It is currently Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Jets Browns game
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:56 am 

By midseason, we very well might be looking way up at the rest of this division.

Mayfield was impressive in the preseason and he was more impressive in his first game that counted.

The Browns should be 3-0.

Both the Bungles and shithead Ratbirds look much improved.

Offensively, we're still okay but at the end of this season, we might be looking at a serious rebuild.

If we aren't a playoff team anymore, I see no reason BR will hang around.

Unless we begin a very improbably comeback, this shit is going to get very interesting very soon.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:57 am 

Trying to keep pace with the Browns is not my idea of a good start to the season fortythree...

Unfortunately KC I think that is the reality. Moseley returned to practice yesterday after sustaining a bone bruise I guess was last week? These 'slow starts' are going to be the end of this team sooner than later.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:07 am 

Victory fridges of beer opened, I wonder how many Browns fans didn't go to work this morning.

LOL.

Good for those fans. Jesus we're spoiled.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:33 am 

The narrative that the browns should have beat the Steelers is rubbish. Steelers had a 14 point lead with 7 min left in the 4th. If we had not had 6 TOs in that game we probably win handily.

On top of that, I hear people who were cheering for the browns to win talk about their missed fg in OT pointing to that saying they should have won and completely ignoring the fact it was the Steelers that had the first OT game ending fg opportunity and the browns never should have had their OT fg attempt.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:47 am 

Havoc wrote:
The narrative that the browns should have beat the Steelers is rubbish. Steelers had a 14 point lead with 7 min left in the 4th. If we had not had 6 TOs in that game we probably win handily.

On top of that, I hear people who were cheering for the browns to win talk about their missed fg in OT pointing to that saying they should have won and completely ignoring the fact it was the Steelers that had the first OT game ending fg opportunity and the browns never should have had their OT fg attempt.

Boz missed some field goals that would have sealed the game, but who was kicking at the end of overtime (easier kick than Boz had missed, if I'm not mistaken) to win the game?

Yep, the Browns.

Watt blocked it, but had he not....well, you know.

The very next week, Cleveland's young kicker SHIT THE BED AGAIN, NUMEROUS TIMES, literally handing the Saints a completely undeserved victory.

It's no big stretch to say the Browns should be 3-0.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:26 am 

KC wrote:
Havoc wrote:

Boz missed some field goals that would have sealed the game, but who was kicking at the end of overtime (easier kick than Boz had missed, if I'm not mistaken) to win the game?

Yep, the Browns.

The very next week, Cleveland's young kicker SHIT THE BED AGAIN, NUMEROUS TIMES, literally handing the Saints a completely undeserved victory.

Agree to disagree.

We were in control of the game with a 14 point lead, possession, and 7+ min left. We should have been able to finish them off in regulation.

We were the team that missed the kick in OT that should have ended the misery. We do that, Browns lose and no Browns should have won narrative.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:01 pm 

The Steelers could easily be 2-0 right now if we are playing that game.

Baker Mayfield may be good, maybe not. But one performance is not going to determine it. Vince Young was a world beater until be wasnt.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:33 pm 

JJT wrote:

Baker Mayfield may be good, maybe not. But one performance is not going to determine it. Vince Young was a world beater until be wasnt.

Correct.
As high as Jets fans were after the week 1 Sam Darnold performance, they certainly came back down to earth quickly.
That last pick / throw was bad.

We will see what Baker does once defenses start seeing him

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:09 pm 

Havoc wrote:
KC wrote:
Havoc wrote:

Yep, the Browns.

Agree to disagree.

We were in control of the game with a 14 point lead, possession, and 7+ min left. We should have been able to finish them off in regulation.

We were the team that missed the kick in OT that should have ended the misery. We do that, Browns lose and no Browns should have won narrative.

Yep, we can definitely agree to disagree.

It’s true, we had a 14 point lead late. We had that lead late despite what, 5 or 6 turnovers?

I’m pretty sure that’s correct. It’s unbelievable we were leading at all.

So yeah, either team could have won and even if you believe otherwise, the Browns should be, at worst, 2-1.

This division is finally changing and not for the better.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:30 pm 

Here's an interesting stat: There have been 12 total fumbles in Browns' games this year (6 by the Browns, 6 by their opponents). The Browns have recovered every single one of them.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:00 pm 

JJT wrote:

And let's not forget. It was against the Jets. Just End The Season.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:31 pm 

Obviously wrote:
JJT wrote:

And at home on a Thursday night which is a huge advantage.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 6:46 pm 

And Buck and Aikman last night. The whole TNF crew for that matter rooting hard for Cleveland and especially Baker. It was brutal to listen to.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 10:23 am 

JaySteel72 wrote:
And Buck and Aikman last night. The whole TNF crew for that matter rooting hard for Cleveland and especially Baker. It was brutal to listen to.

Well, as much as I'll always hate the Browns and their fans, because traditionally, those mopes have despised us, I can kind of understand wanting them to put an end to their winless streak. In fact, the Browns have been pretty doormats in their 2nd life, the entire country, except division rivals like us, would love to see them finally get off the schneid with some sort of championship whether it be a wild card, division title, or greater.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:26 pm 

Obviously wrote:
JJT wrote:

Apples to oranges. Mayfield. has shown that he studies and knows the offense even as the backup. Not to mention he is a natural thrower. He can wing it, he can put touch on it. Yeah, kinda the polar opposite of VY