It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:49 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13790
Steelafan77 wrote:
Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 pm
I'll take a starter Safety or ILB for Bryant right now. No picks. No trades of picks. Players straight up.
GreekSteel wrote:
Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:15 pm
i think you guys are undervaluing his return..not saying he brings back a first but it will be more than a 4th imo


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 8:58 pm
Posts: 6990
Tay... :lol: :lol: :lol:

_________________
"They're standing around, Butz!" - Kevin O'Shea


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:03 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:41 pm
Posts: 596
Nostradamus Smashmouth...
Smashmouth21 wrote:
Bryant was not going to be here after the season. No matter what. Given his horrendous work ethic, character, and substance abuse history, it's an absolute coup to get an early 3rd round pick for him. Time to move on.

_________________
"It's not so important who starts the game but who finishes it." - John Wooden


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:07 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:30 am
Posts: 473
Smashmouth21 wrote:
Nostradamus Smashmouth...
Smashmouth21 wrote:
Bryant was not going to be here after the season. No matter what. Given his horrendous work ethic, character, and substance abuse history, it's an absolute coup to get an early 3rd round pick for him. Time to move on.


There is a strong chance that the Steelers got a franchise quarterback for less than a Starbucks Designer Cup of Coffee. Good Call on that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:25 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:35 pm
Posts: 7891
:lol: Well done, LTW, well done. Every once in a while this team knows what it's doing.

_________________
"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
--Voltaire


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:17 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:36 pm
Posts: 389
Will-the-Shake wrote:
Happy with the trade and glad that he's gone. He would have been a headache again this year. And, knowing the Steelers, they'd probably end up cutting him after week 14 instead of waiting it out for a compensation pick, anyway - and then watch him get snatched up by the Patriots. But Martavis the Raider? The two sides deserve each other. I predict the Steelers get a great pick out of that spot.


I loved the trade and would have stopped at nothing to get rid of him. No brains at all, and a total lack of humility when he came back from suspensions previously. That’s a bad combo. The two cent head will usually catch up to you in this league (or any other league) regardless of talent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:37 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9296
Cool. Glad we traded him. I don’t think anyone could have imagined how colossal of a fuck up this guy would be. Even me.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:47 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4201
Well, clearly I was wrong on this one. Just wanted the roster as strong as possible this year. Thought he could hold it together long enough to fleece a team out of some money and then implode. It was a gamble and I bet wrong.

He couldn’t even hold it together one season. What a dipshit.

Just goes to show that if someone isn’t willing to help themselves nothing anyone else gives them will ever truly help. What a waste. So much talent. He will be a penniless drug addict in short order from this point.

Team made a great move here. A fantastic one. Props to all involved. And that move looks even better today with them cutting the Landry Jones cord.

No problem eating crow. I missed big on this one and deserve it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:52 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:22 am
Posts: 9296
But who did we actually get with the pick we sent for Bryant?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:11 pm
Posts: 1918
Orangesteel wrote:
But who did we actually get with the pick we sent for Bryant?


Rudolph


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:42 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:14 pm
Posts: 1952
Although to be totally accurate didn't we also have to use the pick we got for Ross Cockrell to move up a couple spots, in front of Cincinnati to finally get Rudolph?

So, it was a combination of the 3rd from the Raiders and that 7th from the Giants to nab perhaps our future starting QB. We in essence traded Bryant and Cockrell to get Mason Rudolph.

_________________
#greendot51


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:06 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:17 pm
Posts: 1433
At the time of the trade, I was happy they were able to essentially break even and get a third out of Chucky (who looks like he'll be lucky to see even the middling success level of the second coming of Joe Gibbs).

It gets a little lost in this thread, though I have seen one or two comments on it. Bryant had next-level physical talent and chose to waste it on bad life choices. Our FO gave him multiple opportunities, stood by him during multiple suspensions and gave him every chance to be an elite talent in this league. It should say something the level that people think he could have achieved, even given his prior history the Raiders still threw a R3 at us for his services.
I hope for the best for this young man and any other person that bounces out on a shit note like this, and that maybe this wake-up call finally gives him enough ammunition to start making better life choices from now on.

