It is currently Tue Apr 24, 2018 11:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: YES! YES! YES!!!!! I LOVE YOU JON GRUDEN!!!!!
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 6:34 pm 

Nick, we need some form of replay. Get rid of the automatic reviews, keep coaches' challenges. They only get 3 per half or whatever and then only if they have time outs. They won't want to lose time outs, so they'll be very judicious about when they throw the red flag. Just like it was before automatic reviews. Even you, Nick, can handle that.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:35 pm 

Poltargyst wrote:
Nick, we need some form of replay. Get rid of the automatic reviews, keep coaches' challenges. They only get 3 per half or whatever and then only if they have time outs. They won't want to lose time outs, so they'll be very judicious about when they throw the red flag. Just like it was before automatic reviews. Even you, Nick, can handle that.

3 per half is too much. I realize that most people are anal and want to try for perfection, so replay isn't going away. I'd say best option is no automatic reviews, 1, maybe 2 per half and 60 second time limit for the review and no slow motion, review at normal speed within 60 seconds. With a clock visible to EVERYONE in the stadium and on TV.... BUZZER SOUNDS, refs walk away and either give a decision, or say they don't see obvious evidence to over turn within the mandated 60 seconds. This way, you could over turn the OBVIOUS errors, meaning things so fucking obvious it sticks out like a sore thumb, something like a railroad spike sticking out of a guys forehead, and really, that's what it should be about fixing. TOTALLY OBVIOUS AT FULL SPEED.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 6:40 pm 

Nick79 wrote:
Poltargyst wrote:

3 per half is too much. I realize that most people are anal and want to try for perfection, so replay isn't going away. I'd say best option is no automatic reviews, 1, maybe 2 per half and 60 second time limit for the review and no slow motion, review at normal speed within 60 seconds. With a clock visible to EVERYONE in the stadium and on TV.... BUZZER SOUNDS, refs walk away and either give a decision, or say they don't see obvious evidence to over turn within the mandated 60 seconds. This way, you could over turn the OBVIOUS errors, meaning things so fucking obvious it sticks out like a sore thumb, something like a railroad spike sticking out of a guys forehead, and really, that's what it should be about fixing. TOTALLY OBVIOUS AT FULL SPEED.

I could live with that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:36 am 

The thing that ruined replay was going TOO FAR, super slow motion, super zoom in, 50 million angles and giving them too much time to think about it. Then it goes beyond looking for "obvious errors" and it becomes like trying to analyze at the atomic level looking to see of protons or nuetrons from the ball are shaking pollen dust off of individual blades of turf, and that's what has ruined the entire sport.