It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Shutdown CB Patrick Peterson may be available from Cardi
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:25 pm 

jewelsongs wrote:
Two trades, independent of each other.

Bell to the Eagles for one of their two 2019 second rounders and a 2020 sixth round pick.
Peterson to the Steelers for our second in 2019, third in 2020, plus Sensabaugh.

Bell will leave anyway. The first trade gives us something early for someone who doesn't want to be here, and helps the Eagles this year.

Peterson and Haden are the best CBs we have had since forever. With the two of them locking down receivers, our pass rush can blitz at will. This helps the defense become decent. I still think Burnett can help against tight ends. He has been hurt a lot, but so was McDonald. When they are healthy they can make a difference. Burns gets to play special teams and get his confidence back (we get to see what he can become).

Why not take a shot.

Hmmmm.....if I’m the Cardinals I’m seriously considering our 2nd (hopefully around the 56th pick at best), our 3rd in 2020 AND Sensebaugh?

Da phuq

Cmon man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:29 pm 

Who would want Cooty but then again who would believe that somebody actually wanted Mitchell.

BarryFoster wrote:
jewelsongs wrote:

Bell to the Eagles for one of their two 2019 second rounders and a 2020 sixth round pick.
Peterson to the Steelers for our second in 2019, third in 2020, plus Sensabaugh.

Bell will leave anyway. The first trade gives us something early for someone who doesn't want to be here, and helps the Eagles this year.

Peterson and Haden are the best CBs we have had since forever. With the two of them locking down receivers, our pass rush can blitz at will. This helps the defense become decent. I still think Burnett can help against tight ends. He has been hurt a lot, but so was McDonald. When they are healthy they can make a difference. Burns gets to play special teams and get his confidence back (we get to see what he can become).

Why not take a shot.

Hmmmm.....if I’m the Cardinals I’m seriously considering our 2nd (hopefully around the 56th pick at best), our 3rd in 2020 AND Sensebaugh?

Da phuq

Cmon man

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:35 pm 

jewelsongs wrote:

Why not take a shot.

I like it, Jewel. Peterson's cousin is Bryant McFadden; maybe he can help some how.

Peterson has degressed a little this year, but he's still very good. A few years ago, I know he came out an said he has "the sugar", so I don't know if that will affect his abilities moving forward.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:56 pm 

Trade talk is fun
Gotta admit Peterson, Haden and Hilton is intriguing
I wouldn’t ignore the offense
With James Washington slow to progress, I’d see if an awful Tampa team would part with Desean Jackson.
AB, Juju, Djax and Vance McDonald would be must see TV

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:25 pm 

jewelsongs wrote:

Why not take a shot.

nice analysis ...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:01 pm 

SteelDrama wrote:
Trade talk is fun
Gotta admit Peterson, Haden and Hilton is intriguing
I wouldn’t ignore the offense
With James Washington slow to progress, I’d see if an awful Tampa team would part with Desean Jackson.
AB, Juju, Djax and Vance McDonald would be must see TV

Nice thought Drama....
Currently our #3 WR is a non factor...
We could be in for a tuff predicament if AB or JuJu gets dinged.

Desean would be that deep burner to complete this offense.

Maybe Ben and Washington can work on things over the bye.

Desean base for 2018 = $11 million.
$687k per game.

$0 dead money in 2019

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:10 pm 

Trade deadline October 30th?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:32 pm 

Make the move on please

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:40 pm 

steelmann58 wrote:
Make the move on please

Agreed. Let’s package Chick and a 4th in 2020 and get this done.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:19 am 

Quote:
@NFLonFOX
After already trading Khalil Mack, @JayGlazer reports that the Raiders have been in discussions to trade former first round picks Amari Cooper and Karl Joseph. https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/105 ... 621e2.html
Does this confirm Gruden purposely tanking the season for more draft picks in a total team rebuild effort? Thoughts?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:36 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
@NFLonFOX
After already trading Khalil Mack, @JayGlazer reports that the Raiders have been in discussions to trade former first round picks Amari Cooper and Karl Joseph. https://twitter.com/NFLonFOX/status/105 ... 621e2.html
Does this confirm Gruden purposely tanking the season for more draft picks in a total team rebuild effort? Thoughts?

After being forced to listen to him on MNF for years, I don't think there's anything intentional about him sucking as a coach. This was a playoff team 2 years ago. Didn't need an overhaul.