_________________
steel wrote:
game over boys


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:04 pm
Posts: 2924
DrMalba wrote:
At the time of the trade, I was happy they were able to essentially break even and get a third out of Chucky (who looks like he'll be lucky to see even the middling success level of the second coming of Joe Gibbs).

It gets a little lost in this thread, though I have seen one or two comments on it. Bryant had next-level physical talent and chose to waste it on bad life choices. Our FO gave him multiple opportunities, stood by him during multiple suspensions and gave him every chance to be an elite talent in this league. It should say something the level that people think he could have achieved, even given his prior history the Raiders still threw a R3 at us for his services.
I hope for the best for this young man and any other person that bounces out on a shit note like this, and that maybe this wake-up call finally gives him enough ammunition to start making better life choices from now on.

Well said.
Hopefully, MB finds his way and can resurrect his career some where down the road.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:13 am
Posts: 880
People can still go with “either (a)it’s a dumb move or (b) they need coaches that can control their players”, but at the end of the day spending a 4th round pick to get 15-20 TDs and a 3rd round pick isn’t a particularly embarrassing day at the office for your average NFL GM.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:16 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6628
I love it how people call Bryant a dumb fuck who made wrong life choices. He didn't ever seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, but the steelers gave him ample opportunities, knowing he has "issues." That says something about both the steelers and Bryant.

But people that are either developmentally disabled or have cognitive issues are plainly labeled dumbfucks who only care about their herb. Bell is more of a dumbfuck because the only affect he has is narcissism and a big head.

It reminds me of the Berman's drunk driving wife thread. The amount of intolerance for conformist behavior is palpable.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:30 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 13, 2014 1:23 pm
Posts: 3423
We all have our problems. Sometimes we can overcome them and sometimes we can’t. Bryant probably suffers from depression, and other stuff. We got our 3rd round pick. I’m not going to kick a guy when he’s down, because he’s just as screwed up as half the people. He needs help.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:14 am
Posts: 2433
Location: Houston, TX
Laying the Wood wrote:
Never forget: there were posters here who were furious that we traded him.


Clowns who still bemoan the bad trade we made to get rid of him.

_________________
R S wrote:
I'm sure she still wakes up in cold sweats and night terrors of Peyton's wrinkly ball sack pitter-pattering on her forehead.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:17 pm
Posts: 1123
Stallworth16 wrote:
We all have our problems. Sometimes we can overcome them and sometimes we can’t. Bryant probably suffers from depression, and other stuff. We got our 3rd round pick. I’m not going to kick a guy when he’s down, because he’s just as screwed up as half the people. He needs help.


This is a great post. We all struggle. Those who are in judgment of others have not yet faced their own struggles. If they had, they would be more inclined to be a lot cooler about it. Glad he's gone- hope he hits bottom as a way of seeing the true way up. Could turn out to be football's version of Daryl Strawberry.

_________________
No matter what anyone says, no matter the excuse or explanation, whatever a person does, in the end, is what he intended to do all along- Cus D'Amato


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6628
VeritasSteel wrote:
Stallworth16 wrote:
We all have our problems. Sometimes we can overcome them and sometimes we can’t. Bryant probably suffers from depression, and other stuff. We got our 3rd round pick. I’m not going to kick a guy when he’s down, because he’s just as screwed up as half the people. He needs help.


This is a great post. We all struggle. Those who are in judgment of others have not yet faced their own struggles. If they had, they would be more inclined to be a lot cooler about it. Glad he's gone- hope he hits bottom as a way of seeing the true way up. Could turn out to be football's version of Daryl Strawberry.
Those that think they are 100% in control of their lives have their head firmly lodged in their ass.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:29 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4201
You guys are aware that everyone that makes really bad life choices doesn’t automattically have to have some developmental disability, cognitive issues, or some other greater travesty in life that all their woes can be blamed on right?

As much as some point the finger at others saying they are “intolerant” or just don’t understand the struggles of others there is the flip side where some are immediate in finding blame anywhere and everywhere except where it often resides.

Oh it just can’t be their fault. There there just has to be someone or something else to blame.

Don’t underestimate just how poorly some come to the decisions that they do.

Bryant might have some serious mental problems. Sure.

He might also just be one of those people that always makes really poor choices. The thought process could be as simple as “I won’t get caught this time”

The world is full of them.

