It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1089 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44
 Post subject: Re: AB signed with Pats
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:21 pm 

More proof of conduct detrimental to league protocols. Let's see if there are some league imposed actions on Rosenhaus and Brown.

Quote:
ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Antonio Brown sought advice from social media consultants to "accelerate" his release from the Raiders.
That would explain some of Brown's more outlandish maneuvers in the past week, including an Instagram story criticizing the Raiders for fining him (which later led to a heated confrontation with GM Mike Mayock) and a YouTube clip leaking a recorded (presumably private) conversation with coach Jon Gruden. Brown's acts of self-sabotage worked exactly as intended, drawing the Raiders' ire and eventually freeing him to align with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in New England. The Patriots offered a first-rounder for Brown earlier this offseason but the Steelers weren't keen to trade him to a conference rival. Turns out, he found his way to Foxboro anyway. The Evil Empire strikes again.

SOURCE: NFL on ESPN on Twitter
Sep 8, 2019, 10:57 AM ET

i am positive if we look up the league by laws, these things are a big no no, but never enforced.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:23 pm 

bradshaw2ben wrote:
JackLambert58 wrote:
Well here's your "Patriot Way" for you. I'm probably missing someone:

Aaron Hernandez
Adalius Thomas
Albert Haynesworth
Patrick Chung
Bob Kraft and his Asian fetish (related to Hi5 Steeler?)
And now Antonio Brown

Sure, Randy Moss and Corey Dillon worked out to some extent, but here's a fucking franchise who spouts "team" and "the Patriot Way" like it's some sort of moral code that should be followed in the NFL. Then yesterday, they go and reward to biggest fucking douchebag in the NFL and his shit-ass behavior with a multi-million dollar contract. Don't want to hear shit about the "Patriot Way" anymore because it's a fucking farce.

this x 1,000,000

OK, I see what you are saying, but let’s not make too much of the “Patriot Way”; I actually don’t think it’s all that relevant. If anything, the Patriot Way is kicking ass, hosting conference championships and winning Super Bowls, which they have done a lot of. The Patriots own the Steelers and are the class of the NFL. I’ve said it before; the Steelers are the Phil Mickelson playing for majors during the Tiger Woods era and it fucking blows. We couldn’t even win the goddamn division last year for Christ sakes while the Ravens have Lamar Jackson taking snaps.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:42 pm 

One comment I found interesting from Rosenhaus was that Antonio is looking forward to playing for the Patriots where "everyone is accountable."

Dude is nuts, and he wants "special" treatment if others are getting it. The stories of Tom Brady running to meetings for fear of being late, if true, are much different that Pittsburgh or most places.

And maybe what he wants. A place where even the QB is treated as an equal.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:53 pm 

I still don’t understand how the League is going to just sit by idle and let all of this happen. Can Oakland file a tampering charge against New England if there is proof that they were contacting him before he was officially released? Hell, the NFL should suspend AB until they can fully look into whether that actually happened.

The sets a dangerous precedent (like the NBA is currently buried in with situations like Jimmy Butler in MIN); the owners love money and they looooooove the hype, but I would think there is still an element of “playing fair” and not violating rules put in place that serve the best interests of the League generally. The NFL does NOT want to be the NBA; I know that much.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 1:23 pm 

DP39 wrote:
Wow, Pats offered us a 1st for AB and we settled for a 3rd and 5th.

Kraft and BB so own Deuce and MT.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reports Antonio Brown sought advice from social media consultants to "accelerate" his release from the Raiders.

That would explain some of Brown's more outlandish maneuvers in the past week, including an Instagram story criticizing the Raiders for fining him (which later led to a heated confrontation with GM Mike Mayock) and a YouTube clip leaking a recorded (presumably private) conversation with Jon Gruden. Brown's acts of self-sabotage worked exactly as intended, drawing the Raiders' ire and eventually freeing him to align with Tom Brady and Bill Belichick in New England. The Patriots offered a first-rounder for Brown earlier this offseason but the Steelers weren't keen to trade him to a conference rival. Turns out, he found his way to Foxboro anyway. The Evil Empire strikes again.