Maybe he'll regain his old form....but I hope not this is fun knowing the Raiders may have 9.5 more years of this clown.

Regarding the topic....I don't expect it to happen but would be ironic that the steelers have room for peterson because of bell's holdout, and they could end up with both players.

Can't say I've paid much attention to cards lately, but if peterson is anything near what he was....i'd go so far as giving a first. I know that's sacrilege to you draftniks, but having peterson for 2.5 years during this "window" with Ben is better than drafting another jarvis, bud, artie, terrell.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:43 am 

Peterson to the Steelers wins them the AFC.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:55 am 

Wilks is saying the trade talks are ludicrous. https://www.azcardinals.com/news/steve- ... -ludicrous

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:28 am 

At the rate he's losing, Wilks might not be around too long. Cards need O linemen.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:57 am 

Donnie Brasco wrote:
This is such an easy deal for the Steelers

They have the cap room and they have the draft picks

But of course they won't because "gotta learn the playbook".
Just like Jordan Berry has to be on the team so Boz doesn't shank his kicks

Just like Mike Mitchell has to be on the team to "fire the team up"

But this is a perfectly well oiled machine who has won the last 3 Lombardi trophies, so we have no need to improve at all. Everything is a ok in Aviator-land

Maybe there is another safety out there that we can get on the cheap........
Knows our system too.

https://www.colts.com/news/mike-mitchell-rated-as-pro-football-focus-top-week-6-safety

Quote:
Mike Mitchell
Safety No. 1 (84.8), 54 snaps (76 percent)

The Colts were dealt the unfortunate hand of being without starting strong safety Clayton Geathers in Week 6 after leaving Week 5’s contest early with a neck injury/concussion. They were also forced to place his backup, Matthias Farley, on injured reserve.

The injuries led to the Colts signing Mitchell, a 10-year veteran who has started 85 games in his career, most recently for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

With just six days in between his signing and making the start for the Colts, he received the highest grade from PFF for any safety in the NFL (not counting the yet-to-be-played Monday Night Football matchup).

Mitchell was a representative on PFF’s Week 6 NFL Team of the Week:

“Six days after signing with the Colts, Mitchell finds his way onto our Team of the Week. Mitchell attempted seven tackles in the loss to the Jets and didn’t miss a single one. Of those seven tackles, five resulted in a defensive stop and, while he allowed a reception on both of the plays where he was the defender in primary coverage, those two receptions went for a combined six yards.”

PFF also featured Mitchell in an article, pointing out his achievements despite just being signed.

Lol.....
he just needed a change of system, coaching, environment.

kidding aside.
I look forward to see what a healthy Burnett could do.
if it means the PS can get Vince Williams off the field on third and longs and we do not have to have VW and Chick matched up on WR's....then the PS defenses will improve in the second half of the season.

Maybe we some of the 7 DB packages we heard about in camp.
Haden, Burns, Davis, Burnett,..... Hilton, Edmunds and Sutton.

With a combination and rotation of 4 guys rushing the passer.

Watt, Cam, Tuit, Mac, Bostic, Tyson, Dupree......

The PS have been pretty lucky on the injury front. Only lost a ST third string safety for the year.
The bye came at the perfect time this year.
Burnett gets healthy.
Ben rests that elbow.
Haden can heal the little nagging bumps and bruises.
DD hand maybe gets back to 90-100%

On top of............
Getting the "entire" secondary two weeks to work out all the kinks, mesh and become a cohesive unit.
Another 2 weeks of learning and coaching for Edmunds and Davis.
2 weeks to get Burns back on track.

2 weeks for Ben, AB and Washington to work on timing, routes, little things.

Last edited by Stosh-67 on Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:00 am 

Miter Saw wrote:
Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
@NFLonFOX

After being forced to listen to him on MNF for years, I don't think there's anything intentional about him sucking as a coach. This was a playoff team 2 years ago. Didn't need an overhaul.

Maybe he'll regain his old form....but I hope not this is fun knowing the Raiders may have 9.5 more years of this clown.

Regarding the topic....I don't expect it to happen but would be ironic that the steelers have room for peterson because of bell's holdout, and they could end up with both players.