Without being close to the individual nobody really knows. But as much as one shouldn’t rush to judgement without first walking in their shoes, one must also not be in a rush grease up the excuse machine and place blame elsewhere.

And while it is correct that we are not in control of our lives, we are in control of how we respond to the hand that’s been dealt.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:35 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 08, 2014 9:45 pm
Posts: 13790
10% what happens to you, 90% how you deal with it....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:37 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 9:19 am
Posts: 9997
955876 wrote:
You guys are aware that everyone that makes really bad life choices doesn’t automattically have to have some developmental disability, cognitive issues, or some other greater travesty in life that all their woes can be blamed on right?

As much as some point the finger at others saying they are “intolerant” or just don’t understand the struggles of others there is the flip side where some are immediate in finding blame anywhere and everywhere except where it often resides.

Oh it just can’t be their fault. There there just has to be someone or something else to blame.

Don’t underestimate just how poorly some come to the decisions that they do.

Bryant might have some serious mental problems. Sure.

He might also just be one of those people that always makes really poor choices. The thought process could be as simple as “I won’t get caught this time”

The world is full of them.

Without being close to the individual nobody really knows. But as much as one shouldn’t rush to judgement without first walking in their shoes, one must also not be in a rush grease up the excuse machine and place blame elsewhere.

And while it is correct that we are not in control of our lives, we are in control of how we respond to the hand that’s been dealt.


I assume Bryant has addiction issues.

It's in your control not to become an addict (which is blameworthy), but once there, well, you already launched the projectile and you can't wish it back and your actions regarding substance use/abuse are no longer simply up to you.

I assume Bryant has addiction issues because I assume he does not think that drugs are better than extraordinarily large piles of money and playing football.

_________________
Orangesteel wrote:
We could have ended the game there and Tomlin’s band of assholes let them back in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:02 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:08 pm
Posts: 6628
Still Lit wrote:
I assume Bryant has addiction issues.

It's in your control not to become an addict (which is blameworthy), but once there, well, you already launched the projectile and you can't wish it back and your actions regarding substance use/abuse are no longer simply up to you.

I assume Bryant has addiction issues because I assume he does not think that drugs are better than extraordinarily large piles of money and playing football.
All we know is that he's been busted for cannabis and whatever cough sirup shit. We know nothing about his psychological issues. It also seems people don't understand that for every addict that makes the choice to go down that road (and there are many), there are many that have mental issues. Nobody seems to understand that sometimes people turn to drugs because that's either all they have or are weak as a result of their issues. None of us really know what's in Bryant's head, but again, the steelers gave him opportunities and help. My armchair psycho-analysis says there is something wrong with MB other than addiction. But I don't know, just like everybody here doesn't have a clue either.

On this board, any behavior that isn't "normal" is a result of being a dumbfuck. That the intolerance I was highlighting.

_________________
"I wish Fraudlin would get testicular cancer and die after he watches me anally penetrate his wife."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:04 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4201
Bad part for him is that if he couldn’t fix this with the help of a multi-billion dollar organization behind him seeing to it he has access to the best care available then he really isn’t going to find it on his own.

Could also be a case where he just doesn’t care much for playing football and the work required at this point in order to do so is more than he’s willing to do.

Not our problem in any event. Glad I was wrong on this one and the team was able to get something for him.

I’d rather have this egg on my face than if they had kept him to play out his final year and we were discussing this from that angle today.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 1:14 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 8:12 pm
Posts: 4201
Quote:
On this board, any behavior that isn't "normal" is a result of being a dumbfuck. That the intolerance I was highlighting.


Thing is, smoking pot is now “normal” behavior. It’s mainstream. It’s acceptable.

CNN even had an on the air correspondent taking rips while covering the elections from Colorado.

And no, don’t turn this into a political debate. Merely a statement of fact to prove how “normal” and acceptable smoking herb has become.

His behavior is normal in terms of the cannabis use. He just isn’t able to partake in said behavior due to the conditions of his employment.

Much like if he was a crane operator.

I’d be curious to see what type of people MB is hanging with in his free time.

That right there could go a long way in making sense of this.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
FORUM RULES --- PRIVACY POLICY




Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group