It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Reuben Foster to the Can
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:05 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
You think I'm stupid?
Absolutely not. I have no interest in alienating you.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:15 pm 

Sorry ten I get a little over passionate about it. My apologies. I have 5 children trying to make their way in this state and so far 3 have different sets of pitfalls to overcome. My oldest is trying to raise his family on meager allowances. He and his wife both work their asses off and barely get by. That's combined wages. My second oldest is living quite the enviable lifestyle. She went to culinary school and is a full time chef making a lot of good money. Yet she and her boyfriend still have to watch closely their spending and aren't able to buy a house because it's so darn expensive here. My 3rd is just in college. He has been working at a nationally known retailer and makes a meager wage. Has to room mate with a friend to get by. My point? My point is it's not going to get any better for them. Still have 2 in school. 1 in high school and 1 in Jr. High school. It's just heartbreaking how difficult it's going to become for them. Again ten I'm sorry if I came off as hostile. Not what I intended.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:49 pm 

No need to apologize. I came off a bit crass to you. I wish you and your family as much good fortune as possible.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:00 pm 

I know people who started off in Los Angeles who have since moved to AZ, so my next question, which has kind of been answered, is if CA is so oppressive, why not move to AZ or NV? I get that there might be personal reasons for needing to stay in CA, but if the answer is "because I wouldn't make as much money in AZ or NV as I'm making in CA even with the taxes", then that's what I mean by CA having more opportunities.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:06 pm 

Fair question gyst. I'll start by saying easier said than done, especially in the midst of tenured careers where it's not wise to leave your established job security. God knows that's hard to come by in today's society. Also those medical benefits that will help my wife and I see ourselves through those 'golden years' without being raped by medical costs. Sacrifices made now I suppose that pays off later is our plan. Individual retirement accounts are wise. Not only what the employer offers. On top of what the employer offers. I have several myself. Make contributions every month deferred. More or less starve now cause if it ain't on the check to begin with you won't miss it, to eat later when I won't want to continue working. California makes it especially challenging to accomplish this. For example I know folks that worked at a well known employer here for 20+ years. Everyone has heard these horror stories. Raising a family and then all the sudden in their middle ages they no longer have their career or income. Starting over in their 40's is tough. They're discriminated against. Very hard to prove too. They're replaced by a younger cheaper workforce that will settle with less benefits. Cause who needs good medical insurance now? Right? You're in your 20's-30's and healthy. Big Corporations thrive on this mentality. As far as small businesses go. Good luck here. Hope you have inexhaustible financial resources to maintain that business and actually turn a profit. Yeah this state may be wealthy but only the wealthy enjoy it. You all know that old saying, Those with all the gold make all the rules.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:52 pm 

Those entitlement mentality videos you posted 77 are real scary when you realize how many people live their lives with that frame of mind.

I liked the woman with 15 kids demanding that “somebody needs to pay for all this” like her situation is some sort of injustice she has been stuck with as a result of the actions of others.

Birth control is free lady. Other people’s tax payer dollars ensure that for you.

Everyone knows damn well why she had so many kids.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:23 pm 

Hey 77, do you have issues with corporate welfare as well? As much as you do with $1,300 a month for the woman in your interview? Corporate welfare is in the trillions. Individual welfare in CA and NY is in the $1-3 B range.

Arnold was governor, a republican, when the deficit was worst. Brown was elected, and he fixed the problem, yes? I can see because of mismanagement and some accounting errors the deficit is rearing it's ugly head, but California isn't even in the top five of number of welfare recipients per capita.

States with the most people on food stamps:
Louisiana. • Number of food stamp recipients: 868,192. ...
Tennessee. • Number of food stamp recipients: Just over 1.28 million. ...
Oregon. • Number of food stamp recipients: 791,222. ...
West Virginia. • Number of food stamp recipients: 369,249. ...
New Mexico. ...
Mississippi. ...
District of Columbia.

And I question the authenticity of the other vid. They looked like they were paid off, but even if they weren't, it pales in comparison to corporate welfare. Get angry at them as well. They are the ones robbing you blind, not the lazy fuck that doesn't want to work. No doubt they exist, but it seems to me people are being told they are the biggest problem. They aren't. And does it surprise you that the tax cuts corporations are getting are permanent, and the individual tax check is peanuts, and will expire.

I also suggest that the reason there was a deficit during Arnie's tenure was because corporations were given loopholes and skirted trillions of dollars of tax revenue, which would have cleaned up the deficit in no time.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:25 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
I also suggest that the reason there was a deficit during Arnie's tenure was because corporations were given loopholes and skirted trillions of dollars of tax revenue, which would have cleaned up the deficit in no time.

LMFAO.....Corporations account for approximately 10% of federal revenues, or about $330B a year. Corporations did not "skirt trillions of dollars" in CA where annual budgets run @ $170B, that's just dumb.

And taking less of someone's money is never welfare. Corporate taxes should be 0....Z-E-R-O (and it is for the vast majorirty of companies). It's already taxed when shareholders get their dividends.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:04 pm 

Kodiak wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:

LMFAO.....Corporations account for approximately 10% of federal revenues, or about $330B a year. Corporations did not "skirt trillions of dollars" in CA where annual budgets run @ $170B, that's just dumb.

And taking less of someone's money is never welfare. Corporate taxes should be 0....Z-E-R-O (and it is for the vast majorirty of companies). It's already taxed when shareholders get their dividends.

Why zero?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:22 pm 

Steelafan77 wrote:
Fair question gyst. I'll start by saying easier said than done, especially in the midst of tenured careers where it's not wise to leave your established job security. God knows that's hard to come by in today's society. Also those medical benefits that will help my wife and I see ourselves through those 'golden years' without being raped by medical costs. Sacrifices made now I suppose that pays off later is our plan. Individual retirement accounts are wise. Not only what the employer offers. On top of what the employer offers. I have several myself. Make contributions every month deferred. More or less starve now cause if it ain't on the check to begin with you won't miss it, to eat later when I won't want to continue working. California makes it especially challenging to accomplish this. For example I know folks that worked at a well known employer here for 20+ years. Everyone has heard these horror stories. Raising a family and then all the sudden in their middle ages they no longer have their career or income. Starting over in their 40's is tough. They're discriminated against. Very hard to prove too. They're replaced by a younger cheaper workforce that will settle with less benefits. Cause who needs good medical insurance now? Right? You're in your 20's-30's and healthy. Big Corporations thrive on this mentality. As far as small businesses go. Good luck here. Hope you have inexhaustible financial resources to maintain that business and actually turn a profit. Yeah this state may be wealthy but only the wealthy enjoy it. You all know that old saying, Those with all the gold make all the rules.

Fair enough. Just asking, thanks.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next