It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:35 pm 

10% what happens to you, 90% how you deal with it....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:37 pm 

955876 wrote:
You guys are aware that everyone that makes really bad life choices doesn’t automattically have to have some developmental disability, cognitive issues, or some other greater travesty in life that all their woes can be blamed on right?

As much as some point the finger at others saying they are “intolerant” or just don’t understand the struggles of others there is the flip side where some are immediate in finding blame anywhere and everywhere except where it often resides.

Oh it just can’t be their fault. There there just has to be someone or something else to blame.

Don’t underestimate just how poorly some come to the decisions that they do.

Bryant might have some serious mental problems. Sure.

He might also just be one of those people that always makes really poor choices. The thought process could be as simple as “I won’t get caught this time”

The world is full of them.

Without being close to the individual nobody really knows. But as much as one shouldn’t rush to judgement without first walking in their shoes, one must also not be in a rush grease up the excuse machine and place blame elsewhere.

And while it is correct that we are not in control of our lives, we are in control of how we respond to the hand that’s been dealt.

I assume Bryant has addiction issues.

It's in your control not to become an addict (which is blameworthy), but once there, well, you already launched the projectile and you can't wish it back and your actions regarding substance use/abuse are no longer simply up to you.

I assume Bryant has addiction issues because I assume he does not think that drugs are better than extraordinarily large piles of money and playing football.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:02 pm 

Still Lit wrote:
I assume Bryant has addiction issues.

It's in your control not to become an addict (which is blameworthy), but once there, well, you already launched the projectile and you can't wish it back and your actions regarding substance use/abuse are no longer simply up to you.

I assume Bryant has addiction issues because I assume he does not think that drugs are better than extraordinarily large piles of money and playing football.
All we know is that he's been busted for cannabis and whatever cough sirup shit. We know nothing about his psychological issues. It also seems people don't understand that for every addict that makes the choice to go down that road (and there are many), there are many that have mental issues. Nobody seems to understand that sometimes people turn to drugs because that's either all they have or are weak as a result of their issues. None of us really know what's in Bryant's head, but again, the steelers gave him opportunities and help. My armchair psycho-analysis says there is something wrong with MB other than addiction. But I don't know, just like everybody here doesn't have a clue either.

On this board, any behavior that isn't "normal" is a result of being a dumbfuck. That the intolerance I was highlighting.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:04 pm 

Bad part for him is that if he couldn’t fix this with the help of a multi-billion dollar organization behind him seeing to it he has access to the best care available then he really isn’t going to find it on his own.

Could also be a case where he just doesn’t care much for playing football and the work required at this point in order to do so is more than he’s willing to do.

Not our problem in any event. Glad I was wrong on this one and the team was able to get something for him.

I’d rather have this egg on my face than if they had kept him to play out his final year and we were discussing this from that angle today.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:14 pm 

Quote:
On this board, any behavior that isn't "normal" is a result of being a dumbfuck. That the intolerance I was highlighting.

Thing is, smoking pot is now “normal” behavior. It’s mainstream. It’s acceptable.

CNN even had an on the air correspondent taking rips while covering the elections from Colorado.

And no, don’t turn this into a political debate. Merely a statement of fact to prove how “normal” and acceptable smoking herb has become.

His behavior is normal in terms of the cannabis use. He just isn’t able to partake in said behavior due to the conditions of his employment.

Much like if he was a crane operator.

I’d be curious to see what type of people MB is hanging with in his free time.

That right there could go a long way in making sense of this.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:16 pm 

Bryant had more than his fair share of opportunities to right his wrongs, ie... Learn from those mistakes and he didn't. When you're not learning from those same mistakes it becomes an obvious result of choice. For whatever his reasons are he chooses not to "Learn" and commit those same mistakes. I fully agree with Veritas. It takes losing everything/hitting rock bottom sometimes more than once or twice to recognise your faults. Then it may take years to Unlearn that inappropriate behavior and learn a behavior that benefits you. Good Luck to Martavis Bryant. I loved to watch him on Sunday's in the Black and Gold. I think he's a great football talent and hopefully he comes around before his youth is gone and he's lost his chance to reclaim his potential/sport stardom.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:17 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Bryant had more than his fair share of opportunities to right his wrongs, ie... Learn from those mistakes and he didn't. When you're not learning from those same mistakes it becomes an obvious result of choice. For whatever his reasons are he chooses not to "Learn" and commit those same mistakes. I fully agree with Veritas. It takes losing everything/hitting rock bottom sometimes more than once or twice to recognise your faults. Then it may take years to Unlearn that inappropriate behavior and learn a behavior that benefits you. Good Luck to Martavis Bryant. I loved to watch him on Sunday's in the Black and Gold. I think he's a great football talent and hopefully he comes around before his youth is gone and he's lost his chance to reclaim his potential/sport stardom.
I don't mean to be a dick, but unless you are a mental health professional - i.e. psychotherapist, psychiatrist, psychologist, neurologist, etc, then judging someone else's ability to learn seems misplaced. Maybe he is just an addict. Maybe not. But I'm not making that judgement because I simply don't know. That's why I'm not calling him a dumbfuck for choosing herb over millions of dollars. Sounds like an easy choice for you and me. . . but maybe not for someone else. I'm willing to humble myself and not let my own life experiences inform my judgements of others.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:41 pm 

Awesome