It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jets Browns game
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:31 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Darnold just reminds me of someone who should be called Biff, Chip or Preston.

His 4th down conversion was a drop. Another failed red flag by the Jets.

Yes sir, he has a very punchable face!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:33 pm 

Game should be over and Darnold has done nothing the entire game.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:38 pm 

Last place alone, let's hope the stay is short

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
I don’t know why they did not review the fumble. Looked like his knee was down before the strip.

NFL gets what it wants.

Darnold v. Mayfield

Games are “designed”

Terrible job by the Jets not to throw the red flag.

that image doesn't prove SHIT

in fact, from that angle, he knee looks like its off the ground

these after-the-fact photos from weird angles can be used to literally prove anything

I would use that photo to SUPPORT the call of a fumble, not to dispute it

Get used to looking up at the Browns in the standings. They have so many more good young players than the Steelers do and it looks like they finally found a QB.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:41 pm 

SP wrote:
Get used to looking up at the Browns in the standings. They have so many more good young players than the Steelers do and it looks like they finally found a QB.

They could easily be 3-0 with a real kicker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:42 pm 

KCSteeler wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Darnold just reminds me of someone who should be called Biff, Chip or Preston.

His 4th down conversion was a drop. Another failed red flag by the Jets.

Yes sir, he has a very punchable face!

He looks like Boomer Kingsley, captain of my old water polo team.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:45 pm 

steel wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:
I don’t know why they did not review the fumble. Looked like his knee was down before the

that image doesn't prove SHIT

in fact, from that angle, he knee looks like its off the ground

these after-the-fact photos from weird angles can be used to literally prove anything

I would use that photo to SUPPORT the call of a fumble, not to dispute it

I get that. The point is they didn’t review and didn’t throw the red flag. Poor coaching by the Jets. That was a big play. Should have thrown it as a timeout and deflation mechanism if nothing else.

Last edited by LakecrestSteeler on Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:46 pm 

Peezy55 wrote:
SP wrote:

They could easily be 3-0 with a real kicker

yep for sure

Mayfield looks scary good

throwing into tight windows

handled the pressure well

unbelievably accurate (3 drops I counted too)

didn't take #1 reps all week - he should be even better next week

But the Jets suck -- Raiders will be a better test

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:47 pm 

What did Todd do after the win?

I would think he almost couldn’t show emotion and would have to be the one guy to espouse the idea that he knows how to win and to start getting used to it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:49 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:

I would think he almost couldn’t show emotion and would have to be the one guy to espouse the idea that he knows how to win and to start getting used to it.

Likely headed to some shitty country bar in downtown Cleveland to rip some tequila shots and fight a bouncer.

Go Todd!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:51 pm 

Orangesteel wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

Likely headed to some shitty country bar in downtown Cleveland to rip some tequila shots and fight a bouncer.

Go Todd!

Likely headed to some shitty swinger bar in downtown Cleveland to rip some tequila shots and fight a bouncer.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2018 11:55 pm 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
Darnold just reminds me of someone who should be called Biff, Chip

Hey easy man, there are some tasty Chip’s out there....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:15 am 

ChippedHamSandwich wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

I can tell by your picture, and having worked in a deli, that you have thin skin!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:33 am 

SP wrote:

That defense was already pretty fucking good, but Mayfield was just insanely good tonight. The guy had no reps with the first team, walked in against a solid defense, and proceeded to throw for 17/23 for 201 and that's with three bad drops that should have all been caught.
I already thought the Browns would be much more competitive in the division this year bringing in Haley and the talent on offense, but they look like they have their shit together way more than we do.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:42 am 

DrMalba wrote:
SP wrote:

That defense was already pretty fucking good, but Mayfield was just insanely good tonight. The guy had no reps with the first team, walked in against a solid defense, and proceeded to throw for 17/23 for 201 and that's with three bad drops that should have all been caught.
I already thought the Browns would be much more competitive in the division this year bringing in Haley and the talent on offense, but they look like they have their shit together way more than we do.

We inherently don’t have our shit together because of who is in charge. If you have time, listen to the podcast as FC and Perch break it down wonderfully. I agree with what Perch says and I also think FC is spot on that the leaders on this team (Ben, AB, and Lev before he bitched out) don’t have any faith in Tomlin.

This is a less than ideal situation. There is a massive leadership void on this team and it’s manifesting on the field.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:46 am 

DrMalba wrote:
SP wrote:

you had me in total agreement there until you mentioned that silly stuff in boldface

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:47 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
DrMalba wrote:
SP wrote:

We inherently don’t have our shit together because of who is in charge. If you have time, listen to the podcast as FC and Perch break it down wonderfully. I agree with what Perch says and I also think FC is spot on that the leaders on this team (Ben, AB, and Lev before he bitched out) don’t have any faith in Tomlin.

This is a less than ideal situation. There is a massive leadership void on this team and it’s manifesting on the field.

that void is in the Owner's box.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:09 am 

LakecrestSteeler wrote:
ChippedHamSandwich wrote:
LakecrestSteeler wrote:

I can tell by your picture, and having worked in a deli, that you have thin skin!

As thin as you can take it!!!! Chip Chop Brother!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 1:29 am 

steel wrote:
you had me in total agreement there until you mentioned that silly stuff in boldface

I have respect for all of our coordinators and the way they approach and structure their offense, including Arians and Whisenhunt all the way back to Mularkey.
And if you compare the numbers Todd Haley performed his job more consistently here than Butler ever did. I also give him plenty of credit for developing #7 into a more disciplined pocket passer, and keeping him healthier in the later stages of his career.
Give him some decent tools and he will put up some yards on you. Look at what he did with Kurt Warner.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 4:12 am 

DrMalba wrote:
steel wrote:

I have respect for all of our coordinators and the way they approach and structure their offense, including Arians and Whisenhunt all the way back to Mularkey.
And if you compare the numbers Todd Haley performed his job more consistently here than Butler ever did. I also give him plenty of credit for developing #7 into a more disciplined pocket passer, and keeping him healthier in the later stages of his career.
Give him some decent tools and he will put up some yards on you. Look at what he did with Kurt Warner.

It's too early to anoint anyone or write anyone off. BM looked amazing, but more often than not, a shiny new qb hasn't been gameplanned or even brought up in film study. No tendancies to exploit. Defensive gameplan and practice in preparation for the other qb.

He made some pinpoint throws and looked really good for most of the game. But let's wait and see how he is doing in a few weeks.

As far as the Steelers go, we're lucky we're not looking up at a 3-0 Browns team from the cellar. And we haven't seen unraveling yet...if we drop Monday and the following week and are sitting at 0-3-1, this team is going to implode.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:05 am 

The Browns have a better win loss record than the Steelers do. Tomlin and co. must be happy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:20 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
The Browns have a better win loss record than the Steelers do. Tomlin and co. must be happy.

Sure buddy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:49 am 

Right now the Browns do. Perhaps after Monday night the Steelers will have managed to 'tie them'..... :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:56 am 

steel wrote:
DrMalba wrote:
SP wrote:

Haley wore out his welcome but he brought in some decent concepts and has been known to solidify a struggling offense. So in that regard: the Browns sucking majorly on offense, adding Haley was a smart move.

Now in 3 yrs they'll probably want to upgrade the OC