It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Opening Night - ATL @ PHI
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 6:08 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:33 pm
Posts: 16099
Not only did that 2 pointer not make sense, the offense didn't expect it and it cost the Eagles a TO that would have been crucial had the Falcons scored a TD. Losing the TO was worse than going for 2.

_________________
Suwanee88 wrote:
But it’s your fault that you are kind of a stubborn jagoff that would argue with a fence post


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Night - ATL @ PHI
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:37 am
Posts: 1373
Nick79 wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
How in the hell did they rule that not a catch???

NFL still doesn’t know what a catch is. Fucking league sucks.


I say it every year, people laugh at me!

IMPROVE THE SPORT=make a catch a NON-REVIEWABLE JUDGEMENT CALL

Games would be so much more fun to watch and so what? Lot's of things, like PI that often seem obvoious are judgement and nobody complains.


Then their is gonna be way too many close catches/non catches that are wrong.

Yeah, it slows the game down, but don't you want to see the game played with MORE errors, so I disagree with you.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Night - ATL @ PHI
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 109
Poltargyst wrote:
7forSteel wrote:
They had 1st down from the 10 with 24 seconds to go. Enough time to run 4 pass plays. The sack didn't keep them from scoring in the redzone. They haven't been able to score in the redzone for an entire season. What kept them from scoring was Philly's D and their predictable, questionable, unimaginative playcalling. You know how I know about their playcalling? It looks like ours.

We don't know what ours looks like yet.

Let me rephrase...

It looks like ours the past few seasons.

Better?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Night - ATL @ PHI
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:23 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 109
Nick79 wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
How in the hell did they rule that not a catch???

NFL still doesn’t know what a catch is. Fucking league sucks.


I say it every year, people laugh at me!

IMPROVE THE SPORT=make a catch a NON-REVIEWABLE JUDGEMENT CALL

Games would be so much more fun to watch and so what? Lot's of things, like PI that often seem obvoious are judgement and nobody complains.

I can see why people are laughing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Night - ATL @ PHI
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 818
Going for 2 there put them up 6 which does apply some pressure to opposoing kicker if ATL scores TD. Extra pts aren’t gimmies anymore....maybe that is what they were thinking.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Night - ATL @ PHI
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:37 pm
Posts: 109
StillerDownSouth wrote:
Going for 2 there put them up 6 which does apply some pressure to opposoing kicker if ATL scores TD. Extra pts aren’t gimmies anymore....maybe that is what they were thinking.

Ding ding ding! SDS for the win!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Night - ATL @ PHI
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:05 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1810
Nah, like B2B said, it was confusion on Philly's part, they wasted a timeout thinking about it. If Atlanta had come back that timeout may have been very important to retake the lead.

When you have to burn a timeout debating the merits of a two point attempt then you probably should not be doing it, period.

_________________
We have got to come up with a better name for 'sub package defense'!! Any ideas?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Opening Night - ATL @ PHI
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:34 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:23 pm
Posts: 818
Scunge wrote:
Nah, like B2B said, it was confusion on Philly's part, they wasted a timeout thinking about it. If Atlanta had come back that timeout may have been very important to retake the lead.

When you have to burn a timeout debating the merits of a two point attempt then you probably should not be doing it, period.



They took the timeout cause they were still celebrating the TD while play clock was running.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group