It is currently Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Mack headed East...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:03 am 

Quote:
Khalil Mack is heading east.

The Oakland Raiders are expected to trade the All-Pro pass rusher to the Chicago Bears, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday morning.

Chicago is expected to negotiate a long-term deal with Mack that should eclipse that of Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald, who signed a six-year extension Friday. Mack's rookie deal was set to expire after the 2018 season.

Oakland had reportedly demanded multiple first-round picks as compensation in earlier trade talks with teams.

Around The NFL will have more on the Mack trade as details roll in. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... om-raiders
I think the Raiders are going to regret this move. That defense will implode. Similar to what happened when Shazier went out.

Post subject: Re: Mack headed East...
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:39 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Quote:
Khalil Mack is heading east.

The Oakland Raiders are expected to trade the All-Pro pass rusher to the Chicago Bears, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Saturday morning.

Chicago is expected to negotiate a long-term deal with Mack that should eclipse that of Rams defensive tackle Aaron Donald, who signed a six-year extension Friday. Mack's rookie deal was set to expire after the 2018 season.

Oakland had reportedly demanded multiple first-round picks as compensation in earlier trade talks with teams.

Around The NFL will have more on the Mack trade as details roll in. http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... om-raiders
I think the Raiders are going to regret this move. That defense will implode. Similar to what happened when Shazier went out.

Couldn't agree more, he's the one player on that defense that can't be replaced. I'm not sure I can name another impact player at the moment....and i hate saying that because I was big on Karl Joseph coming out of West Virginia....even though I heard he's on his way out because he doesn't fit the scheme now with Gruden there.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:43 am 

I think the trade is dumb myself. Not a Raider fans per se but, stupid/dumb.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:45 am 

Glad the Browns did not get him

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:57 am 

I think the Raiders becoming draft pick wealthy by days end still screw the pooch on draft day. What are the chances the Bears do well enough to have high picks? Teens I'm guessing...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:51 am 

Steelafan77 wrote:
I think the Raiders becoming draft pick wealthy by days end still screw the pooch on draft day. What are the chances the Bears do well enough to have high picks? Teens I'm guessing...

That is the only way this trade becomes dumb for the Raiders.

That is a high price for Mack IMO.

Gruden must think the cupboard is bare, he certainly stockpiled some high picks.

I think what is more alarming, is that the Steelers developed Landry Jones for years and they couldn't get a damn thing for him - that says a lot.