Can't say I've paid much attention to cards lately, but if peterson is anything near what he was....i'd go so far as giving a first. I know that's sacrilege to you draftniks, but having peterson for 2.5 years during this "window" with Ben is better than drafting another jarvis, bud, artie, terrell.

Tuff to listen to. Have to remember the broadcast last year, but pre-game, first quarter was saying the QB was great. 4th quarter was saying he needed to get pulled.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:21 am 

Mitchell couldn't tackle his grandmother for the Steelers. Why was he dogging it and now has this great rejuvenation? Sitting out with no income must have clarified his mind.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:17 am 

Steelergenie wrote:
Mitchell couldn't tackle his grandmother towing a Chevyfor the Steelers. Why was he dogging it and now has this great rejuvenation? Sitting out with no income must have clarified his mind.

FIFY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:17 am 

Steelergenie wrote:
Mitchell couldn't tackle his grandmother towing a Chevyfor the Steelers. Why was he dogging it and now has this great rejuvenation? Sitting out with no income must have clarified his mind.

FIFY

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:55 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
You folks know damn well that the Steelers would not touch the deal this would require with a 20 foot, nay, 30 foot barge pole.

Of course. We do what we do.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:03 pm 

If it was Peterson and Haden at the corners, the Steelers have an excellent chance of finally beating the Patriots for the first time since that 2011 game

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 6:56 am 

I think I am on to Gruden.

I suspect he has some sort of language in his contract where the Raiders can buy him out of his contract and not be on the hook for the full $100 million.

Maybe Gruden is still pissed about how Al Davis treated him in his first stint with the Raiders. Remember Davis actually traded Gruden to Tampa Bay, got draft picks and money out of the deal.

So, now fast forward to this past year, Gruden is approached by Al's son, Mark, the funny looking fellow with the bowl shaped haircut, and he hatches this ridiculous, devious plan.

He signs this huge $100 million contract and gets Bill Parcels type of HC/GM power. Then he systematically proceeds to tank the team by any means necessary.

He trades for Bryant and gives the Steelers a 3rd round pick.

He trades Mack to the Bears. He now wants to trade Amari Cooper and Karl Joseph? I have heard that he is unhappy with QB Carr. Gruden is going to single handedly destroy this team in as little time as possible.

Then flush with all of these draft picks, he probably will spend them on really bad players. Something like he trades up in the first round, packages two 1st round picks and a future 2nd rounder to draft a slow WR, like 4.85 slow. Al Davis is spinning in his grave, his son Mark is having nightmares, they finally go to Gruden and exercise the option in his contract to buy him out, $40 million and Gruden walks off in retirement with a big shit eating grin on his face.

That is what I suspect is happening, Gruden is getting his revenge on Al Davis!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:05 am 

I think it has everything to do with the Raider Ownership being cheap.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:23 am 

This is delusional. How can you get someone going that wants to avoid contact? Pull the plug.

Steelers think they can get Artie Burns going during bye week
Posted by Josh Alper on October 17, 2018, 6:26 AM EDT

The Steelers allowed a season-low 275 yards to the Bengals in their 28-21 Week Six victory and they allowed a season-low 17 points in their Week Five win over the Falcons, so their defense has been taking steps in the right direction after a 1-2-1 start to the year.
That turn has taken place at the same time as a drop in cornerback Artie Burns‘ playing time. He was on the field for nearly every snap in the first two weeks of the season and 68 percent of the snaps in Week Four, but was down to less than half the snaps against the Bengals last weekend.

Burns said “it’s their decision” and little else when asked about the change in fortunes on Tuesday, but defensive backs coach Tom Bradley was a bit more forthcoming. He said Burns needs to be more consistent and that he feels the team can fix the mental and physical errors that have hampered the corner this season.

“It’s always a little bit of both as you get out there,” Bradley said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. “Playing corner is a little different. Confidence has a shelf life that needs to be replenished. But he’ll be fine. … We’ll get him going here. I’m not worried about Artie now.”
The Steelers will return with games against the Browns and Ravens. They were 0-1-1 in their first meetings with their AFC North rivals and making their record 2-1-1 would be a big boost toward another division title. The playing time Burns gets against Cleveland will be a good sign of whether the Steelers think the 2016 first-round pick can help on that front.

Last edited by Steelergenie on Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:47 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:32 am 

Are we really set at ilb for the season with Fort and Thomas? Vincenzo's extension was a big mistake

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next