is all the more reason for parting ways with Bell as quickly as possible. If we can improve on offense or defense, which one needs it the most? Can Bell improve the offense more than replacing Burns, at the very least, improves the defense? Absolutely not. There is no improvement to the offense needed before improvement to the defense. This can be a championship offense with the personnel we currently have active. This IS NOT even close to a championship defense. We need to parlay Bell into defensive help while his value is decent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next