It is currently Tue Nov 20, 2018 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:21 pm 

:lol: :lol:

And the Steelers got a 3rd round pick for him....

:lol: :lol:

Post subject: Re: Bryant Suspended Indefinitely
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:26 pm 

KC and co nailed this. If Rudolph pans out this trade will become legend.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:47 pm 

Never forget: there were posters here who were furious that we traded him.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:02 pm 

Laying the Wood wrote:
Never forget: there were posters here who were furious that we traded him.

Were? I’d bet there still are.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:30 pm 

KC wrote:
If you look up “dumb motherfucker who never has to worry about a brain tumor” in the dictionary, you’ll see a photo of Martavis Bryant.
:lol:

Steelafan77 wrote:
Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors Posted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:06 am
If there's a chance a team like the Packers [example] want to trade straight up for Bryant and the Steelers net Clinton-Dix, I do that deal yesterday. I know as it stands now the ...
Steelafan77 wrote:
Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors Posted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:14 pm
Yet everyone is expecting Bryant to net a 3rd RND compensatory pick. Good luck with that. I still trade his ass in the right situation. Secondary, Safety in particular is in terrible shape. So by trading ..
Me and my big mouth..... :lol:
Kodiak wrote:
Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors Posted: Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:35 am
Steelafan77 wrote:
How did the Steelers fare in 2016 without your savior Bryant? Pre Juju Smith-Schuster to boot...my point? There is always other ways Bryant's absence would be filled. And that didn't even yield any picks or players.

Awww....the cuckold argument.

Is that you, Todd?
Remember this? :lol:

Last edited by Steelafan77 on Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:41 pm 

Some choice crow...

Kodiak wrote:
Let this sink in - we traded Bryant, to draft a WR and an OG.

Fuck that. Honestly, this is what I expect from a retarded cripple.

Orangesteel wrote:
Idiotic

punum123 wrote:
I’ll go on record to say that was fucking stupid....I’m in the “win now” mode....and
Tey could’ve contributed....now...

bam morris wrote:
Orangesteel wrote:
Idiotic

agree...play the dude hard for a contract..dudes a weapon that's hard to replace. not used correctly..stupid ..

Orangesteel wrote:
We have two years with Ben.

Maybe they take Ridley? A 3rd for Bryant seems ridiculous.

955876 wrote:
steelsmitty wrote:
TB wrote:
Bryant was not going to be a happy camper next year as the third option. Surprised we got a mid third rounder for a one year rental. I can see why the Steelers jumped on it.

+100000000

Never thought they'd get anything close to a third rounder for him. Easy decision

Except for the 3rd rounder they likely would have gotten next year after he left via FA...

Even if it was a later round so what.

You really believe this 3rd rounder they get will help more THIS YEAR than Bryant could have?

You guys are the type that shiver in your boots over the thought of maybe going 7-9 in 2021.

Winning in 2018 should be the focus.

Unless they know already this dipshit is going to piss hot it’s a dumb move.

Win now.

Maybe they’ll cement this stupidity by taking a QB with their first pick.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:41 pm 

95 is my favorite.

955876 wrote:
Quote:
It depends on how dialed in Bryant would be this season.

Given it’s a contract year for him that’s a dice I roll.

If it was, Bryant for a 3rd AND move up a few spots then I’m not complaining.

But we were getting a draft pick for him anyways. Maybe not a 3rd. But so what?? Especially with their hit or miss track record of late.

No guarantee that third ends up better than the 4th you might have ended up with. Its a crap shoot in the draft.

Odds are on MB being a bigger contributor to his team in 2018 than whoever we get on Saturday.

Mind you, I give not one fuck about the 2022 season or how we now “got this player for the next four years”.

Got who?

I just want a guy I know can break a defense for 2-3 big passes and do so from any down & distance on the field. That has (or should have) tremendous value to a team with Brown, JuJu, McDondald, Bell and a QB like Ben.

Like let’s go win a SB group. Throw your draft picks at the defense and depth.

No. We had to get cute.

Who is the #3 today? Who moves up if we lose a WR?

We are a worse team after this move at his point.

All for a 3rd this year? Can’t wait for that comp pick next year?

We playing for 2018 or 2020.

If the answer is 2020 then yippee. You guys made a smart (and safe) call.

If I’m playing for 2018 I don’t see the logic.

Raiders looked liked they did.

Umm ya, I’ll take a Marty B in the third thank you.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:42 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
StillMadAtSlobber wrote:

Logic? You have none.
Bryant is too petulant and stupid to work hard this year given his dissatisfaction. The Bryant that you dream of is gone and not coming back, unless it's in a game against us. It's got nothing to do with what you are playing for and everything to do with who you are playing with. A non-hungry, dissatisfied, 10 cent brain, 25% effort Bryant wasn't going to do more than you saw last year. No amount of delusion is going to change that.

You're stupid, MB being a low character bum lucky to scrape through every weed test unscathed, would produce more than some high character rah-rah, go team choir boy who's a mediocre player.

TALENT > ALL ELSE

Everything should be all or nothing, THE FUTURE IS NOW! Why care what happens when Ben is gone.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:43 pm 

Even Jeemie!

Jeemie wrote:
He did not "have to go".

That logic is ridiculous.

He was coming on late in the season. Had a monster first half against New England ?where of course, they foolishly took him off the field for a heavy set run offense in H2) and an excellent game against Jacksonville.

If the goal next year was Super Bowl, you KNOW what you were getting from him.

You might draft a consensus pick to be the next great WR and he might still not pan out.

They BETTER deliver in this draft or they may again sacrifice yet another of Ben's few remaining seasons.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:44 pm 

I'm oiling up the excuse machine as we speak!

955876 wrote:
AB
JuJu
DHB
Justin Hunter

That’s our WR corps right now.

