It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:42 am 

Although to be totally accurate didn't we also have to use the pick we got for Ross Cockrell to move up a couple spots, in front of Cincinnati to finally get Rudolph?

So, it was a combination of the 3rd from the Raiders and that 7th from the Giants to nab perhaps our future starting QB. We in essence traded Bryant and Cockrell to get Mason Rudolph.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:06 am 

At the time of the trade, I was happy they were able to essentially break even and get a third out of Chucky (who looks like he'll be lucky to see even the middling success level of the second coming of Joe Gibbs).

It gets a little lost in this thread, though I have seen one or two comments on it. Bryant had next-level physical talent and chose to waste it on bad life choices. Our FO gave him multiple opportunities, stood by him during multiple suspensions and gave him every chance to be an elite talent in this league. It should say something the level that people think he could have achieved, even given his prior history the Raiders still threw a R3 at us for his services.
I hope for the best for this young man and any other person that bounces out on a shit note like this, and that maybe this wake-up call finally gives him enough ammunition to start making better life choices from now on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:32 am 

DrMalba wrote:
At the time of the trade, I was happy they were able to essentially break even and get a third out of Chucky (who looks like he'll be lucky to see even the middling success level of the second coming of Joe Gibbs).

It gets a little lost in this thread, though I have seen one or two comments on it. Bryant had next-level physical talent and chose to waste it on bad life choices. Our FO gave him multiple opportunities, stood by him during multiple suspensions and gave him every chance to be an elite talent in this league. It should say something the level that people think he could have achieved, even given his prior history the Raiders still threw a R3 at us for his services.
I hope for the best for this young man and any other person that bounces out on a shit note like this, and that maybe this wake-up call finally gives him enough ammunition to start making better life choices from now on.

Well said.
Hopefully, MB finds his way and can resurrect his career some where down the road.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:11 pm 

People can still go with “either (a)it’s a dumb move or (b) they need coaches that can control their players”, but at the end of the day spending a 4th round pick to get 15-20 TDs and a 3rd round pick isn’t a particularly embarrassing day at the office for your average NFL GM.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:16 pm 

I love it how people call Bryant a dumb fuck who made wrong life choices. He didn't ever seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, but the steelers gave him ample opportunities, knowing he has "issues." That says something about both the steelers and Bryant.

But people that are either developmentally disabled or have cognitive issues are plainly labeled dumbfucks who only care about their herb. Bell is more of a dumbfuck because the only affect he has is narcissism and a big head.

It reminds me of the Berman's drunk driving wife thread. The amount of intolerance for conformist behavior is palpable.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:30 pm 

We all have our problems. Sometimes we can overcome them and sometimes we can’t. Bryant probably suffers from depression, and other stuff. We got our 3rd round pick. I’m not going to kick a guy when he’s down, because he’s just as screwed up as half the people. He needs help.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:14 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
Never forget: there were posters here who were furious that we traded him.

Clowns who still bemoan the bad trade we made to get rid of him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:23 pm 

Stallworth16 wrote:
We all have our problems. Sometimes we can overcome them and sometimes we can’t. Bryant probably suffers from depression, and other stuff. We got our 3rd round pick. I’m not going to kick a guy when he’s down, because he’s just as screwed up as half the people. He needs help.

This is a great post. We all struggle. Those who are in judgment of others have not yet faced their own struggles. If they had, they would be more inclined to be a lot cooler about it. Glad he's gone- hope he hits bottom as a way of seeing the true way up. Could turn out to be football's version of Daryl Strawberry.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:28 pm 

VeritasSteel wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:

This is a great post. We all struggle. Those who are in judgment of others have not yet faced their own struggles. If they had, they would be more inclined to be a lot cooler about it. Glad he's gone- hope he hits bottom as a way of seeing the true way up. Could turn out to be football's version of Daryl Strawberry.
Those that think they are 100% in control of their lives have their head firmly lodged in their ass.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:29 pm 

You guys are aware that everyone that makes really bad life choices doesn’t automattically have to have some developmental disability, cognitive issues, or some other greater travesty in life that all their woes can be blamed on right?

As much as some point the finger at others saying they are “intolerant” or just don’t understand the struggles of others there is the flip side where some are immediate in finding blame anywhere and everywhere except where it often resides.

Oh it just can’t be their fault. There there just has to be someone or something else to blame.

Don’t underestimate just how poorly some come to the decisions that they do.

Bryant might have some serious mental problems. Sure.

He might also just be one of those people that always makes really poor choices. The thought process could be as simple as “I won’t get caught this time”

The world is full of them.

Without being close to the individual nobody really knows. But as much as one shouldn’t rush to judgement without first walking in their shoes, one must also not be in a rush grease up the excuse machine and place blame elsewhere.

And while it is correct that we are not in control of our lives, we are in control of how we respond to the hand that’s been dealt.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next