Source: NFL on ESPN on Twitter

Sep 8, 2019, 10:57 AM ET

I am calling bullshit on the first round pick! No way they would offer that, especially after Edelman won MVP.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 2:12 pm 

Since the douche purposely orchestrated his way off the Raiders the first thing Goodell and the Shield should do is make Assclownio purchase every item that has his name on it with Raiders colors and if people want to return NFL clothing with Assclownio's name it he will purchase those back as well. That would be before he is suspended for breaking league rules and damaging the shield.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:25 pm 

If your on the fence considering tampering and all this set by consider this - he stated he wouldn’t play without his guaranteed money, then asked to be released. By current CBA rules, if he played on Monday night, the Raider would have owed him his 30 million. The only way he would not have been given the money would have been had they suspended him for game 1. On Friday after his apology, Gruden said they had plans to play AB on Monday, so his guaranteed money was safe. Why did Brown think all was not well as I’m sure Rosenhouse knew that, yet he asked for his release anyway and continued to confuse everyone with his bullshit. He wanted released because Rosenhouse already cut a deal with New England and had everything all set up. The contract was probably already written by the time 4:00 came around and the Pats came calling at 4:02 after the last period was typed on the paper. It all just happened way to quick and smooth and I doubt they even took another call from any other team.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:43 pm 

lets just be real here. AB and Rosenhaus engineered AB's exit from PIT and they engineered his exit from OAK. At each stage, they were ahead of the game. Now AB's being a total egomaniac cost him his $30M guaranteed, but once he had lost it, Rosenhaus and his machine launched into action and figured out the absolute best alternative. His contract and guarantee are less but he is with the best organization in the NFL now. I bet he is on his absolute best behavior the whole season now. He wont question Tom Terrific. They have won it without him. He cant say they have to have him to win like he felt he could at PIT and OAK.

It sucks. It absolutely does but Rosenhaus is smarter than anybody in PIT or OAK. He just used the system to get his client on a guaranteed winner with a $9M guarantee. Sure, its less than $29M, but Rosenhaus did the best he could after AB totally effed things up in PIT and then in OAK.

OAK should have sent the "5 day letter" and demanded than he either show up or they would put him on the IR-left the team list. But they have no stones and they just gave him exactly what he wanted.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:52 pm 

MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
OAK should have sent the "5 day letter" and demanded than he either show up or they would put him on the IR-left the team. But they have no stones and they just gave him exactly what he wanted.
You'd think they would have protected the franchise by doing what you say. They didn't. It's obvious to many that they could have figuratively strapped AB to a chair and waited until next year with no real repercussion. Why?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:26 pm 

COR-TEN wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:
OAK should have sent the "5 day letter" and demanded than he either show up or they would put him on the IR-left the team. But they have no stones and they just gave him exactly what he wanted.
You'd think they would have protected the franchise by doing what you say. They didn't. It's obvious to many that they could have figuratively strapped AB to a chair and waited until next year with no real repercussion. Why?

The Steelers could have done the same thing...right?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:38 pm 

alancac98 wrote:
If your on the fence considering tampering and all this set by consider this - he stated he wouldn’t play without his guaranteed money, then asked to be released. By current CBA rules, if he played on Monday night, the Raider would have owed him his 30 million. The only way he would not have been given the money would have been had they suspended him for game 1. On Friday after his apology, Gruden said they had plans to play AB on Monday, so his guaranteed money was safe. Why did Brown think all was not well as I’m sure Rosenhouse knew that, yet he asked for his release anyway and continued to confuse everyone with his bullshit. He wanted released because Rosenhouse already cut a deal with New England and had everything all set up. The contract was probably already written by the time 4:00 came around and the Pats came calling at 4:02 after the last period was typed on the paper. It all just happened way to quick and smooth and I doubt they even took another call from any other team.

When they fined him for conduct detrimental to the team it made the contract not guaranteed and basically became a week to week contract at that point. The wording in his contract and the CBA made that the case.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:40 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:

Steelers should have just paid him to stay at home

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:46 pm 

Jobus Rum wrote:
COR-TEN wrote:
MemphisSteelerFan wrote:

I guess you are right. He had 2 years left on his contract. They could have demanded that he show up this season and if he didnt, then he would be put on that list but PIT had been dealing with him for years and I guess just wanted him gone. But OAK had dealt with him for just a few months and he hadnt even played for them yet. If I was Marc Davis, I would have done whatever I legally could have done to ensure that if AB didnt play for me, then he would play for nobody at least this season. Wouldnt really give a rats arse if it made him mad or not. He showed his true colors. But Davis/Mayock caved and enabled him to get what he wanted.

Maybe Davis was afraid that the NFLPA would have taken him to court or arbitration and he would have still been on the hook for the $29M. I dont know but I just pray that he (AB) acts the same way in NE. But I know he wont. He knows Bellicheat will cut him in a sec and not look back.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:26 pm 

Antonio Brown will be in Kraft's luxury box for the game.

Expect a lot of camera shots up at Kraft and AB tonight.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1089 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 40, 41, 42, 43, 44