Sure sure lots can and will change.

They created an immediate need now to not only draft a WR but get one that can play immediately.

Why really bugs me is the constant lack of foresight with this staffs thinking.

They just assume thy can draft and plug a guy in. What if AB goes down? It JuJu?

DHB, Hunter, rookie. Eli Rogers.

And the Tomlin excuse machine will be be all oiled up and ready to go.

But but but we just didn’t have the personnel they’ll say.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:49 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 10:41 pm
I'll take a starter Safety or ILB for Bryant right now. No picks. No trades of picks. Players straight up.
GreekSteel wrote:
Post subject: Re: Martavis Bryant Trade Rumors Posted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:15 pm
i think you guys are undervaluing his return..not saying he brings back a first but it will be more than a 4th imo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:16 pm 

Tay... :lol: :lol: :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:03 pm 

Nostradamus Smashmouth...
Smashmouth21 wrote:
Bryant was not going to be here after the season. No matter what. Given his horrendous work ethic, character, and substance abuse history, it's an absolute coup to get an early 3rd round pick for him. Time to move on.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:07 pm 

Smashmouth21 wrote:
Nostradamus Smashmouth...
Smashmouth21 wrote:
Bryant was not going to be here after the season. No matter what. Given his horrendous work ethic, character, and substance abuse history, it's an absolute coup to get an early 3rd round pick for him. Time to move on.

There is a strong chance that the Steelers got a franchise quarterback for less than a Starbucks Designer Cup of Coffee. Good Call on that.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:25 pm 

:lol: Well done, LTW, well done. Every once in a while this team knows what it's doing.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:17 pm 

Will-the-Shake wrote:
Happy with the trade and glad that he's gone. He would have been a headache again this year. And, knowing the Steelers, they'd probably end up cutting him after week 14 instead of waiting it out for a compensation pick, anyway - and then watch him get snatched up by the Patriots. But Martavis the Raider? The two sides deserve each other. I predict the Steelers get a great pick out of that spot.

I loved the trade and would have stopped at nothing to get rid of him. No brains at all, and a total lack of humility when he came back from suspensions previously. That’s a bad combo. The two cent head will usually catch up to you in this league (or any other league) regardless of talent.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:37 pm 

Cool. Glad we traded him. I don’t think anyone could have imagined how colossal of a fuck up this guy would be. Even me.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:47 pm 

Well, clearly I was wrong on this one. Just wanted the roster as strong as possible this year. Thought he could hold it together long enough to fleece a team out of some money and then implode. It was a gamble and I bet wrong.

He couldn’t even hold it together one season. What a dipshit.

Just goes to show that if someone isn’t willing to help themselves nothing anyone else gives them will ever truly help. What a waste. So much talent. He will be a penniless drug addict in short order from this point.

Team made a great move here. A fantastic one. Props to all involved. And that move looks even better today with them cutting the Landry Jones cord.

No problem eating crow. I missed big on this one and deserve it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:52 am 

But who did we actually get with the pick we sent for Bryant?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:21 am 

Orangesteel wrote:
But who did we actually get with the pick we sent for Bryant?

Rudolph

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:42 am 

Although to be totally accurate didn't we also have to use the pick we got for Ross Cockrell to move up a couple spots, in front of Cincinnati to finally get Rudolph?

So, it was a combination of the 3rd from the Raiders and that 7th from the Giants to nab perhaps our future starting QB. We in essence traded Bryant and Cockrell to get Mason Rudolph.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:06 am 

At the time of the trade, I was happy they were able to essentially break even and get a third out of Chucky (who looks like he'll be lucky to see even the middling success level of the second coming of Joe Gibbs).

It gets a little lost in this thread, though I have seen one or two comments on it. Bryant had next-level physical talent and chose to waste it on bad life choices. Our FO gave him multiple opportunities, stood by him during multiple suspensions and gave him every chance to be an elite talent in this league. It should say something the level that people think he could have achieved, even given his prior history the Raiders still threw a R3 at us for his services.
I hope for the best for this young man and any other person that bounces out on a shit note like this, and that maybe this wake-up call finally gives him enough ammunition to start making better life choices from now on.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:32 am 

DrMalba wrote:
At the time of the trade, I was happy they were able to essentially break even and get a third out of Chucky (who looks like he'll be lucky to see even the middling success level of the second coming of Joe Gibbs).

It gets a little lost in this thread, though I have seen one or two comments on it. Bryant had next-level physical talent and chose to waste it on bad life choices. Our FO gave him multiple opportunities, stood by him during multiple suspensions and gave him every chance to be an elite talent in this league. It should say something the level that people think he could have achieved, even given his prior history the Raiders still threw a R3 at us for his services.
I hope for the best for this young man and any other person that bounces out on a shit note like this, and that maybe this wake-up call finally gives him enough ammunition to start making better life choices from now on.

Well said.
Hopefully, MB finds his way and can resurrect his career some where down the road.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:11 pm 

People can still go with “either (a)it’s a dumb move or (b) they need coaches that can control their players”, but at the end of the day spending a 4th round pick to get 15-20 TDs and a 3rd round pick isn’t a particularly embarrassing day at the office for your average NFL GM.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:16 pm 

I love it how people call Bryant a dumb fuck who made wrong life choices. He didn't ever seem like the sharpest knife in the drawer, but the steelers gave him ample opportunities, knowing he has "issues." That says something about both the steelers and Bryant.

But people that are either developmentally disabled or have cognitive issues are plainly labeled dumbfucks who only care about their herb. Bell is more of a dumbfuck because the only affect he has is narcissism and a big head.

It reminds me of the Berman's drunk driving wife thread. The amount of intolerance for conformist behavior is palpable.